BSL 2010 Challenge

Great job with the stretch. :D

Ladies if you want to join please just post here, it is harder for me to have to go from my email to this post to get your name. Thanks! I am anxious for 2010 to begin this love affair of BSL. LOL

sign me up!

im set to be APL by december 09 so BSL in 2010 is doable :yep:

*Subscribing*

I wanna join!

I haven't really thought about my regimen yet, but I'll be going to the salon once every 2-3 weeks and doing it myself in between. I'll be washing weekly, not using heat outside of my salon visits, and using very low manipulation.

My goal is to reach BSL by April.

I am going to prematurely join this challenge. I should be Apl by Dec or Jan. So Bsl is possible by the end of next year I hope.

I'm really hoping for full BSL by April of 2010. I will:

• deep condition once a week
  • wash once a week
  • do an ayurvedic co-wash once a week
  • damp bun everyday w/ HS 14 in 1 and Moroccan oil
  • only flat iron periodically (like once every 2 months)

Darn!! I said I was going to wait to officially make it to APL before joining this challenge, but gosh darn it, most of my sisters from the APL challenge are in here, so please sign me up. My goal is to make BSL by December 2010. I will post a starting photo/ regimen later. Here we go girls!!

Yeah we up in here!!:lachen: Hey why not?? I say we try to get as close as we can and have fun all the way.

sign me up.
It is ambitious...but I think now I finally know what is right for me.
I will put the goal for December 2010.

Right now I have went from about 3 in from apl to shoulder because of a setback due to breakage from medication.

I'm still here!:-)

Tonight I cowashed with V05 and added a little castor oil and coconut oil to seal. I'm wearing my moisture scarf now.

I have to say my hair has gotten thicker (if that's even possible).

aew8j7.jpg

This is my starting pic. I'm starting at SL, I'm currently in the APL by Dec. challenge, although it might take me till Mar. to get there. My reggie consists of a rotation of oiling with Ayurvedic oils, Cowashing with AM,Suave Humectant, and V05 moisture milks. Dcing at least twice a week. Tea rinsing once a week, airdrying and bunning.
My staples are Ayurvedic powders and oils, Shikakai poo bar, Castor oil, Cantu Shea Butter, For cond. ORS, Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor,Silicon mix, Motions CPR, and AM. I'm looking foward to a year of healthy hair growing and retaining. Let's get this party started ladies.!!!:grin:

ETA: My goal month is Dec., and I will also be adding Sulfur to my Ayurvedic oils.

Last edited:
This will be my first challenge. I'm a total newbie =)

I am currently juuuuust past APL and I believe on track to become BSL by January 2010 or so. We'll see if I'm overestimating!

Regimen:

Products your using:
Co-Wash daily alternating with HE Totally Twisted & HE LTR & a 30 second final rinse with Roux Porosity Control.

DC Every other week with either Motions CPR, Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie, or AO Honeysuckle Rose I do this with heat under a hooded dryer.

Each Morning I moisturize with Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In, Apply Mixed Chicks Leave In conditioner blended with a smidgen of Beyond the Zone Noodle Head, and then scrunch with Loreal Studio Extreme Hold Gel. THEN I seal with coconut oil after the products have sunken in for about 5 or so minutes. Throw in a ponytail and airdry.

Each Evening after I cowash I apply Mixed Chicks only and then seal with ev coconut oil. Sleep on a satin pillowcase. My man hates scarves...lol.

....and I know....I'm a product junkie... =) :blush:

Starting Hair Length:
APL maybe sliiiiightly past - my hair is layered though and I'm trying to grow those layers out. Right now, I look at them as the bane of my existence...

Goal Month:
Being optimistic and going for my birthday in January 2010!

Pics if possible!
My starting pic was taken a little over a month ago - my hair is just a bit longer than this. I will be length checking again in about a month or so.

Attachments

• 7 27 09.jpg
    7 27 09.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
I want in! I'm currently nearly apl (stretched) possibly a little more in the back. I'm fairly new and keep to a very low maintenance and haven't figured out a fine tuned regi yet, but I'll work on it.
I am slightly texlaxed (done in the first week of June '09). I'm currently bunning w/ one cowash a week (if I'm not too busy) and I wash w/ shampoo once every other week or so. I use Aussie Moist shampoo/condish, CON (green), Nexus Keraphix as needed, Silk Vanilla as needed for more protien. For heavy protien I go to the salon (but will tell her not to straighten or blow dry). For oils I use EVOO and Elasta QP Mango Butter (but as you can see, I'm not much of a PJ, so I keep it rather simple.
Look in my profile for my progress (Feb-Sept.) I'll straighten it by roller set and post the pictures over the week end. Thanks for the opportunity!

ETA: My goal is to get to BSL by May 20 (I'm getting married that following weekend:grin:)

I am so in! I actually reached APL last month, but had a setback (my fault) and I'm working my way back. I'm in the Hide Your Hair Challenge until December 15, so I can't post any recent pics, but I will add them after that.

Regimen: shampoo/DC 2x a week; co-wash 3x a week; always airdry (only allow direct heat when I get relaxer touch ups); work on stretching my relaxers longer

Products your using:

Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying(2x a month); Motions Moisture Plus/Motions CPR (weekly)

Deep Conditioners: Motions After Shampoo Moisturizing Conditioner/Motions Protein Reconstructor

Co-wash Conditioners: Garnier Fructis/Herbal Essences

Leave Ins: ORS Carrot Oil, African Royale Hot Six Oil, NTM

Starting Hair Length: Between SL and APL

Goal Month: I'm shooting for July 2010, but I plan on trimming often for a blunt cut so I may take a little longer.

