BSL 2010 Challenge

I want to join.

current length: shoulder length stretched

challenge goal length: bsl December 2010

I don't have an extensive reggie, but I'm in the Winter Bunning Challenge and I plan to continue bunning for most of the year. I will wash weekly and deep condition bi-weekly. In January, I'm going to start back using Megatek again. I loved the way my hair looked and felt when I using it regularly.
When I start using Megatek again, I will apply it nightly, cowash in the morning, and baggy my ends under my phony buns.

...... And hopefully this time next year I'll swinging my BSL length hair. :)

I would like to join...I'm only shoulder length right now so I know it's a stretch but it won't hurt me to try anyway. I will post my regimen and starting pic December 31, 2009 and I will give myself until December 31, 2010 to reach BSL...this should be fun :yep:

I'm Innnnnnnn

Starting Length: SL

Regimen: simple..
Wash 1-3xs a week (this includes for the summer when I increase) Moisturize and seal..
DC 1-2xs a week.. (if that..)
Tea rinse twice a month...
Protein : as needed

Styles: anything that allows me not to touch my hair...

Goal date : December 2010

products I'll be cycling thru:
CO: Aussie Moist, HE Hello Hydration, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, AO(any of em)
DC: Aussie 3 min deeep, Shescentit Banana Brulee
Detangler: Knot today (i'ma try it)
Oil: Coconut Oil and EVOO
butters/leave in: HE LTR ,Shea butter Mix, Seyani Hair Butter ,Totally twisted almond butter
Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil an Pur whipped Jelly
Throw in some MN when i'm not being lazy
Poo's : Suave Clarifying , Jasons Aloe Vera , CON
Protien: Aphogee 2 step and 2 min keratin

(I'm sure I'll add more and remove some)

I'll try to post up a pic by dec 31.

Yeah, I don't know about rules or anything but I will give it a shot.

Regimen: Wash 1x weekly/two-weeks DC with every wash. Braid/twist at east until winter is over. Baggy endswith a combo of beloew moisturizers if needed, silk scarf at night, MN that scalp!

Products your using: Soft n Free Olive and Sunflower Oil (Light moisture), Profective 60 second strengthener( extra moisture/ends),LustraSilk Shea Butter Cholestrol (with olive, almond or coconut oil)(condish) CON blue label (poo), Natural butter/oil mixes (extra protection on the ends).

Starting Hair Length: APL!

Goal Month: June

Pics for starting goal- Not such a great face pic but that hair will do. Taken In November

[/QUOTE/]

Lets Go!

Attachments

• 200214.jpg
    200214.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 34
I would like to join since I failed the MBL challenge! Baby steps first! I will be touching up at the end of this month and I should be at full APL (hopefully)! I will add more later by the end of the month.

okay, you guys. i've been getting everything 'new' i want to try out of my system before january one. this week i tried a couple of things (that didn't work lol): oil rinse, afros / wngs, hot oil treatments over afros. i already knew the afro wasn't a good idea with my hair but whatever, i just confirmed that.

something else i know now is that i will have to change my regimen from the other one i posted. washing my hair every week to two weeks is a no-go. I need to wash my hair at least every week, and i'm aiming for twice. my scalp starts itching around three days. i hate dandruff and a dirty scalp.

also, i stopped using shampoos with detergents a few months ago, but recently i've stopped using shampoo altogether, except for a clarify every month at the most (with aubrey orrganics hsr or dr bronners peppermint castille soap). so i cowash only, and twice a week. my hair has been incredibly soft and is thanking me for it. how i wish i did this sooner!

finally, the afros and wngs have to go :(. my hair's favorites are braidouts and tncs with conditioner. twists frizz and tangle before the week is over and i like wearing my hair out too much for synthetic twists. i put a lot of conditioner in my hair while i'm in the shower, and braid up. i take em down in a day or 2! (i wear wraps if it's cold outside and my hair is damp/wet).

okay, this post is long to say this:

NEW REGIMEN:

2x per week: cowash with suave naturals and leave in for braidout
every 1-2 weeks: dc, cowash, and detangle with herbal essences conditioner
henna when i get the time (usually every month)
seal with coconut oil
tame edges with shea (if desired, which isn't too often)

I'm gonna try aloe vera next as a protein. then i'm done experimenting before the year starts :rolleyes:.

