Best Speedy Hair Growers...

What gave product gave you the fastest growth?

• Mane-Tail Groom (MTG)

Votes: 253 29.3%
  • Sulfur 8

Votes: 59 6.8%
  • Glover's Mane/Glover's Ointment

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • Wild Growth Hair Oil

Votes: 113 13.1%
  • Combination of the Above/Other Products

Votes: 139 16.1%
  • Other: Homeade Concoctions

Votes: 288 33.4%

• Total voters
I just bought some WGO but I see lots of posts saying that it does nothing for growth. Is anyone still using & loving WGO?

The bottle I got doesn't smell bad.

ThickHair said:
My answer is not listed. For speedy growth I no pooed and low manipulation. It grew my hair faster than anything else.

Ditto. I voted "other" because no matter what I've tried in my 7 yrs being natural, It was when I left my hair alone all last year that I grew an incredible amount of hair. Yes, I have changed a few things about myself such as "remembering" to drink water and take my vitamins (be it gummy vites or chewables), forcing myself to do some sort of physical activity at least twice a week (this includes going clubbin' :D), and being more aware what enters my mouth. These things have contributed not only to the health of my hair but to my overall beauty--clearer skin (which I haven't had sine High School), and a tighter figure.

But then again, this is about "speedy hair growers", so I will step back and continue reading :grin:

MTG from Shapley's all the way....

thicker, speedy growth(to the point where my scalp was achy), less breakage, stronger strands, etc...

Attachments

• 142359554181_290-th.jpg
    142359554181_290-th.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 58
  • 142359590661_290vi-th.jpg
    142359590661_290vi-th.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 596
  • 175847450501_0_0.jpg
    175847450501_0_0.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 175396424581_0_0.jpg
    175396424581_0_0.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 44
curlyj said:
MTG from Shapley's all the way....

thicker, speedy growth(to the point where my scalp was achy), less breakage, stronger strands, etc...

Hi curlyj! :wave:

I would use MTG if it didn't stink so bad! If there was something to mask that smell, I would consider it again, but it literally made me sick to my stomach. :eek: I'm really loving Natural Lady's Boundless Tresses, though. My hair is getting thicker! And I can't wait until she starts marketing her BT pomade! ;)

www.growthspecifics.com

SP;)

i created a solution that knocked the smell right out, while adding special essentials of their own.

Using a 8 oz applicator bottle (can be found at hair stores):

.50 oz rosemary essential oil
.50 oz lavendar essential oil (this overpowered the smell the most)
.20 oz ylang ylang oil
.20 oz peppermint oil
(shake it up) then add:
.50 oz Jojoba Oil (u can add ur own carrier ie. grapeseed, olive,etc)
filled the rest of the bottle wit MTG...... (the bacon smell is GONE... all i smell is the essential oils.)

from the responses ppl give about the odor.... i think ill take an essential oil smelling head any day!

hope this helps anyone:D

:nono:if you are familiar with MTG,

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

PM ME THANKS

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

PM ME THANKS

BUMPING FOR REPLY

PM ME THANKS

I wanna know tooo

I voted other as I mix my own MN and sulfur 8 with other carrier and essential oils together for my hair growth and I must say it's working very well for me. My next update pics will be in my fotki at the end of March, 2008.

ETA: I have a new love relationship with Mega Tek. have only been using it for 5 weeks now but it makes my hair super soft and manageable and my sister says it seems to way longer than a month ago. I am excited about that and will give it at least 3 more weeks before I do an actual growth check but 3 months is the ideal time line for my growth check.

Last edited:
Although I put MTG, it was a combination of castor oil, aloe vera, daily rinsing and massaging my hair and being consistent with my vitamins.

I would say a mixture of all....I use alot of growth aides and all have helped me out to get where I am at now!:grin:

Why would you spend $30? It doesn't cost near that much. I don't understand people opening the bottle and throwing it away either, that's probably an exageration, it does NOT smell that bad.

Yeah is smells like bacon, lol I can't tell you how many times my hubby woke up thinking I was cooking him breakfast:lachen:

Well whatever it is it's working. She sells it from home.

Wow... I'm pretty new to the site, and this is my first post. YAY!! I looked at her site, and I will MOST DEFINATELY be getting some... I'm actually going to start REALLY taking care of my hair and stop it with this weave.... It doesn't seem to be doing me too much good.

Can someone please post a picture of what the MTG look like that I should be buying? I want to try MTG but I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Also, what is Sulu Max? Is this the same as MTG or not?

sulu max gro is the human version of mtg. someone emailed the company awhile ago, and they said its basically the same but they changed one of the oils and added fragrance for the human version. ive never tried either, but i hear the sulu max gro is much more pleasant for those who couldnt get past the smell of mtg.

Can someone please post a picture of what the MTG look like that I should be buying? I want to try MTG but I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Also, what is Sulu Max? Is this the same as MTG or not?

here is the mtg everyone is talking about:

Attachments

• mtg.jpg
    mtg.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back