BSL 2010 Challenge

OK, I had to come back and edit my post to add my starting picture. This was taken two days ago, Dec. 19th, and I am shooting for FULL BSL by DECEMBER 21st, 2010!!

Let the games BEGIN, ladies!!

You didn't miss your APL goal by much. You should be there soon.

This week has been good.
I got a curlformer set and I wore it for 4 days w/o combing, just fluffed daily.
I also DCed 2 times this week it was nice.
I have been moisturizing and sealing 2x/day too. IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!

I just straightened my hair today. I'm so amped; I'm definitely gonna make BSL by May. At first I was thinking I'd make it by the end of summer 2010, but I can definitely shave off a few months and set my goal for May 2010.

I'm In!!!! :wave:

Regimen: True K.I.S.S! (Low Manipulation/High Moisture)

Low Manipulation
  • Washing and DC'ing my hair every two weeks and using Seabreeze to clean my scalp in between washes when neccessary
  • Wearing loose "edge friendly" cornrows and braids under my gorgeous half wig.
  • Using heat no more than once every 4-6 weeks (cause i have to blow dry it in order to get it cornrowed)
Lots of Moisture! :lick:
  • Apply Homemade water based spritz and black castor oil every day
  • Apply MN mix and/or Sulphur 8 to my edges every other day
  • Baggying 3-5 times a week
  • Steaming (using the towel method) during every wash
Products your using:
Qhemets Line: Karakady Tea Mist, AOHC, Burdock Root, Detangling Ghee
MN mix/Sulphur 8
JBCO
Aussie Deeeeep Conditioner
Keracare Conditioner (just bought but looking forward to it)
Garlic Shampoo (just bought and can't wait to use this either)

Starting Hair Length: Not sure :look:
I was about 2.5 inches from APL back in September and I haven't had a proper blowout since then to see where I'm at. I'm guessing I'm APL or grazing it. Am on a personal no heat challenge till January 15th so I'll get pics taken at the salon on the 16th when I have my appt.

Goal Month: October 1st, 2010.
My growth rate last time I checked is exactly 0.5 inches a month so that would mean a good 5+ inches between now and then.

Pics for starting goal- :gorgeous:coming Jan 15th/16

starting pic is in siggy...
I braided my hair on Sunday, it's in individual braids. They aren't skinny and I didn't want them to be because I'm going to have to redo them myself and that's just too time consuming...
Today I co washed with VO5 champagne kiss conditioner, sealed with shea butter and massaged my scalp with Hairveda cocasta shikakai hair oil...I know it's really early but i'm so excited for next year :D

Im gonna join this challenge... Im 1.5 inch shy of apl.. and my goal is BSL by Dec 2010.. very last minute i know but its still 2010 :)

am i in this? lol. if not, now i am..i'll keep you all posted. my longest layer is just about BSB but i wear m bra low, so i still need 2 more inches lol

^I dont think it matters where you wear your bra, according to the charts, BSL is in line with your nipples so if your hair is there, you can claim it.

so far im doing good. i've been doing Super low mani, and PS 24/7. im too lazy and too cold to do anything to my hair. I'm 11wks post.

so far im doing good. i've been doing Super low mani, and PS 24/7. im too lazy and too cold to do anything to my hair. I'm 11wks post.

Your not the only one too cold and too lazy, lol add me to that list. I washed my hair today due to laziness. I am under the dryer, huh, a few more hours to go! I think I need to go back to every week, every other week isn't good for me. :nono: I have tried for 2 weeks for 4 weeks but I need to just lump it and do every week.

I can't swang it, will go back to weekly. I am going to take my pics before January 30, I want my starter pictures in, plus I haven't updated my Fotki since may of 2009. I AM LONG OVER due!!!!

Relaxer due: February 6, 2010
Wash/Condition: Once weekly Wash, Deep Condition, Protein and Moisture
Style: Low maintence at the moment rocking wigs and lace fronts - Protective styling from the harsh winter weather
Styling Products: Either Chi SIlk INfusion/Argan Moroccan Oil or Herstyler Serum

Last edited:
I've been keeping my hair in a single braid or bun out of laziness as well lol. I try to moisturize daily; yesterday I moisturized 3 times, yay! Lol. I left early in the morning yesterday (5:30am), so I felt 3 times was necessary. I'll try cowashing everyday, hopefully I don't run into too many tangles now that I'm transitioning.