I MUST GET TO BSL in 2010!!! I MUST!!!! :wallbash:

In old threads, I've read that it takes people anywhere from 4 months to a year to go from APL to BSL, depending on their individual circumstances. I'll be happy to reach BSL anytime in 2010, but I'd love to have made it by August or September 2010.

Last edited:
Regimen:
No real regimen.
I wash whenever. I used to airdry, but I have trouble with tangles so now I'm beginning to rollerset...
I'm also going to henna once a month.
Products you're using:
poo: ors creamy aloe to clarify; elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair
CW: aussie moist, abba pure moisture, giovanni sas,
DC: Mizani moisturefuse; Yes to carrots mask, ao hsr and wc
I always add coconut oil and sometimes honey

Starting Hair Length:
APL really uneven hair though...

Goal Month:
June 2010- I don't know what's going to happen with trimming though, I do need to trim at some point...I also need to see what I retain when I relax...So this month may change

Pics for starting goal:
I'll add when I relax later this month!

OMG!!!! Please add me to the list! I can't believe I finally get to be in a BSL challange! :grin:

My goal is to be AT LEAST grazing BSL by June 2010. I'll be back with my reggie and starting length pictures.

WOW!! I am soo ready for this challenge! woo hoo! add me pretty please! Im soo excited that I can finally be in a BSL challenge! Just a heads up: I WILL be claiming BSL by the end of 2010 EVEN if only a few strands are touching it!:lachen::grin: My goal date will be DECEMBER 31st 2010 11:59PM :lachen:

Heres my stats.......

Current Length: about 2-3'' from APL
4a,b Natural

Regime

1x/ mth: Clarify, DC w/ Ceramide Condish (I make)

1x/ wk: Pre-Poo, Ayurvedic Wash, Tea Rinse, DC overnight.

Every Morning: Spray Leave-In, Moisturize with creamy leave-in, Pull up off shoulders.

Every Night : Oil Scalp & Baggy overnight.

EXTRA: DC more than once/wk if I feel like it.

RULES:

• NO trims (Dust if absolutely needed) until Dec 10'
    Protective styles 90% of the time
    Dont leave hair loose for more than 1 wk at a time.
    Wrap hair & baggy EVERY night.
    Keep Nape Protected.
    Control HIH disease :rolleyes:
    Lgth check/4 mths (If i feel like it)

INTERNAL:

• CHL/day (3g)
    MSM/day (3000-4000 mg)
    @ least 50% RAW
    Exercise 3-6x/wk

YAY!! Im excited! Thx OP. Ill be back at the end of this month to post my starting PICS!

I've bunned everyday this week, I haven't co washed which is unlike me but I've been preoccupied with other stuff..

the parachute coconut oil is really helping with keeping my hair moist and I do less to it now

Okay here is my starting length!
What are you doing for growth
K.I.S.S, Protective styling(halfwigs and buns), DC 2x per week, and Hair vitamins

What are you not going to do

No blow dryer(air dry only), excessive heat(maybe flat iron 2-3x this year), Major Cutting(micro dusting on texlax days)

What length are you now?

Between SL and APL

I want Full/Thick/Blunt APL!! I'm trying to grow out these layers and my hair is so thin!!

Attachments

• IMG_5069.JPG
    IMG_5069.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
Last Saturday, I blew my hair out and flatironed it after dyeing it jet black again. I haven't washed it since then. I've been bunning all week, using lots of coconut oil and Cantu shea butter. I'm several months post relaxer and to be honest, I just don't look forward to washing and detangling. Plus...it's just so cold. Waaa..waaa..waaaaa...:ohwell:
Feel a little frustrated, I've been about an inch above APL for a while now. I got a trim in October, but it was less than an inch. It seems like my layers are growing out, but my length feels stagnant....:wallbash:

Here's my starting length (sorry about the pics. T'was the best I could do, lol). My goal is to retain 5" of growth by the end of next year. I grow about .5" a month, so that's about 6 inches in a year. I'm giving myself an inch variance for trims and any breakage I might encounter. I estimate that I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 inches away from BSL.

