BKT on 4B kinks (pics inside)

I did it again a few months ago. For me, I have MAD tangles and BKT really helped with that issue. However, it just didn't stay in my hair for very long. I got a good 2 weeks out of it and then my hair would revert back to its normal, tangled self---no matter what products I put in my hair. It may be that my hair is too porous or I needed a stronger solution with formaldehyde...My brand was just something I got off of ebay but the more expensive Softliss (I think) brand is supposed to be good stuff. Good luck with your sister!

Thanks for the update!! I was looking into the Softliss brand, lots of raves on it on here. I think we might try a natural method, sour cream and lime, first and see if that makes it any easier to go through her hair. If that doesn't work I'll suggest the BKT.

Subscribing.....

BTW any further update? I am 4B and REALLY considering this as an option....

Sorry, no updates. I'm not sure if I will do it again---it just didn't last that long for all the effort. However, I have VERY resistant hair. When I was relaxed, I would sweat my relaxers out in 24 hours. Seriously. My hair just does not want to be straight. Now a stronger formaldehyde version may have worked better but I'm not interested enough to go that route.

Good luck on your hair journey!

Back