Boo-Less Valentine's Day.

ThickHair

What are your plans? I posted in another thread that I have candy, sparkling wine and other things, plus I am going to Zumba.

I did the threads on boo-less Christmas and New Year's.

Again this is not an "oh woe is me, I am sooooooo single" thread. So post all your happiness ladies.

Work in the lab. May ask a girlfriend if she want to get her nails done and go out to eat. I always feel relax after I get my feet done. I refuse to do that woe is me!

Dag I didnt even know when it was. Um nothing special, work on my French, watch some tv, pretend to clean something...the usual

I've been single every Valentine's day of my adult life :look: so this is just another day for me. And my company gave me the day off, when I first noticed I was like is this a joke?? :lol:

I'll be working in Annapolis (all day and probably at least till 6 or 7) listening to dumb hearings and taking notes. Then when I get back I will have to do all the work I couldn't do cause I was in Annapolis! LOL!!!!

Eat a box of ferrero rocher by myself and watch Rupaul on my DVR from the night before. Tiss all!
One day I eyed the big box of Ferrero Rocher's, I think 12 were in there. I told myself "Oh Heck No", all 12 would be gone in the blink of an eye.

I might hit up the mall this weekend and get the small 4 piece Godiva dark chocolate or 4 piece truffles. My ex-husband use to bring me a 3 pack every Thursday. Mmmmm
Workout it's another day
Yes, working out is a part of my day, just like brushing my teeth.
Work in the lab. May ask a girlfriend if she want to get her nails done and go out to eat. I always feel relax after I get my feet done. I refuse to do that woe is me!
I think I will get my toes done Saturday after the gym. I got a 3 day trial pass for LA Fitness.
Dag I didnt even know when it was. Um nothing special, work on my French, watch some tv, pretend to clean something...the usual
Ain't mad at cha at all, but get something fizzy to drink while working on your French, watching TV and pretending to clean. LOL
Nothing unusual...work, maybe treat myself to takeout, watch tv..
Cool
I've been single every Valentine's day of my adult life :look: so this is just another day for me. And my company gave me the day off, when I first noticed I was like is this a joke?? :lol:
Maybe too many people took off and giving it as a day off was actually cost prevention. I wish the gov't woud do this, then the following Monday is President's day.
Just another day. I *might* treat myself to some Lindor but that's it.
Lindor's are nice, get something fizzy also.
I'll be working in Annapolis (all day and probably at least till 6 or 7) listening to dumb hearings and taking notes. Then when I get back I will have to do all the work I couldn't do cause I was in Annapolis! LOL!!!!
Have a little fun.

Last edited:
This weekend I am getting a pedi and watching movies, eating and drinking. I don't plan on leaving the house because I just want to relax. For the actual day of valentines I will be in mother mode but coming into work will be hard I won't lie. Folks will be getting all kinds of flowers and bears etc. I likely will get myself some flowers too.

This weekend I am getting a pedi and watching movies, eating and drinking. I don't plan on leaving the house because I just want to relax. For the actual day of valentines I will be in mother mode but coming into work will be hard I won't lie. Folks will be getting all kinds of flowers and bears etc. I likely will get myself some flowers too.
I usually take off Valentine's day when even when I have boo. It kind of snuck up on me this year. I don't know why, since it is February 14th every year. Silly me.

I've also been single every valentines day. It's only the past couple of years I've started doing things for my self.
This year, I'll probably get my self some wine and some chocolate and hope there is a good movie on the tele.

On the day of? None as of right now. I'm going to an NBA game 2 days prior and then that wknd I have to travel to a leadership conference. I'm really excited about the conference... my school is paying for me to go, and it looks like it'll be a really fun time. All the social events are open bar so I'm gonna be drunk off my azzzzzzz :lol:

Plus I have a lot of good friends in that city so I'm gonna party hearty :lol:

I made reservations to dinner, but I don't know if I want to be around all the couples. If not, I will pack a picnic dinner and eat in my fav park.

Well I have class on Tuesdays so part of the day I will be in school. But I want to see "The Vow" so I may get with a girlfriend to see that this weekend and the day before *coughs* National Single's Day, I mean Valentine's Day, I'm going with my dad to see my favorite basketball team!:grin::grin:

I got my self some champagne truffles
I hope I don't eat them before the day.
I could just eat them now and then replace them but then it won't be special :look:

Ugh, this!! My son's class is having a Valentine's Day Breakfast :hug2: but I will be heading to work after and have to deal with all the foolishness(sorry, bitter me coming out lol). One year my mom sent me flowers which made matters worse. I know it was a thoughtful gesture but it kinda made me feel even more pathetic, especially having to tell people they were from my mom. :lol:

Trying to see if I want to do something or buy myself something. Honestly I don't want to spend the money now on something frivolous. What's wrong with me!?!?!? Maybe I will buy something small but honestly there isn't one thing I want right this second. Sigh. Even I can't please myself on valentines day :lol:

I bought a bottle of sparkling cider to enjoy solo for v-day. Maybe I'll take a trip to the mall and get myself something :yep:

Back