Braidouts 24/7 for Fastest Growth?

Thanks for your kind words mstasha. I was once in your shoes... I could not keep the blow dryer nor the curling iron out of my hair, in fact, i didn't want to give them up cuz i was content with the results (even though my hair looked & felt so dry).

I was able to rid the blowdryer & curling iron after realizing that i could achieve the same look / styles by doing rollersets. I was amazed at the tremendous difference in my hair... it looks so moisturized & shiney... it was full of bounce & volume, but guuuuurl, the absolute best thing was that my sets lasted an entire week
smile.gif
. I was sold then, & never went back to blowdryers nor curling irons...that was 9.5 mths ago
smile.gif

......so i totally understand
wink.gif

Well, I'm back to my "comfort zone" ....BRAID OUTS!
laugh.gif
. I took a 2wk break from the braid outs to experiment with other drying methods, such as the bantu knot & the bun. Both turned out really well, but I LOVE AIRDRYING IN A BUN
love.gif
. With this method I can achieve a nice straight look with no heat
trampoline.gif

I can definitely say that wearing braid / twist outs for 6 wks straight has allowed me to maintain length. Next I'm gonna try airdrying on "flexirods" like dstdiva. But until then, I'm back to sportin my braid / twists outs "signature look" for a moment
cool.gif

Peachtree, I wore a twist-out for three weeks straight, shampooing and re-twisting every three days or so. I finally straightened my hair yesterday with a flat iron and I could swear my hair grew at least an inch in those three weeks!

I could be exaggerating
wink.gif
but the growth is amazing. I can testify this style really does help your hair grow and maintain length.

Thank you so much for your advice. You're the best!

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree, I wore a twist-out for three weeks straight, shampooing and re-twisting every three days or so. I finally straightened my hair yesterday with a flat iron and I could swear my hair grew at least an inch in those three weeks!

I could be exaggerating
wink.gif
but the growth is amazing. I can testify this style really does help your hair grow and maintain length.

Thank you so much for your advice. You're the best!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know!!
trampoline.gif
Naw, just kiddin'
laugh.gif
. Thanks & u r very welcome
cool.gif

WOW
shocked.gif
an inch (or so) in 3 wks
shocked.gif
.... ABSOLUTELY REMARKABLE. I'm really happy for u
trampoline.gif

I enjoyed seeing my "straight" hair after air drying in buns. It was sooo nice to get a look at how much my hair has grown....cuz we both know, wearing braid or twist outs will definitely mask your true length.

But I gotta tell u, I really missed the twist out, cuz I don't have to comb it, like I was doing with the straight hair.

Robin, u gotta post a pic, ok?
poke.gif
swordfight.gif
I wanna see dat hair of yours.... I'm sure others as well
trampoline.gif

Keep that hair growing & healthy!!!
Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next I'm gonna try airdrying on "flexirods" like dstdiva.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the shoutout peachtree!
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

U know I gotta' mention my gurl when I talk 'bout "flexi's"
laugh.gif
. If I can achieve the "flexi" look that u have, then I'll be sturrrrrrrrrraaaaight!!!!!
laugh.gif
!!!

I still haven't used them yet, but when I do, I'll send u a pic of it before I post it in the album.... need ur "flexi-expertise" to check 'em out first
smile.gif
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next I'm gonna try airdrying on "flexirods" like dstdiva.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the shoutout peachtree!
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't wait to see!

i can't wait to see it!
U know I gotta' mention my gurl when I talk 'bout "flexi's"
laugh.gif
. If I can achieve the "flexi" look that u have, then I'll be sturrrrrrrrrraaaaight!!!!!
laugh.gif
!!!

I still haven't used them yet, but when I do, I'll send u a pic of it before I post it in the album.... need ur "flexi-expertise" to check 'em out first
smile.gif
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have taken the forum advice and started doing twist outs. due to my trauma from the salons, i thought it wouldn't work. But it did and i could add the moisture to my hair frequently without combing it, and simpliy by running

olive oil
Healthy ends (profectivs)
Nourish leave in conditioner (motions)

in my hair on a regular basis

when I do my braid outs i loose a lot of hair. I am using the s-curl but it gets so tangled and it also comes a loose it the middle of the twist. I love the look when I get it right but I don't like loosing all that hair!!!!! I have not used the blowdryer of my flat iorns in a month but I have been looking at them hard lately...... help and sugestions what I can try ?
also when I air dry my hair it does not come out stright what in the world am I doing wrong???????????????????

Hello to everyone on this forum...this is my first post...I just love this forum. I've been doing braidouts for about a month now.

Mstasha:

[ QUOTE ]
when I do my braid outs i loose a lot of hair. I am using the s-curl but it gets so tangled and it also comes a loose it the middle of the twist. I love the look when I get it right but I don't like loosing all that hair!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this will help but, are you using a leave-in conditioner followed by an oil to seal in the moisture after you wash your hair?

I too have been loosing alot of hair and I have found that If I spray moisture and oil in my hair in between washes it helps some. The purpose of the moisture spray is to help and make it easier for me to detangle my hair with my finger first(and then sometimes) followed by a wide tooth comb when I rebraid my hair.

I am also planning to try condition washes every 2-3 days with LeKair Cholesterol Plus Aloe Formula (green jar). I used it last night after my poo and it was wonderful. All the tangles seemed to just drop out.

If all else fails, Aphogee (stinky one)here I come.

