Tomorrow is wash day for me I'm going to

Pre-poo with coconut oil, sit under the dryer for 15mins
Deep condish with lite protein for 20min
wash with diluted poo
add so milk n honey
tea rinse
leave-in and seal
bun...
Sorry nothing exciting to report. This will be my reggie until I reach my goal. I'm in a braid challenge so the braided bun is it for the rest of the year.

UpDaTe: It's been 12 days since I installed my weave. I do my take-down in March. I'm hoping to reach 11.5 inches of hair by then. BSL is 14 inches.

Hi. Just wanted to update my reggie:
Wash hair 1x per week
Ayurvedic Treatments 1x per week (rinses, pastes, etc...)
Deep Condition 1x per week
Oil Scalp with Castor Oil 2/3x's per week
Moisturize and/or seal with oil daily, or as needed

This is pretty much my plan of action in a nutshell.

I would like to join. I need 1" to 1 1/2" to make it since my trim in Dec.

Regimen:
http://journals.fotki.com/KBAW/my-regimen/

Products your using:
http://journals.fotki.com/KBAW/my-regimen/

Starting Hair Length:
About 1" to 1 1/2" from BSB

Goal Month: I hope to make it by my 1 year anniversary in April 2010 or be really close.

Pics for starting goal-
CIMG1182-1-1.jpg

CIMG1187-1.jpg

Just checking in: I went to the hairdresser to get my hair flatiron, what a treat. My hair is really thriving. Hopefully I don't get any setback this year.

I also bought Mizani new BUTTER RICH DEEP NOURISHING HAIRDRESS. I like it, it real light, non sticky. Cause I got my hair flatiron today, I put some on my ends and edges, I will see tomorrow, how my ends feel. It did make my edges silky. So far so good.

I've been considering purchasing a jar of this. Can you tell us what are the ingredients?

Here is a picture of IVY, she is my protective style for the winter. I am going to purchase a half wig later next month will post pics then. :)

:D

Last edited:
I prepooed with Amla and Shikakai oil for a few hour then did a double tea rinse. Now I'm sitting here with Suave Humectant and Aussie Moist slathered on. I'll air dry and seal with LTR leave in and Hairveda/Afroveda oils.

Hello all!!! Is their a hair lingo definition file on this site? I would love to get familiar with the abbreviations. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hey JJ,
Sign a sista up!
Regimen: Weaving my hair is my PS...it's been through my whole HHJ (i keep my installs in for a max of 4-6 wks)
While in a weave...
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Apply MT/OCT/Castor/Peppermint and Coconut Oil Mix to scalp
Tuesday’s and Thursday’s: spray Glycerin/Rosewater/Vitka and Peppermint Oil/Pure Aloe Juice Mix as a moisturizer (if needed)

When i take my install out i....
1. Section my hair in 6 and apply Alma oil to hair and scalp and braid each section. I place a plastic bag on my head along with a wool winter hat (black) and leave oil in my hair overnight

2. Rinse then DC with (ORS Mayo/EVOO/Honey:lick:):
•I warm this up in the microwave for 30 secs
•Apply to hair (I make sure my hair is saturated with my DC mix
•Place my “Thermal Spa Heat Conditioning Cap” over a plastic bag
•Leave in for 30-45 mins
FYI: i keep my hair in the sectioned braids to so that my hair will not tangle during the DC and wash.
3. Rinse with cold water then run hair under iced cold water for 20 seconds
4. Either co wash with V05 Moisture Milks or Organix Coconut Milk OR clarify with Suave Clarifying POO or PC
5. take each braid out and detangle then re-braid and let my hair air dry.
6. Mix pure shea butter with grape seed oil and aloe vera gel. Apply to hair and prepare hair for my weave install.

Products your using: MT/OCT/Castor Oil/Peppermint Mix, Glycerin/Rosewater/Vitka Oil/Pure Aloe Juice Mix/Peppermint Oil (moisture spray), Rosewater/V05 Moisture Milks (condish spray)
Starting Hair Length: SL
Goal Month: Aug/Sep (my hair grows a half an inch a month)
Pics for starting goal (FYI...i'm 5'8)
LENGTHCHECK_edited2-vi.jpg

I have been wearing a braidout high bun since Friday, will continue to wear it until Tuesday when I do my full wash.

Still bunning with my signature bun. I am only 5 weeks post but my new growth is pretty thick :grin:. I think all the vitamins and exercising are definitely working. I moisturize and seal 2x a day (AOHSR and EVOO). I wash every 3 days or whenever my hair begins to feel dry.

I think I'm going to try bunning! LOL. I'm so indecisive. I guarantee I'll be back in a week saying how I'm over it.

gosh i havent updated in forever. i haven't straightened my hair in a while so i dont know how long it is offically. but it sure surprised me in the shower one day when my hair was wet and and i realised it was at armpit length while still curly.

as i sit here it seems to be about 3 inches past underarm, but i dont plan on straightening it till june 2010. hopefully ill be bsl by then :)

I've been sick with a fever for the past 3 days and I think my poor hair is taking a hit. It's sooo dry now :nono:

Can anyone recommend a good, not too expensive, DC?

