Big Bodacious Hair Pics

Don Letts...one of the most important people on the music scene, IMHO.

Don around 1976 or so
DonLetts.jpg

41KS3MAT59L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
lettsarri.jpg

dl.jpg

letts_7.jpg

More Recently :grin: his hair is PAST CALF LENGTH
don.jpg

letts_1.jpg

8343d6725bc4c94c

b91966111bdad5d8

a787730399390e38

7c5ae5c9ab8f1e4c

f9c4f97ad3e29988

0108ce938ef74d38

images

images
w/ the Marley brothers
images

About 2 months ago
ImageResize.ashx

Last edited:
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! The pics are gorgeous! I must admit that natural hair has a healthiness about it to be desired by relaxed hair. Jill Scott is absolutely beautiful.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! The pics are gorgeous! I must admit that natural hair has a healthiness about it to be desired by relaxed hair. Jill Scott is absolutely beautiful.

I was actually hoping to see more pics of thick big straight hair too.
Ok a few names just popped into my head and now I'm off to search.

Don Letts...one of the most important people on the music scene, IMHO.

b91966111bdad5d8

a787730399390e38

7c5ae5c9ab8f1e4c

f9c4f97ad3e29988

0108ce938ef74d38

images

images
w/ the Marley brothers

I must say Jamarra that the Marley men do have a presence about them. Long locks seem to bee a trademark for their family. And what's going on in this pic? :lachen:Is dude fighting for his life or something?

lettsarri.jpg

Last edited:
Some recent Miss Jamaica contestants (no, I'm not Jamaican :grin:)

Jade Melissa Fulford
Jade.jpg

Rashima Hemmings
pict3bg.jpg

Rosina Casserly
RosinaCasserly-1.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

Cindy Wright
000000119649-cindy_wright-fullsize.jpg

I must say Jamarra that the Marley men do have a presence about them. Long locks seem to bee a trademark for their family. And what's going on in this pic? :lachen:Is dude fighting for his life or something?

lettsarri.jpg

That's no a Marley, that's Don Letts. He's playing about w/ Ariana Foster (aka Ari Up). He managed her group The Slits back in the 70s. Her dreds are maybe longer than his, but she's White so I didn't post her on this thread for obvious reasons!

The Marley men are hotness but how could they not be w/ who their daddy was? There's something for every taste w/ those brothers! :lick:

The story in the link makes me tear up ! Beautiful ! I think we need a 2010 challange for all the naturals, and at the end of it (like to ring in the New Year for 2011) we all rock BIG BIG FRO's and take pics and do EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF THREAD!! (with regimens attached of course! :grin:)

:yep::yep:

That is a great idea....

Originally Posted by Bri505
The story in the link makes me tear up ! Beautiful ! I think we need a 2010 challange for all the naturals, and at the end of it (like to ring in the New Year for 2011) we all rock BIG BIG FRO's and take pics and do EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF THREAD!! (with regimens attached of course! :grin:)

I agree Big and Bodacious in 2010 :yep:

Curly I was thinking of doing the Other Vanessa Williams too. Great dreads.
Who's gonna start 1st on Peri Reid/Pebbles and Vesta Williams? :grin:

Jeffery Daniel..the BAA years (check Jody and Howard too. Jody always had great hair) He kept his fro longer than most into the 80s

B0001XALYG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

shalamar.jpg

shalamar-large.jpg

5550jeffreyDaniel.jpg

The wedge era...New Wave/New Romanctics. Black Flock of Seagulls? ;)
celeb-Jeffrey-Dainel-Soul-Train-taught-Micheal-Jackson.jpg

shalamar.jpg

342849456.gif

Now...long braids...his hair is much longer than these pics now, but they're the most recent ones I could find

JDJapaneseshoot300x450.jpg
JDMasterclass400.gif

Last edited:
6f79d7d9-e682-8587-4738-447f63cfe737-news_fb_Madam_CJ_Walker.bmp

There was someone here who use to post pictures of this era with black women showing their long natural hair. I am researching.

Back