My hair stylist uses setting lotion and mousse for my corn rows. She also set me under the dryer for twenty with rod rollers on the end of my cornrows. My braid set came out really pretty and had a nice shine to it.

I have been usng a leave in but my hair gets so tangled while twisting it up. I have also noticed that the s curl gets a bit frizzie in the heat here in houston, I may need to use something else hu? what I don't know!? I got some of that black and sassy wrap lotion and its to thick. I think I'm going to try wrap and tap it use to be a favorite when I was blowdrying and flat iorning. where is my inch of new growth??????????? its taking too long to see results i'm due my next 7 week relaxer in 2 weeks and it does not seem like my hair is growing at all to me.

i've been doing braidouts religiously for the pst 2mons. it took awhile to perfect my technique, if you can call it that *L*, but now i like the way it comes out. i'm now in my 7th mon of my relaxer and braidouts are my saving grace. long live the braidout!!!

does anyone use the bonnet dryer for their braid/twist outs? Everytime I do them and let them airdry, i guess my cuticles are just outta control and they refuse to lay down, making my hair really dry...

[ QUOTE ]
I have been usng a leave in but my hair gets so tangled while twisting it up. I have also noticed that the s curl gets a bit frizzie in the heat here in houston, I may need to use something else hu? what I don't know!? I got some of that black and sassy wrap lotion and its to thick. I think I'm going to try wrap and tap it use to be a favorite when I was blowdrying and flat iorning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am presently experimenting with the twistout (the twist version of cornrolls)and my hair tangled too. I'm gonna try this a few more time and if it doesn't work for me I'm going back to braidouts.

Fyi my best braidout was when I used a setting/wrap(?) lotion(Vitale) and Seb. Wet. all after apply Giovonni's Direct leave-in and a oil spray first. Hair was also shampoo before this process.

If you have the time, let me know how your wrapping lotion turns out.

Newbie in the mix.

Peace

Yes ladies, the braidouts are working
smile.gif
. When I first started in May, when I did a braidout, my hair had major shrinkage (didn't even grace the nape of my neck). Now the hair hangs down (moves a little
grin.gif
), and almost touches my shoulders. Can't wait until August. Guess, I must be doing somethin right!

Cheers,
Chichi
bdance.gif

I did a twistout on Thursday night. I followed Peachtree's directions to the letter by putting two twistouts on each side and one down the middle. I conditioner washed with V05 Pina Colada (smells great) and Patene intensive moisturizing condition. After that I put S Curl, Goya Olive Oil, Moisture Max Moisturing Lotion, Profectiv Leave-in Strengthner and Profective Ends Strenghtner and more water. I then put olive oil on the ends and wrapped them with end paper. I rolled the ends with small magnetic rollers. I did all of this around 11:30pm at night. My hair was 80% dry by 8am the next morning. When I took the twists out, they came out BEAUTIFULLY! I love the look!!!!

Thanks for all of the informative information that is posted here....I love it!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I dug up this thread to see how everyone's going with their braidouts...

Lavette, that's wonderful news girlie.

Braid & twist outs have definitely helped me to retain length. My new growth is so massive now, until I've been relunctant to cornrow it or put in in flat twists... so now I just single braid or single twist it to get the look. Lately I've been air drying in buns cuz they are soooo quick & convenient.

i'm finally loving my braidouts. that's all i've been doing for the last 2-3 mons.; but i know that sometime soon i'll have to get a relaxer. it's been 8 mons. and counting; i'm trying to hold out til it cools off, which will probably be september. the thing is i like the look so much, i never want to get a relaxer...

btw: peachtree, i bought some motions nourish leavein per your suggestion, and at first i liked it; but after a while i noticed my hair started feeling hard. is it possible in some cases that some hair can't take protein? what do you think?

I did my very first twist-out last night. That in part to this thread. I did six 2 strand twists going straight back and put some magnetic rollers on the ends. I will be taking them out very soon. I will let you guys know how it turns out. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Well I took my twists out and I must say that for this being my first time my hair turned out great. There is still room for improvement of course but I am very satisfied. Thanks everyone!!! This is day number two and it still looks good.

Twist and braid outs are definately the way to go, ive also been twisting and re twisting after washing my hair on the thrid day that my hair in 3 weeks has grown an inch. Im sorry but i only found this out after i pressed my hair, and i wasnt meant to do that until october.

Now im so much more confident about my hair, and now know that yes my hair does grow.

Hi
wave.gif

Are you guys still doing the braid out challenge? I love braid out styles and I have been doing it for the last 3 months and I grew about an inch each month. If you ladies are just about done with your challenge..is there anyone out there who wants to start another one.

Hello Every1. This braidout stuff is off the hook. I was late to the party, but still getting my chance 2 dance. Thank You very much PreachTree.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you ladies are just about done with your challenge..is there anyone out there who wants to start another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still on the challenge but will stop end of August/early September. I have gained 2+ inches since joining this board. I am very happy! The braidouts leave my hair moisturized and bouncy but they don't show my true length (I only see how much my hair has grown while washing it
bath2.gif
). I am sooo ready for that retouch!
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

I'm still wearing twistout. I thought I needed my hair straighten before getting my touch up so I used a ceramic flat iron. This time the stylist (new one) didn't pop my strands as she seperated my hair to apply the relaxer
smile.gif
. One thing I notice is that my hair was tanglely when she combed my hair before doing a "Twistset". Does over lapping the relaxer cause the hair to tangle?
confused.gif

Back