BSL 2010 Challenge

I don't wash until next week. I can't wait, been just wearing a wig and having my hair up under the wig cap at nights my satin bonnet. I really want it braided just funny that everyone forgot how to braid all of a sudden, and unless I know how a stylist braids I am not up for guessing, I am anticipating and getting my shirt ready for the BIG reveal of the Starter pics, lol. I will wait for the last day so that I can get the last growth strand and ready for this Challenge. :)

Still regimen searching. I'm currently moisturizing at night w/Lacio Lacio and sealing with shea butter (my new love). Putting in 4 braids & either wearing a braid out or bun. I'm going to try a DIY Dreamhair Keratin treatment in the next week or so. So hoping this will be the answer to riding out this transition and growing to BSL. I'm going to the shop this Friday for a flat iron and that will be probably be my official starting pic.

I've been peeking in and out of this thread for a couple of days and I decided to join the challenge. I'm excited about this journey to BSL!

Regimen: I'm also in the weave it up challenge so I'll be doing that for all of 2010.
HOT and Wash every 10 - 14 days while in the weave and DC atleast once a week

Products your using: V05 moisture milks, Silicon mix, HE LTR condish and leave in, NTM silk touch, Infusium 23 leave in, ORS carrot oil, EVCO and EVOO

Starting Hair Length: Somewhere between SL and APL...next length check is the end of this month after I relax

Goal Month: Dec 2010:yep:
ETA: OP are you going to add the names of all the challenge participants in the first post?

Last edited:
I'm about to get some braids in a couple of weeks. I am 40 wks post with no plans on relaxing anytime soon, so I just can't deal with my hair right now.

I will be sure to dc once a week and moisturize daily with a braid spray. I will post an update in 6-8 wks when I take them down.

I'm in!!!

I think I have around 3.5 - 4 inches to BSL. It is a little hard to tell.

My starting picture....

APL-1.jpg

Regimen:
24/7 Bunning (Air dry method only/No heat) - Until personal challenge over in Feb 2010 - then will protective style 3 -5 days out of the week.
Wash/Co-wash (3x week)
Deep Condition (with every wash)
Prepoo overnight (before every wash)
Scalp massage every night before bed with EVOO
Moisturize and seal every morning/night...and whenever my hair feels dry

Exercise:
Cardio 5/6x a week
Weight 3x week
1400 calories per day

Vitamins (Take EVERY DAY):
Super Chlorella 3,000mg
Women's Multi-vitamin
Silica 500mg
Msm 1000mg
Omega 3-6-9 2400 mg
Biotin 1000 mcg

Goal:
3.5 inches needed for BSL (Hopefully Make Goal in June 2010

Last edited:
Hi Ladies! Just reporting in that I have made it back to BSL!...well kind of anyway.:grin: I have that little "V" thing going on. I'd like for the rest of my hair to catch up to that. My pic is in my siggy, and if you want to see some of the other pics you can check my profile "Progress Album" or you can check out my last challenge thread where I recently did my reveal (I'm on page 3):

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=427120

I am soooo loving this board and its many challenges !!!:love:

Hi Ladies! Just reporting in that I have made it back to BSL!...well kind of anyway.:grin: I have that little "V" thing going on. I'd like for the rest of my hair to catch up to that. My pic is in my siggy, and if you want to see some of the other pics you can check my profile "Progress Album" or you can check out my last challenge thread where I recently did my reveal (I'm on page 3):

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=427120

I am soooo loving this board and its many challenges !!!:love:

Congratulations on making BSL, your hair is beautiful.

Here is my starting pic. I am devoting all of 2010 towards making BSB/BSL. I want to step it up a notch with my DC's (2x a week instead of just once) ..maybe I will join '10's deep conditioning challenge for motivation:

picture.php

Great length! You seem very close to BSB :yep:.

Ladies even though we are doing this challange I am looking for a buddy to go at this with, My goal is June 2010 BSL & december 2010 MBL So if any ladies have this goal lets buddy up for inspiration. :D

Ladies even though we are doing this challange I am looking for a buddy to go at this with, My goal is June 2010 BSL & december 2010 MBL So if any ladies have this goal lets buddy up for inspiration. :D

I'll buddy up with you. I'm aiming for full BSL and I've already joined the MBL challenge.

I'll join this one..

regimen for winter-
wash/dc every 6-7 days. Wet hair daily in shower.

regimen for spring/summer.
wash every 7 days - dc every other day

Hair will be twisted or braided

Vitamins
omega 369 combo
prenatal
garlic

excercise
3xweek

Regimen:
wash and DC once a week, moisturize daily, bunning

Products your using:
WGO, mango butter, castor oil,EVOO,and everything else in my stash

Starting Hair Length:
almost full APL

Goal Month:
DEC 2010 :grin:

ETA-MY STARTING PICS!!

Attachments

• hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just reached APL, and I'm a few inches shy of BSL, so I'm aiming for BSL hopefully by summer next year.

Regimen:

Products I'm using:Sulfate free shampoo 1x a week along with a deep condition, co-wash 1-2x a week, clarify 1x a month, light protein every other week, hard protein every 6-8 weeks

Starting Hair Length:APL

Goal Month: I'm shooting for June/July 2010

Pics for starting goal-ETA: Here's my starting pic:
ibw57d.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in!

