Big Chop - No Transition - Not For the Faint of Heart (Pics)

shinyblackhair

So I got to playing in my new growth, yadda yadda, started cutting. (I have random sections throughout my hair where I snip off relaxed ends and examine my new growth, lol). This time I just kept going. Next thing I knew my husband had his clippers out and was helping me. It's really low, but hey it's only hair right?

You can be honest and tell me what you think. I already know that short hair brings out the fact that I've gained, weight, lol. Oh well, at least now I can work out in peace and not worry about the jungly mess fighting with straight ends. Well, I'm heading off to the BSS to see what I can buy for my hair, any suggestions?

Oh, what I think: I like it, it's really thick in the crown area (the source of my frustration with "stretching" relaxers) I like it...I doubt I'll ever go back to being relaxed. I know I'm gonna have a LOT of explaining to friends and family. And my 3 daughters when they come home from school, lol.

Attachments

• Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 001.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 382
  • Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 002.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 002.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 004.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 392
What do you mean, not for the faint of heart? Girl, you are so cute & that short cut looks fabulous on you. Congratulations!

So I got to playing in my new growth, yadda yadda, started cutting. (I have random sections throughout my hair where I snip off relaxed ends and examine my new growth, lol). This time I just kept going. Next thing I knew my husband had his clippers out and was helping me. It's really low, but hey it's only hair right?

You can be honest and tell me what you think. I already know that short hair brings out the fact that I've gained, weight, lol. Oh well, at least now I can work out in peace and not worry about the jungly mess fighting with straight ends. Well, I'm heading off to the BSS to see what I can buy for my hair, any suggestions?

Oh, what I think: I like it, it's really thick in the crown area (the source of my frustration with "stretching" relaxers) I like it...I doubt I'll ever go back to being relaxed. I know I'm gonna have a LOT of explaining to friends and family. And my 3 daughters when they come home from school, lol.

You look gorgeous! The BC is really flattering on you. You won't need much to maintain it at this length. Just make sure you keep it moisturized. Congrats!

Your hair looks great! Did you get that necklace from Walmart?!? I bought one from there that looks like that one. Its so cute!

Your face is beautiful! You could be completely bald and still be fierce! It's easy to hide behind hair but with a beautiful face it's a 1-2 punch!

You look beautiful - the hair cut fits your head.

You sure are brave to cut your own hair - If it were me I'd have patches everywhere :crazy:

You look great. Let us know what your girls think.

Thanks, and I will!

You look beautiful. How many weeks post relaxer were you?
Thanks, I was about 7 weeks? September was the last touch up.

It really suits you! your twa looks so shiny and healthy in that last pic :) you remind me abit of solange too
Thanks! Solange it so cute!

You look gorgeous! The BC is really flattering on you. You won't need much to maintain it at this length. Just make sure you keep it moisturized. Congrats!
Thank you, yes I will def keep it moisturized...probably will get a spray leave in. All I have in it now is the last remaining dregs of Motions Nourish leave in and coconut oil, and a smidge of IC Fantasia gel.

Your hair looks great! Did you get that necklace from Walmart?!? I bought one from there that looks like that one. Its so cute!
Thanks, no I got it at a store called "Suzy Shier"

Your face is beautiful! You could be completely bald and still be fierce! It's easy to hide behind hair but with a beautiful face it's a 1-2 punch!
OMG!! THANK YOU!! That is seriously too kind! wow...

Back