Boo-Less Valentines Day

yuhlovevybz

Title says it all. What do you ladies do when single or without a date on V-day? Everyone elses oh-so awesome plans make me feel all :perplexed. And I'm def not gonna let one of my creepy coworkers take me on a date. :barf:

my girlfriends and I swap gifts or go to brunch together. Or sometimes I treat my mom or Nana and I always treat myself. A good pedicure makes me feel fabulous!

Last edited:
I've been single every V-Day of my life so I don't even know what it feels like to celebrate with a SO. Last year my company treated all the ladies to the spa for the day so that was just lovely. One year I also did a gift exchange with my friends. This year, I don't plan to do anything.

I don't think I've ever done anything. My dad used to give me flowers when I was younger. Ugh, hope I don't work that day.

I've actually never had a valentine either! No idea why I thought it'd be different this year. Dad always gets me chocolate, flowers or a teddy, I appreciate the thought but it makes me feel some kinda way. Now that I know we won't have a long winter, a shopping spree or pedi sounds like the right thing to do!

I have an SO, but I have no desire to celebrate Valentines day. I'll tell him happy Valentines day, like I told him happy groundhog day today lol

I have never had someone to spend Valentine's with either. Thought I might this year, but...things aren't going too well with my "new" friend. I don't expect he'll do anything for me. I usually just treat it like it is just another day. Guess it'll be the same this year too. Ah well...

for the first time ever im in a serious relationship on vday but we are hundreds of miles apart so i might as well be single. i dont really care all that much to be honest though.

I've always been boo-less on Valentine's day..it's not a very good day for me. I get really upset and anxious thinking about it actually. Men are out there showing appreciation to the women that they love and I gotta sit around twiddling my fingers...it's bs.

I usually try to stay away from people, curl up with my big arse teddy bear, whatever junk-food I'm craving and SATC. If my friends are single at the time, we'll either have a girl's night at someone's house or go get drunk at a single's night somewhere.

Last edited:
My dad usually gets me chocolate and a card. Last year my mom took me to dinner and seeing all the couples there was a bit too much. Not this year.:nono:

Get me some sparkling wine for the 14th and wait for Feb 15 to purchase some cheap candy.

Last year I picked up Chinese food on the way home.

Last edited:
I'm probably doing the Ritz Carlton again this year. I'm single now but we usually all go anyway. They have jazz, chocolates, and wine. It's lots of fun. I treat myself everyday anyway so single ladies be good to yourself that day. God has someone special for all of us but you have to be ready to receive him and be 100% emotionally available and trust that God will bring that special person in your life where everyday that person will show and tell you that your are special.

Last edited:
I'll be on a cruise during Valentines day... Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Haiti... With my aunt and friends! I can't wait! Definitely don't need a man in order to enjoy my life #teamsingleladies!

Valentine's Day will be just another normal day. Things may change between now and then but if they don't I'm cool. It is never a depressing day.

I'll probably go to Sephora and treat myself to a sexy new fragrance, then soak in the tub and sip some bubbly. Guess I gotta be my own boo this year.

My daughter's father will be in town on that day--we may do something even though we are not really boos. We got each other stuff last year.

I usually am my own Valentine. I decided not to be that girl this year so I put some heart garland around my desk.

I will probably buy (waiting for a coupon): blush too palette from coastal scents. I LOVE that PURPLE color!

Like the last 2 Vdays, will be spending it with my little girl at her favorite restaurant. Will do that again then add something fun for mom like a massage

Usually I dont do anything besides sit in the house and sulk smh but not this year! I will go do some shopping, mani/pedi, buy my own gotdamn roses lol, and I'm going to make myself some bath melts, bath bombs, buy my first bottle of wine (any suggestions? Lol), candles, turn up some sade' and Maxwell, take a bath and relax. Treat yourselves ladies!!

Last edited:
I've only ever done something once for Valentine's Day. I went out on a blind date with a guy who I thought was cool....we kept each other laughing and I thought he was having a good time...even found out he was also from ATL (I'm in Korea now). He was LATE for our date....I think I was waiting for like 20-30 mins? And I had gotten there early. At the mixer that was thrown by the blind date event organizers nearby the restaurant, we spoke a little bit, but he seemed to be into other people....next thing I know, he actually LEFT the event without even saying goodbye. The event pics were posted and we were tagged....he didn't seem interested in contacting me so I was like whatever. The one time I went out and it was a bust.....every other memory of Valentine's Day is also less than fond: as a kid, getting "skipped" when classmates were handing out VDay cards. I always made it a point to give a card to everyone, even if I didn't like you at all. lol. As an adult, I went to the bar and drank martinis alone til I got drunk. Good times. This year, I might do a "love connection" game if the organizer still needs females (waiting to hear back) but I don't think it will happen...which is fine because I'm embarrassing by the whole thing. I'm kinda pissy and bitter about VDay. Oh well.

Its just another day really for me. I've been boo-less for so long that I don't make much of a big deal of it. If I want something I just go out and buy it for myself including any candy or flowers.

This is the first v-day I've been single since 2007 - so I'm not really sure what to do! I'm sure I'll romance myself though LOL my fav dinner, good wine and a candle lit bubble bath. :)

I was booless every valentines day for 21 years before I met my guy....
Its still just another day to me though.
Work. School. Home.
Nothing special.

A few girlfriends and I are getting dressed up and going to a nice hotel/resort for Single Ladies Date Night. I'm verrrry excited because normally I just spend it by myself doing nothing.

Back