Please add me to this challenge. I'm currently APL been stuck here for a while, it's time for me to move to the next level BSL baby...

Regimen: Wash 1x wk, Keep hair in braids or twist, no trims, moisturize daily, take vitamins

Products your using: coconut oil, castor oil, Elasta QP Intense cond., Cantu shea butter leave-in, baking soda for wash.

Starting Hair Length: APL

Goal Month: April/May 2010
New starting pic as of 12-23-09
happypix045.jpg

Last edited:
I want in on this too! :yep:

Regimen: pre-poo with amla oil. Wash hair every Sunday and Wed/Thurs. DC with protein every third wash. All DC's are done using my table-top steamer. Absolutely no heat and I try to use protective styling as much as possible with my leave-ins.

Products you're using:

NTM hair mask (moisture DC)
Aphogee 2 min. keratin reconstructor (mild-mod protein DC)
Affirm 5 in 1 (heavy protein DC)
NTM leave-in moisturizer (mixed with distilled water and jojoba oil and sprayed daily)
CHI keratin mist (protein leave-in).
My next relaxer will be Mizani regular, I used Elasta QP no-lye last time and I shed like a sick cat, not to even mention the underprocessing!!! Oh and I use L'occitane 10% shea butter cream daily, I LOVE IT!!!

Starting Hair Length: Between chin and neck - I'll upload a picture once I figure out how... I'm terrible with such things...

Goal Month: February 2010

Just to add, I'm 4a/b relaxed

Good luck everyone!!! Will post pic asap

Could you add me too please!

Regimen: Wash 1/week with tresemmé moisture rich (clarify every 2 weeks with tresemmé deep clensing)
DC 1/week organics hair mayonnaise, air dry.
Daily leave-in: Schwarzkopf gliss, liquid silk gloss conditioner + elasta qp mango butter
Style with fantasia ic gel, and I think that is about it. I'll also be putting my straighteners away for a few months :crying3:

Starting Hair Length: Shoulder length natural

Goal Month: BSL December 2010
(Interim goal: APL January 2010)

attachment.php

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Attachments

• September 2009.jpg
    September 2009.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 292
I want in!

I am past APL texlaxed 4 c.
I cornrow for two weeks bagging at night with my glycerine mix.
I will wash and deep condition every two weeks.
I like Aveda Dr and Smooth Infusion, and ORS Mayo.
I take msm, daily multi,brewers yeast, biotin,vitamin c and spirulina.
I use MN and MTG on my scalp every night.
I will be upping my protien with whey shakes and more fish.
I will be walking/running 2 miles every day for health and hair.

Add me to this challenge, please!!

I am currently APL

I have a pretty simple regi:

1. Wash weekly with cream of nature ultra moisturizing shampoo.
2. Light Protein treatment with organix.
3. Cover strands with 14-1 and seal coconut oil.
4. Bun,bun,bun,bun.

Please count me in for DEC 2010. I was hoping to APL BY DEC 2009, but looks like I will be 1-2 in short. So will just aim for BSL by DEC 2010.

Nothing much in regimen co-washing from 2-7 days a week (depends on time of the year). Deep condition 1-2 times a month.
The only major change I am making, is to incorporate major protective styling.

I see that I had not posted my progress pic yet. I live alone so its really hard for me to take these. I can never get my hair to lay straight on my back before the camera timer goes off. Its from August.

Attachments

• AugAPLCheck.jpg
    AugAPLCheck.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
I'm still in the game! I've been sporting twists and a fro. I suppose I need to try to get a progress pic posted. To be honest I don't know how long my hair is now. I've been doing the hide your hair challenge.

I'm currently BSB, and not yet APL. So I'm shooting for BSL June 2010.

>Regimen:
Weekly wash
Poo with Aussie Moist Shampoo (plan to try Joico Body Luxe)
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Aussie 3 min miracle deeep w/honey (DC)
> Leave-Ins: Aussie Hair Insurance, Jasmine's Bath and Body Leave-In Detangler
>Moisturizer: NTM leave-in
>Oils/Sealants: Coconut oil, Olive oil, and Tea Tree Oil
>Growth Aid: Bee Mine, but will start using Boundless Tresses

Starting pic and length: SL
CIMG1214-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I'm down! I don't know if I can make it since I'm still at least 4 inches from APL but what the heck. I'll post a starting pic this weekend and another on at the end of the year.

Regimen:

Products your using: MTG and oil mix every other day, biotin, MSM, DCing with Joico kpak or silk result, direct heat only between sew in or braids ( every 4-16 weeks depending on the style).

Starting Hair Length: SL

Goal Month: December 2010

Pics if possible - see my siggie for starting length. I'll update again on 12/31/09

Last edited:
I wanna join.

Regimen:
wash hair once a wk
Overnight dc with Myhoneychild olive you
shampoo with any shampoo
deep condition with myhoneychild honey hair mask mixed with karens body beautiful luscious locks hair mask
apply giovanni direct leave in
seal with karens body beautiful hair cream
henna once a month
light protein as needed organic root strimulator hair mayo

Starting Hair Length: grazing armpit length

Goal Month: June 2010

Pics if possible!
006.jpg

Back