Regimen: I wash and DC once a week. I moisturize + seal once or twice a week, depending on the weather and how my hair feels. Lately I have been air drying and flat ironing my hair, but as soon as I get a new hood dryer I'm going back to my roller sets. I clarify about once a month and I do a protein treatment every 8-10 weeks.

Products your using: What don't I use?!?!?! I'm just trying to clear out my stash. Between myself, my sister, and my mom... we have a lot!

Starting Hair Length: ETA: I'm gonna go ahead and claim APL!

Goal Month: I'm shooting for August because I trim pretty often.

Attachments

• siggy.jpg
    siggy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Tonight I shampooed with Abba Moisture Scentscations. I did a Protein Reconstructor for a couple of minutes using Fantasia IC Super Reconstructor. And I followed that up with Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer. I used Mario Russo Styling Creme as a Leave-In, Proclaim Olive Oil setting lotion, rollerset, and now I'm under the dryer. We shall see. :)

hey ladies, i think i wanna join this one too, i planned to Be Apl by April 2010, but i may be ahead of schedule. and bsl sometime in 2010. i will post my starting pic after i flat iron for christmas

This will be my only challenge in 2010.

Starting pic: (October 2009) APL:

2009_10230007.jpg

Regimen
Wash as needed COWash everyother to every 3rd day, herbal rinses, shealoe moisture, oil scalp as needed. DC 2Xweek. Natural styles ie. twists, braids, knots...roller set & silk wrap for str8 styles occasionally.

Products your using:
Mostly homemade & natural oils, White Rain, Suave or V05 for co-washes (whatever is on sale!) Coconut oil, EVOO, jojoba, honey, e/o's,

Starting Hair Length:
APL

Goal Month:
Dec 2010 for sure!

I'd like to join if you lovely ladies will have...:drunk::yep:

I am currently wearing a sew-in. So my regi will/has been to takedown every 2 months, during resting period I DC and Henna. While in the install, I plan to use a mixture of MT, JBCO and Bhingraj oil 3-4 nights per week/ I wash once a week.

I will also use Hello Hydration conditioner for co-washes, and Anita Grant shampoo bars for every other shampoo. Between installs I use a sulfate-shampoo or acv rinse, henna and AO Honeysuckle rose deep conditioner. I want to add Jessicurl WDT to my dc regi.

I started MT'ing 10/2 (No, I didn't take any pictures because I figured it wouldn't work for me). I saw over 2" of growth between 10/2-12/14.

If this growth rate continues I should reach BSL by March, if it slows to my normal growth rate (1/2 inch a little more in warm weather) then I think I should make it, at the latest, by July. :rolleyes:

I'm so excited ladies! HHG!

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pics within a thread, so here's my fotki link

http://public.fotki.com/hKkATL/hair-...cs/121409.html

I'm not sure if I signed up for this challenge already, but here are my stats:

Regimen:

Plan to be Low-Man in 2010: Keep my natural hair braided up (for 4-6 wks at a time) while wearing WIGS as my protective style.

Winter (cold weather): Moisturize and Seal 1-2x dialy-- Baggie every night -- let hair Dry after Bagging--vitamin, water & scalp massage daily -- Steam every other day to combat winter dryness. Wash and deep con weekly.

Products your using:

I'm trying to USE UP my products - so the type or function is more important to me than the brand at this point:
  • Conditioners - for con washes
  • Shampoo - for clarifying
  • Deep Conditioners - for heated or stem treatments
  • Leave-ins - to moisturize
  • Oils & Butters - to Seal
Starting Hair Length:

I have not straighten my hair in years, but I "think" I'm at or very close to APL.

Goal Month:

My B-Day is in August so that would be a great, but I will instead aim for Christmas, 2010.

Pics for starting goal-

I don't have photos.

Please add me to this challenge. I joined the BSL for 2009, but don't think I will get there by Dec. 31st of this year.

Regimen
Wash and DC w/heat 2x's per week (alternating protein & moisture dc's)
Henna 2x's per month
Protective styles 100% of the time
Moisturize daily
Stretch relaxers between 13 and 17 weeks

Products your using
BT Revitalizing Hair Balm 3x/4x's per week

Starting Hair Length
Between SL and APL

Goal Month
I am on target for FULL-APL by December 2009 (NOT! - Boy did I miss this!!:wallbash:)
I would like to be BSL by June 2010 (with NO setbacks!!)(Modified to DECEMBER 21st, 2010:wallbash: )

Pics if possible
See my current siggy!! (next quarterly update: Sept. 2009)

OK, I had to come back and edit my post to add my starting picture. This was taken two days ago, Dec. 19th, and I am shooting for FULL BSL by DECEMBER 21st, 2010!!

Let the games BEGIN, ladies!!

Attachments

• 12192009.jpg
    12192009.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Please add me to the challenge.... I think I am grazing APL... not quite full APL.

My Regimen is: Co Wash 2-3X a week, Protective Styling at least 2-3 weeks out of the month, Caruso Roller sets, Flat iron once a month, Stretch relaxers,

Products Using: MBB, Nexxus Therapee & Humectress, EVOO, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Aphogee 2 min protein, ORS Deep Conditioners.

Starting hair Length: I need a better pic but I think my longest layer is APL.

Goal Month: June 10- BSL or at least between APL and BSL.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
Back