Attachments

• Picture0016.jpg
    Picture0016.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Last Saturday, I blew my hair out and flatironed it after dyeing it jet black again. I haven't washed it since then. I've been bunning all week, using lots of coconut oil and Cantu shea butter. I'm several months post relaxer and to be honest, I just don't look forward to washing and detangling. Plus...it's just so cold. Waaa..waaa..waaaaa...:ohwell:
Feel a little frustrated, I've been about an inch above APL for a while now. I got a trim in October, but it was less than an inch. It seems like my layers are growing out, but my length feels stagnant....:wallbash:

Wednesday I colored my hair Black with Revlon Color Silk #10, shampooed 1 time with Motions Neutralizer it softened my hair up and got all the color out, 1 time with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, 1 time with nexxus therappe, sat with aphogee 2 minute for 10 minutes capped, sat with Silk Elements Olive Oil Megasilk for 3 hours, applied Aphogee provitamin and Keratin Green tea, Added a little Argan Oil and Herstyler hair serum blow dryed and pony tailed it. This mornign I added a little oil on the loose part of my hair not taking it out of the pony, I'd like to have lots of low manipulation. :)

Checking in: i'm 2 inches away from APL, if all goes well i should be there by Feb., then on to BSL 3-4 inches away!

I think my growth has slowed :sad:...I'm 9 weeks post and I dont think I have a 1/2 inch of new growth yet...I plan on relaxing at 16 weeks if I don't start shedding too bad...I've been doing twistouts and bunning...I hope I see progress after I relax in Jan...

Here is my starting pic. I am devoting all of 2010 towards making BSB/BSL. I want to step it up a notch with my DC's (2x a week instead of just once) ..maybe I will join '10's deep conditioning challenge for motivation:

picture.php

Ok pls guys, i'm a newbie here and some of the terms is just a little comfusing for me... What is APL, BSB, BSL, MBL?

And yes please count me in on this challenge, thanks.

Ok pls guys, i'm a newbie here and some of the terms is just a little comfusing for me... What is APL, BSB, BSL, MBL?

:grin: Welcome.

apl- arm pit length
bsb- below shoulder blade
bsl - bra strap length
mbl- mid back length

Thanks, in that case then i'm just a mere shoulder length.... I've already start with the deep conditioning every week, and do we just use our own regimen??

I guess i'll be aiming towards APL/BSB then

Regimen:
Wash once a week. Rollset and wear braid outs for the rest of the week.

Products your using:
Castor oil, Softee indian Hemp hair grease.

Starting Hair Length:
APL

Goal Month:
March 2010

Pics for starting goal-
See Siggy or will update later

Last edited:
I think my growth has slowed :sad:...I'm 9 weeks post and I dont think I have a 1/2 inch of new growth yet...I plan on relaxing at 16 weeks if I don't start shedding too bad...I've been doing twistouts and bunning...I hope I see progress after I relax in Jan...

Maybe it is the change in weather, otherwise If your checking it out everyday your not really going to notice the growth, check back in a few months you'd be suprised :):drunk:

I'm in a lazy phase at the moment, its ice cold so I'm not really in a rush to co wash as much. I'm still moisturising and sealing and either making a puff or bun during the week..

Checking in - I'm co-washing every morning. Use giovanni direct leave in - kccc & seal with coconut oil. I go to work with wet hair & wear a wash n go. Once it's dry I usually put in either a ponytail with a headband, ponytail and tuck it into a bun with a good days clip or leave it loose. I'm bored to death of my hairstyles... thinking of rollersetting more often....but I workout every night and can't stand to sit under the dryer. I'm kinda lazy lately.

Welcome :hiya:. Don't feel bad. It took me forever to realize what BSB meant. I thought it meant Bra Strap Below for the longest time :lachen:.

Slowly waiting on growth. Just been trying to utilize low-manipulation styles and stay on my moisturization and weekly DC grind :grin:.

So far I'm just cowashing whenever I feel like it lol. The weather is cold here as well. I don't like to wet my hair all that often during the winter. I haven't done a dc in a while (bad, I know) so that's what I'll do when I'm back from running/walking today.

Current style? Two braids or a bun.

Back