BSL 2010 Challenge

Congratulations! :) YEAH!

updated length shot:
1znxtz9.jpg

I am BSL/BSB. I wear my bra REALLY low. But I am still in this because I want to be full BSB by the end of the year and my hair has a lot of layers

Your hair is gorgeous! Why have you been hiding your hair from us. You've been on here since 2008. lol.

Is it too late for me to join this challenge? I hope to make BSL by Dec 2010.

Here are my photos (sorry they are kind of big!!!):

February 2009

Comp1-vi.jpg

January 2010, after a 2inch trim.

IMG_2770-vi.jpg

April 2010

IMG_1094-vi.jpg

Thanks Sapphire, it actually feels great. It seems like it took soooo long!

I just love the way my hair feels on my back and down my arms. I'd forgotten what it felt like.

It's like having a protective shield.

I'm working on full bsl/bsb, as I make my way to mbl - but in the meantime, I'm thanking God for the progress.

wahoo congrats to bronzebombshell and jjamiah!! you give me major hope :grin: how do you feel? my tummy would be having butterflies non stop lol

I am in 2 french braids at the moment, i'll redo them with every co-wash/wash until i get bored.

Last edited:
Your hair is gorgeous! Why have you been hiding your hair from us. You've been on here since 2008. lol.

Thanks everyone.

Well......I've been a lurker for a loooooong time. LOL. I've definitely learned a lot on this board and now I want to take my hair care to the next level.

AND I AM SO CLAIMING IT TODAY! :D (PICS won't be until June, unless I can get to a camera sooner)
I had the hubby last night do the check for me :) his job in all this and I have reached BSB/BSL I am so Excited, but honestly can I be honest, It still looks short! :look:

Congrats JJamiah, Im so happy for you. Can't wait to see pics. I knew you was BSL a while ago.

Congrats JJamiah, Im so happy for you. Can't wait to see pics. I knew you was BSL a while ago.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

thanks, I was brascrap! LOL NOw that I washed and blow dried and it is a little past I feel right claiming it. It seems so short though, :nono:

I am definitely going to update the pics but I am waiting until June. I am getting my relaxer and trim then as well :D

updated length shot:
1znxtz9.jpg

I am BSL/BSB. I wear my bra REALLY low. But I am still in this because I want to be full BSB by the end of the year and my hair has a lot of layers

You'll def. make it.:yep:

February 2009

Comp1-vi.jpg

IMG_2770-vi.jpg

April 2010

IMG_1094-vi.jpg

I plan to keep it simple, wash and detangle twice a week. Lately I've been wearing wash n go's, using HEHH as a leave in. I always do a hot oil treatment the night before I wash my hair, and a DC once a month. I don't plan to straighten my hair again until July, and then again in December. With no trims until December (maybe).

Welcome, your hair is gorgeous!!

AND I AM SO CLAIMING IT TODAY! :D (PICS won't be until June, unless I can get to a camera sooner)
I had the hubby last night do the check for me :) his job in all this and I have reached BSB/BSL I am so Excited, but honestly can I be honest, It still looks short! :look:

Congratulations!!! I know it's beautiful. Can't wait to see pics!!

I was going to wait until I get my touch up next month to claim BSL but, I think I'm gonna go 'head and claim it now. I'm posting some quick pics but, check out my siggy to see the difference from last month. :drunk: I'm trippin! I'm sure that if I straightened my roots, I'm full bsl. The is the longest my hair has EVER been.

Moving on to mbl. I'm SO excited. I didn't think I'd feel any difference but the difference between last month and this month makes me want to :thud:. This thing is really going down. :thud:

Act like you don't notice that I'm trying to cover my back flab with the text boxes. I've just joined a fitness challenge. :look:

Attachments

• April 15 2010 bsl.jpg
    April 15 2010 bsl.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • bsl strands.jpg
    bsl strands.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 20
  • more bsl strands.jpg
    more bsl strands.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
I was going to wait until I get my touch up next month to claim BSL but, I think I'm gonna go 'head and claim it now. I'm posting some quick pics but, check out my siggy to see the difference from last month. :drunk: I'm trippin! I'm sure that if I straightened my roots, I'm full bsl. The is the longest my hair has EVER been.

Moving on to mbl. I'm SO excited. I didn't think I'd feel any difference but the difference between last month and this month makes me want to :thud:. This thing is really going down. :thud:

Act like you don't notice that I'm trying to cover my back flab with the text boxes. I've just joined a fitness challenge. :look:

Congratulations!! OMG your has taken off! It's growing super fast. Next stop MBL!!!:grin:

I am really looking forward to my next length check, it has taken a very long time but I finally have gotton a handle on breakage and so am retaining more length..thank you henna and aphogee 2 min lol

CONGRATULATIONS NJOY!!!! :trophy:

oooopps, here i was ranting and raving about NJoy's growth and Kellum, JJmaiah, and Br.mshell hitting BSL and i just discovered i posted it on the wrong thread! LOL!

like i said on that thread (MBL), i'm subscribed to over 50 threads and sometimes it's easy to get lost in it all, so i will say it again, and say it loud:

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES ON HITTING THAT BELOVED BSL GOAL ON THE MARK!!!NJoy, are you going to post your reggie here? just to think of how much your hair has grown in just one single month gives me goose bumps!!!
WOW!i'm so proud of you and KNOW how hard you've been working to make it to BSL! MBL is just a hop, skip and a jump away, you'll be there in a hot minute at the rate you're going!
CLAIM IT BABY, CLAIM IT!!!

oooopps, here i was ranting and raving about NJoy's growth and Kellum, JJmaiah, and Br.mshell hitting BSL and i just discovered i posted it on the wrong thread! LOL!

like i said on that thread (MBL), i'm subscribed to over 50 threads and sometimes it's easy to get lost in it all, so i will say it again, and say it loud:

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES ON HITTING THAT BELOVED BSL GOAL ON THE MARK!!!NJoy, are you going to post your reggie here? just to think of how much your hair has grown in just one single month gives me goose bumps!!!
WOW!i'm so proud of you and KNOW how hard you've been working to make it to BSL! MBL is just a hop, skip and a jump away, you'll be there in a hot minute at the rate you're going!
CLAIM IT BABY, CLAIM IT!!!