^I dont think it matters where you wear your bra, according to the charts, BSL is in line with your nipples so if your hair is there, you can claim it.

My issue is what about people with droopy nipples (eh hem) I have low nipples, LOL! LOL they are huge (just my nipples) and low, my sister has HUGe BONGAS and her breast themselves are low, so what about this case, Curious?

I think the BSB is a little more defined , Breast are weird they can be lots of shapes and lengths, while shoulder blades are more you know.....:rolleyes:

^Yeah i see your point, I agree BSB is probaly the most accurate but i think if you're going to go by your bra strap, your nipples might be a better marker cause your bra strap changes with every bra and some people like you said, wear their bra strap low. BSB it is!

My issue is what about people with droopy nipples (eh hem) I have low nipples, LOL! LOL they are huge (just my nipples) and low, my sister has HUGe BONGAS and her breast themselves are low, so what about this case, Curious?

I think the BSB is a little more defined , Breast are weird they can be lots of shapes and lengths, while shoulder blades are more you know.....:rolleyes:

Why was I just thinking this LOL.
I dont have big boobs myself but I was wondering what if the person nipples were low. Im sorry but we all werent given a size A cup like that chart shows.
So basically I guess BSB is good too!

I'm gonna have to drop out. I missed my goal of APL by Dec 09 so there is no way I am making BSL in one year.

I'm gonna have to drop out. I missed my goal of APL by Dec 09 so there is no way I am making BSL in one year.

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you.:yep: I missed APL by DEC, too....but I'm still gonna shot for BSL by DEC. 2010! Don't drop out....we still have a full 365days to go. Who knows what can happen in that timeframe...

I'll be protective styling and I've added some hair growth vitamins too. We'll make it!...you'll see :clap:

I'd like to join this challenge. My regimen is simple: Once a week- wash (Sauve Humectant shampoo), deep condition with heat (Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask), detangle (Paul Mitchell The Detangler + Denman brush), and braid (two individual plaits) or banded ponytail with some oil (olive or coconut) on the ends.

My starting length:

Attachments

• cropped4.jpg
    cropped4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Regimen: My reggie is simple. I wash 2 x per week, dc at ever wash for a min of 20 mins under a hooded, moisturize 2x per day and seal. I only comb/detangle on wash days. I use protective styling daily. Protective styling range from wigs, braidouts, buns, rollersetting.

Products your using: shampoo: Proclaim Natural 7 olive oil; d/c: Vitale Hair mayo, eggs, neutral protein filler, LeKair Cholesterol, RS replenishing conditioner, honey, and henna; moisturizer: CFCG, Wave Nouveau, and I am still looking for a moisturizer for rollersetting: oils: rosemary eo, orange eo, pepperment eo, eucalyptus eo, sweet almond, jojoba, evoo, evco; vitamins: geritol, HSN, and msm:

Starting Hair Length: SL

Goal Month: December 2010

Pics for starting goal- See siggy. I have taken any pictures since Oct. but I plan on updating really soon.

Please don't drop out of the challenge. :nono: You can totally make both goals by the end of 2010, and you'll have us here supporting you every step of the way. We can totally do this thing! :yep:

I wanna join this y'all!

Last month I cut my almost MBL hair back to APL becase somehow it became so uneven on one side!!

Now that it's cut, maybe it'll look better than it did before.

Why was I just thinking this LOL.
I dont have big boobs myself but I was wondering what if the person nipples were low. Im sorry but we all werent given a size A cup like that chart shows.
So basically I guess BSB is good too!

I'm using BSB too! I just got my spread t-shirt in the mail yesterday so that should help.

