BKT on 4B kinks (pics inside)

your hair looks great how long did the whole process take?

Forever! I think it only took 45 minutes to put it on and then I put on a plastic cap for about 15 minutes. The blow dry took a good 30 minutes. The flat ironing took about 3 hours. You are supposed to take small sections and that just took an extreme amount of time with all of my hair. I also had to stop/start a few times because I have kids.

Question.. what does your wet hair look like now.......

There was no significant difference! I couldn't believe it. I was expecting much looser texture but no. My napps said, "Chile, you need to come harder than this :nono:! I am definitely still natural.

It was much easier to detangle which is all I wanted so it was successful for me. I might re-do it in a month or so...

Newbie here saying-

Thanks for sharing!!!

I wanted to see more examples of how this worked on 4b hair. You have BEAUTIFUL hair and children.

Reading back through the thread Berry is right, my 4a hair is in the back and that hair is silk, it doesn't just feel like silk. The top 4b hair in the top and front, not quite there yet. That's the hair that will benefit from a second treatment.

All I could say is Wow!!!...chile, you go big hair!!! (as my grandmother would say) and it looks so amazing and very lovely. Well done on your BKT!

It turned out GREAT! Why didn't I see this thread before? Anywho, easier detangling alone is worth redoing. :yep:

BerryB~ Any updates? how's your hair? are u gonna bkt again?

Hey Bronze,
Yes, I re-did it about 2 weeks ago. My texture was different when I washed it out this time---a bit looser. I was even going to try a wash and go but I don't think I'm quite there yet...
I used less product this time and it came out much sleeker. Anyway, I've got pics for you guys!

pics030.jpg
pics032.jpg

No flash

pics043.jpg

pics057.jpg

Gotta have the BKT swang pics
pics071.jpg

pics072.jpg

Went out in the rain and my hair stayed straight!
pics064.jpg

Since Cubanit's horror thread, I've been paying closer attention to my ends. Detangling is still going well but I don't think my BKT is lasting as long as some of the others. After a couple of weeks, I notice a difference. I'm trying not to wash my hair as much this go around.

Hey Bronze,
Yes, I re-did it about 2 weeks ago. My texture was different when I washed it out this time---a bit looser. I was even going to try a wash and go but I don't think I'm quite there yet...
I used less product this time and it came out much sleeker. Anyway, I've got pics for you guys!

pics030.jpg
pics032.jpg

No flash

pics043.jpg

pics057.jpg

Gotta have the BKT swang pics
pics071.jpg

pics072.jpg

Went out in the rain and my hair stayed straight!
pics064.jpg

Since Cubanit's horror thread, I've been paying closer attention to my ends. Detangling is still going well but I don't think my BKT is lasting as long as some of the others. After a couple of weeks, I notice a difference. I'm trying not to wash my hair as much this go around.

Wow. Your hair is just GORGEOUS. BEYOND GORGEOUS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The fullness:lick: It's so tossled and sexy. Work it girl! I want luscious hair! I'm tired of these braids already.:drunk:

Wow!! That came out really nice. The pics make it look shiny to me so I don't know what you are talking about. The curls in your avatar are cute.

bumping for updates... did you do the treatment again?

my sister in is a SL 4b and she wants to relax...I'm looking into BKT as an alternative.

bumping for updates... did you do the treatment again?

my sister in is a SL 4b and she wants to relax...I'm looking into BKT as an alternative.

I did it again a few months ago. For me, I have MAD tangles and BKT really helped with that issue. However, it just didn't stay in my hair for very long. I got a good 2 weeks out of it and then my hair would revert back to its normal, tangled self---no matter what products I put in my hair. It may be that my hair is too porous or I needed a stronger solution with formaldehyde...My brand was just something I got off of ebay but the more expensive Softliss (I think) brand is supposed to be good stuff. Good luck with your sister!

I have a silly question--is the BKT a chemical?

If you are asking if it is a relaxer, it is not. It does have chemicals in it but it won't permanently straighten your hair. Brazilian Keratin Treatments (BKT) just temporarily straighten with heat. Unlike a relaxer, you can't put a BKT solution on your hair, rinse it out and have straight hair. You must go through the final step of blow drying and flat ironing your hair on a high temp to get straight results. For me, it was like putting on a stronger solution of Sabino Moisture Block on my head---Sabino and BKT require the heat in order to work. It washes out after a couple of shampoos---even faster if you use poos or conditioners with salt in them.

There is a lot of debate if you are natural if you use a BKT becuz your texture is loosened temporarily. However, my texture didn't change enough for my husband to notice and it was as kinky or nappy as ever once it was rinsed out. Full reversion.

I think you have fantastic hair and you did really well doing it yourself, you will only get better and better, I take my hat off to you!!! You also have a cute kiddie!

Thanks for the pics and details...I just a BKT off e-bay myself but I won't be using it for several months...Your hair is so thick and lush!

Back