You are a cheerleader like no other. Thanks! I PM'd you my reggie and copied it to my blog for anyone to see. I hope this is indicative of what the warmer months will bring. If so, I say bring it on!

I am really looking forward to my next length check, it has taken a very long time but I finally have gotton a handle on breakage and so am retaining more length..thank you henna and aphogee 2 min lol

APHOGEE 2 minute is a god send, I don't know what I would do if they stopped making it.

Congratulations, NJoy!!! Fabulous progress!!!

I'm not sure if it's possible to reach BSL by December 2010, but I'm sure as heck gonna try!

I don't see why you won't make BSL and it is possible.

For the summer I am going to rock a nice Afro Puff Phony pony and Afro Updo :D

I think that looks nice on me. I will not put gel on my hair maybe a little designer touch around the edges to keep it from blowing away like my hair likes to! I want to keep it nice looking without to much product and heat!

OMGosh I so agree with this. When I go to the salon, I try to hang on to the fullness and lightness, I don't want to add anything to it, cause I know it going to weight it down. I also just have my beautican just to blowdry it straight as possible, it leave the fullness. I really like it.

February 2009

Comp1-vi.jpg

IMG_2770-vi.jpg

April 2010

IMG_1094-vi.jpg

I plan to keep it simple, wash and detangle twice a week. Lately I've been wearing wash n go's, using HEHH as a leave in. I always do a hot oil treatment the night before I wash my hair, and a DC once a month. I don't plan to straighten my hair again until July, and then again in December. With no trims until December (maybe).

WoW you hair is beautiful. Your reggie is really working for you. Keep it up. Its very full and thick as well.

I know the feeling, breakage is not cool espicially when you trying to reach your goal. Every loss piece is like stab in the back.

CONGRATS to the Ladies who have reached BSL. Great motivation for us, who are striving to get there.

Well I got another trim, I know im tripping, but I really needed it and my breakage stopped to, so my ends were just bad. Im good now. I been very lazy with my hair, so I need to get back on my game. Start back Co washing 2 times a week. I can't afford no more trims this year.

I also measured my hair, I have 2-3 inches before im BSL. Hopefully I can reach that by DEC.

I know some people think different, but I looked at my hair in the mirror which is a little past APL and I consider it long. Im happy with it and I know I will be even happier with BSL. (Im 5'4) APL was the biggest hurdle for me.

Last edited:
thanks The Princess! APL is seeming like my biggest hurdle TOO!!!

some people might think "what are you doing on this thread if you're not even APL yet"?

well, what can i say...

i'm maybe an inch to an inch and a half from APL and yep, i'm already measuring how many inches i've got to go until i get to BSL! (from APL to BSL is 4 inches on me.)

i really need to just be happy with what i've already attained because this is the LONGEST MY HAIR HAS EVER BEEN! i'll get there when i get there...

some people might think "what are you doing on this thread if you're not even APL yet"?

well, what can i say...

i'm maybe an inch to an inch and a half from APL and yep, i'm already measuring how many inches i've got to go until i get to BSL! (from APL to BSL is 4 inches on me.)

i really need to just be happy with what i've already attained because this is the LONGEST MY HAIR HAS EVER BEEN! i'll get there when i get there...

I know what you mean with the "longest you've ever been" thing. I'm there too and anything and everything is a new milestone to celebrate!

well, what can i say...

Yup!:yep: I can relate to that! This is the longest my hair has been in my entire life... and I can't wait to be BSL. My "nay-sayers" have been comin' around asking questions. Maybe they're finally starting to believe that we can grow long, healthy, black hair.:drunk:

CONGRATS to the Ladies who have reached BSL. Great motivation for us, who are striving to get there.

Well I got another trim, I know im tripping, but I really needed it and my breakage stopped to, so my ends were just bad. Im good now. I been very lazy with my hair, so I need to get back on my game. Start back Co washing 2 times a week. I can't afford no more trims this year.

I also measured my hair, I have 2-3 inches before im BSL. Hopefully I can reach that by DEC.

I know some people think different, but I looked at my hair in the mirror which is a little past APL and I consider it long. Im happy with it and I know I will be even happier with BSL. (Im 5'4) APL was the biggest hurdle for me.

ORIGHT The Princess hand over those scissors, your making BSL this year no more cutting. (holds out her hands----> :nono: no more cutting) I am glad the breakage ceased! I know how frustrating that can be.

well, what can i say...

I am glad you joined the BSB/BSL challenge. Many people go through more than one length in a year. So it is not impossible at all. I joined the BSL and MBL challenge. I thought MBL was a fetch but I joined anyway. It can be done.

I know what you mean with the "longest you've ever been" thing. I'm there too and anything and everything is a new milestone to celebrate!

Your right every new milestone is a reason to celebrate.

I am back to using my mega tek to try and get a boost in hair growth. I am also co washing every day now. I will be using my mixed chicks this week.

Back