Best Speedy Hair Growers...

What gave product gave you the fastest growth?

• Mane-Tail Groom (MTG)

Votes: 253 29.3%
  • Sulfur 8

Votes: 59 6.8%
  • Glover's Mane/Glover's Ointment

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • Wild Growth Hair Oil

Votes: 113 13.1%
  • Combination of the Above/Other Products

Votes: 139 16.1%
  • Other: Homeade Concoctions

Votes: 288 33.4%

• Total voters
My picks would be MTG and WGO.. These products are working wonders for me.. I had my braids in for 1.5 weeks and I already have new growth.

carletta said:
I use mtg alone and mtg mixed with surge. I use my surge mix when I have to go out so the smell won't be so loud :ohwell: !

Hi, which surge product do you use to mix MTG with?:look:

Has anyone ever mixed MTG with Oyin Handmade Whipped pudding together to get rid of the smell of MTG? After smelling the Whipped pudding...I think it would definately overpower the smell of MTG, and if it does, I might consider getting me some MTG.....;)

Nice & Wavy said:
Has anyone ever mixed MTG with Oyin Handmade Whipped pudding together to get rid of the smell of MTG? After smelling the Whipped pudding...I think it would definately overpower the smell of MTG, and if it does, I might consider getting me some MTG.....;)

bumping......bump

FYI..mtg is basically sulfur, same stuff msm is comprised of..(I belive like 99%)..which is definitely safe for humans...Mtg is just a particular brand geared for horse grooming, that's all..I know this but have yet to jump on the bandwagon LOL..I'm trying to stop buying products I have to order online, don't have enough patience

Hello Every1, I am a newbie and am tryin to re-grow my hair. After much reading of all the pros and cons I purchased a small bottle of MTG and Carol's Daughter to mix together. Here's my issue-How do I use this stuff? How many parts MTG to the CD?? How many times per day/week etc??? Directly on the scalp, the hair itself?? I get doobies every week how would I incorporate this hair care regiment with that routine?? Do I sit under a dryer-sleep with it in my hair:( ..Please help :confused: I am completely clueless as you all can see...Any assistance would be much appreciated:) ..Happy New Years and God Bless...Thanks In Advance..

cjayda1 said:
Hello Every1, I am a newbie and am tryin to re-grow my hair. After much reading of all the pros and cons I purchased a small bottle of MTG and Carol's Daughter to mix together. Here's my issue-How do I use this stuff? How many parts MTG to the CD?? How many times per day/week etc??? Directly on the scalp, the hair itself?? I get doobies every week how would I incorporate this hair care regiment with that routine?? Do I sit under a dryer-sleep with it in my hair:( ..Please help :confused: I am completely clueless as you all can see...Any assistance would be much appreciated:) ..Happy New Years and God Bless...Thanks In Advance..

I am not 100% sure of the proportions... but I would say definitely more of the MTG - perhaps 3 parts MTG 1 pt CD. but whatever you do, make sure you shake up all the sulphur granules before you mix it, or else you will defeat the purpose of using MTG. and when you use it make sure you mix or shake often during the application because the granules settle. You keep MTG on your scalp. Apply about 2-4 times a week.

Mizani_Mrs said:
Yall wanna know the fastest hair grower by far ever invented!!!! I mean you will need this and LOTS AND LOTS OF IT...if you want to grow your hair. It is....

PATIENCE!!!! :)lol: )
And now I have that song from Dreamgirls stuck in my head. They play it again at the end of the movie while the creadits are rolling, and it always gets stuck in my head.

keluric said:
CD Hair Balm definitely overcomes the smell of MTG.. not sure about the Oyin.

I really like the way the Hair Balm smell. It's diffrent but good at the same time.

Hey I actually called the manufacturer for mtg (Shapely's) and spoke to someone in person. They said it contained sulfer,zinc, glycerin, rectified cade oil, and petroleum. They also said that they are getting ready to market it for human use since they have been having so much success with people using it to grow their hair. If you want to call them yourself and speak to someone the number is 1.800.982.2017.
Hope that helps. Happy hair growing :)

URGH!!! You guys are making me want MTG..I'm about to get box braids this weekend and keep it braided for a couple of months to get me to APL and this is just so hard to resist.. :wallbash:

Hey I actually called the manufacturer for mtg (Shapely's) and spoke to someone in person. They said it contained sulfer,zinc, glycerin, rectified cade oil, and petroleum. They also said that they are getting ready to market it for human use since they have been having so much success with people using it to grow their hair. If you want to call them yourself and speak to someone the number is 1.800.982.2017.
Hope that helps. Happy hair growing
Thanks Apple Bottom

Well looks like I can make my own MTG... sounds like the sulfur...more or or less

PaulaDiddy said:
Thanks Apple Bottom

Well looks like I can make my own MTG... sounds like the sulfur...more or or less

You CAN!! There's a post somewhere around here with Den1's "odorless MTG" recipe.

I've been trying to find it forever. I don't remember exactly what was in it but, I'm pretty sure it was:
EVOO, coconut oil, castor oil & sulphur (don't know the measurements :(). Can anyone else find it?

caramel apple bottom said:
Hope that helps. Happy hair growing :)

if you google search 'shapely's mtg,' you can find a number of sites that sell the big bottle for way less...also, it's been discussed ad nauseum on this site that we DO NOT call shapely's and give testimonials or ask if it's ok to use on human hair cuz A) shapely's is gonna jack up the prices again and B) that probably will trickle down to the other retailers! so yes, let's be happy/excited/thrilled that it's safe for human use and that they're developing a human version of it, but please resist the urge to call :) instead, do an mtg search on here, and i promise any and all of ur questions will be answered that way!

missnappylady said:
You CAN!! There's a post somewhere around here with Den1's "odorless MTG" recipe.

I've been trying to find it forever. I don't remember exactly what was in it but, I'm pretty sure it was:
EVOO, coconut oil, castor oil & sulphur (don't know the measurements :(). Can anyone else find it?

Den1's Recipe

den1 said:
I use my Sulfur oil concotion in replace of MTG its cheaper, smells better and works just as good. i have proof of my growth in my 2005 album. II use my empty MTG 32OZ bottle for good measure....i fill the bottom about half an inch full of sulfur powder or the first line. I fill the remainder with natural oils. the best i've used are jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, right to the top of the bottle. give it a good shake leave it for a day or two so that it can dissolve a bit, then its ready to be applied to the scalp or hair.

The one i use is a yellow kind called Baldwins Suplhur Powder. you can purchase it by clicking on this link http://www.baldwins.co.uk/perl/go.pl/shop/adv-search-results.html

The benefits are softer, faster growing and more manageable hair, you cannot consume this kind it is strictly for external purposes.

jturner7156 said:
Do you mean you don't shampoo your hair for growth :confused: ?

I am sure ThickHair will come back to answer but I think she means she only use conditioners. (co-washes etc.)

I know many ladies here go the No Poo route. HTH

LOLOLOL too funny.

ekomba said:
hahahah CurleeDST you want believe me i was trying figure out what company makes it hahahahah like did i miss something i know the mtg i need to check that Patience thing hahahhah forgive the foreigner in me just trying to keep up ahhahahhaha:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

sky_blu said:
me too. But Ive been afraid too since people keep talking about opening the bottle and throwing it away. I dont want to spend almost 30 dollars for something to throw it away.

My MTG only cost 12.99!! You can have it if you wanna pay me 5.00 for the shipping.

Let me know.

L

Back