TIA

I had my friend braid my hair in the same bee hive pattern you would for a sew in weave to wear under my half wigs. I am loving it because my ends are all the way protected. I'm still adding my MN daily as well as my braid spray ( 1/4 cup avacado oil, 3/4 cup water & 20 drops peppermint EO in a spray bottle) I got the reciepe from an old thread. I have also added nettle and horsetail to my supplement list. Just got started on my workouts too. I told myself on the days I am too tired I will at least go and sit in the steam room.

On Saturday I washed my hair with Hair One. Detangled in the shower with regular conditioner. Applied my DC Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. I actually used the Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise on part of my hair. Went to open the new tub and realized it wasn't the same. It was still MegaSilk though. DCed overnight. Washed it out this morning. Put a little leave-in with some coconut oil and let it air dry in my new little net hat. Will twist it tomorrow.

SIGN ME UP :grin:

current length: grazing APL
goal length: bsl by may 2010

Regimen:
-crown & glory technique til may
-wash once a month- i know i know :rolleyes:
-moisturize w. glycerin and protein w. infusium every other day
-grease scalp w. grandma wilkie's supergro and my mix of mtg every other day
-drink protein shakes a few times a week
-no direct heat
-protective style w. braids that i'll redo every 2 mths.
-use cholesterol treatment on my hair for 30 min after taking braids out

PRODUCTS
-grandma wilkie's supergro
-mtg
-infusium 23
-palmers cocoabutter shampoo
-mane n tail conditioner
-glycerin/water mix
-cholesterol treatment

I've been sick with a fever for the past 3 days and I think my poor hair is taking a hit. It's sooo dry now :nono:

Can anyone recommend a good, not too expensive, DC?

TIA

I have been sick as well since the day after Christmas, still alittle. Feel BETTER!!!! :perplexed

I absolutely love Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Deep Conditioning - under the self heating cap for 1-2 hours when your butt doesn't want to get out of BED TRUST ME PRICELESS! TRY IT!

Hello Ladies! I just joined LHCF and I am excited because I am participating in two chalenges which are APL 2010 and BSL 2010. I have been growing out my relaxer since May '08 and I am now all natural.

Mini Assessment:

What are you doing for growth?
I will protective style my hair through full sew-ins. I am doing weekly DC, co-washing, moisturizing and sealing using hair cream and natural oils. I am in the process of picking my staple products and I will stick with them throughout 2010. I am taking my vitamins which are Source of Life Liquid and Nioxin daily. Also, I will work out 3-5 times a week.

What are you not going to do?
I will not flat iron my hair except for on check in dates and I will not trim my ends more than twice this year. I will not sleep w/o a scarf or try too many new products.

What length are you now?
I'm in between SL and APL. I'm about 2 inches above APL.

Challenges: APL 2010, BSL 2010
Hair Type: 4B Natural
Join Date (12/31/09) - 2" above APL
Short Term Goal - APL by 4/31/10
Mid Term Goal - BSL by 12/31/10
Long Term Goal - MBL by 6/31/10

On Saturday I washed my hair with Hair One. Detangled in the shower with regular conditioner. Applied my DC Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. I actually used the Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise on part of my hair. Went to open the new tub and realized it wasn't the same. It was still MegaSilk though. DCed overnight. Washed it out this morning. Put a little leave-in with some coconut oil and let it air dry in my new little net hat. Will twist it tomorrow.

Which Hair one do you use? HOw is your experience so far?

Just Checking in. I've been pretty much doing buns and sticking to my reggie. I'm. Going to buy a progress t shirt today as my reward for not being a PJ! Not much else to report

I wanna join, too!!

Ok, so I'm not exactly APL yet, but I'm close, and short (5'2"), so I'm not expecting it to take too much longer. I haven't done the measurements or anything, but, looking at my siggy, bsl seems to be about 3-4" away. I'll measure with my next length check.

Reggie
(in no particular order)
Co-wash 1-2x/wk
dc 1x/wk
Ponytail set under dryer
Cucumber-Aloe Wen
HOT's with Amla, Coconut, Shikakai
Henna 1x/2 wks
Keraphix
Alter Ego Garlic DC

Of course, none of this is set in stone, except that I'll definitely be dusting a lot, probably 1x/6 wks, to get my ends right.

HHG!

Checking in! I am in a weave for three months, but I relax every four months. So I will update in April. I'm hoping that I will be APL.

Regimen:

Wash & rollerset once a week alternating roller pattern

Products your using:

Joico kpak line, Joico clinicure for chemically treated hair, Jane carter nourish and shine, castor and rosemary oil.

Starting Hair Length:

APL

Goal Month:

August 2010

Back