Names are in my second Comment and I will also list them below: Thanks for your patience ladies and If you haven't let us know your regimens please let us know what your doing to make it to your goal. Please let us know whe you've reached your goal so we can post your achievement date next to your name, it will inspire others that we can all make it. :)

BSB/BSL Challengers of 2010 are:

*fabulosity*
*Muffin*
4everbeautifull1
aa9746
ad0rkabletash
Adaoba2012
Adventuregirl30
AGrlCanMAC
ajacks
All4Tris
Amour
Anew
Angel of the North
Angelicus
angiet1985
AnsbachFrizzpuff
Ashleescheveux
Aspire
asummertyme
AVE One
Aviah
baddison
BahamaMama
BamaBeauty1985
Barbie83
beana
beans4reezy
belle_reveuse28
bellebebe
bestblackgirl
BGT
Bign 17
BillsBackerz67
bimtheduck
Black Hoya Chick
BlackCardinal
BlackGeisha
blkgurl2008
Bluetopia
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
Brees_hair
Brickcityblues
BronxJazzy
BrooklynQueen
brownbeauty196
buddhas_mom
butterfly3582
candiel
caramelkisses1107
Carrie A
ceebee3
Chaosbutterfly
Charlie555
Charmtreese
CherryPie*
Chinwen2006
chokolate miss
Chrisanddonniesmommy
Cornell34
CurliDiva
Damaged but not out
danigurl18
DaPPeR
DarkHair
discodumpling
Diva_Esq
DivaDava
dontspeakdefeat
Duff
DVPerez14
edazzled
Ellie09
Eluv
EndLessLegs
Ensjg598
eocceas
esi.adokowa
Esq.2B
Firstborn2
fitnessmommy
flowinlocks
futurescbride
GirlTalk
glamchick84
GodsGrace
guudhair
Hair2Here
harrison
Highly Favored8 b
hillalicia
HKKelly
Honey Bee
honey4real
honeybuni84
Im-in-Love-with-Guitars
iNicola
irsgirl
IwantBSL09
Jade Feria
janeemat
JayAnn0513
Jenaccess
Jen-Lise
jerseygurl
JJamiah
JLOVELY
jovan107
joyandfaith
jujubelle
Julieangel09
kandigyrl
Kellum
Kerryann
Khaiya
KhandiB
kooskoos
krissyprissy
Kusare
kymbia
lacreolegurl
latingirly020488
Latoya28
lawyer2be371
leleepop
LeNghtyDreams
LiberianGirl
likeacharm
Lilliz6
lilsparkle825
LisaJames96
LittleMissScientist
lollyoo
loulou82
LunadeMiel
LuvLiLocks
LytBrnSuga
MagnoliaBelle
MaintaintheSexy
Malaya
Mane Event
Maracujá
Mari J
Marie_Star
Miamori
mikisha
MiMi22
Minnie
miss Congeniality
Miss Monae
Miss OhLaLa
mohair
MoniintheMiddle
moonglowdiva
moriahar
MrsIQ
Ms. Feliz
ms_b_haven06
Ms_CoCo37
msa
msquared
Mssonya
MyAngelEyez~C~U
Mz. Princess
natalie20121
naturalpride
Nayna
Nelli04
Nice Lady
NikStar
Njoy
NorthernCalGal
nymane
Oliv3
ONAMSHN
panama_princess6
paragon1day
Polished07
Poohbear
ppg0069
Prayin4fullWL2012
prettyeyez0724
Prettylonghair
prettywhitty
Priss Pot
qt_pie
Reecie
ReeN.
RENIBELL
runwaydream
seemegrow
sharifeh
sharmeans
Silver
silvergirl
simcha
simplyconfident
Sipp100
sohoapt
Soliel185
Solitude
Soulberry
soulie
SouthernStunner
Sozinzcomet
SparkleDoll
starrz329
sunbubbles
SunkistDiva
sunnieb
sweetsuccess
Tafa01
Tayflea
Taz007
TdotGirl
Thann
that_1_grrrl
The Princess
theislandoll
topnotch1010
Trendsetta25
TriniGrl
Truth
unique4lyfe33
Weezy Jefferson
whitedaisez
xquisitduchess
zulunandi

Last edited:
I chelated today w/ Quantum shampoo, followed up with Joico K-pak shampoo, and DC'd w/ Joico Hydrator. I used Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in and Proclaim Olive Oil setting lotion.

Back