Best butters for slip??? Need help from all my PJs

melodies815

Hello, all, and Merry Christmas!

I have been going on Camden Grey for over a month now after reading about how good Red Palm Butter is for slip and moisturizing...and it is always sold out. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Does anyone know of other butters that provide good slip? Shea doesn't do badly for me, but I thought red palm might be even better. I won't be detangling much at all during the year, but if I decide for sure to transition, I want to be prepared. Any help you can provide would be great.

Much love,
Christi J in the UK.... (learning not to lurk)
:hide:

i will mix coconut oil, shea, and castor oil to get the slippage that I need especially during an oil rinse. If you use more coconut oil then shea, it really "thins" out the shea. I love to use that with my homemade indian oils/powders to help with sealing moisture in. Remember, oils don't provide moisture, they just seal it in. You can pretty much use anything (as long as your hair likes it) to seal your water based moisture in, as long as your hair likes it, your good! hth!

Almond butter and Macadamian nut butter might work. Diluting them with an oil might provide you with more slip. Coconut and almond oil work well. glycerin and water might work also but some hair doesn't like it much.

Red Palm does have good slip. I would think olive butter whould have good slip since it's made with evoo. It looks very oily so that would make a great slip. I haven't tried it yet though.

Red Palm does have good slip. I would think olive butter whould have good slip since it's made with evoo. It looks very oily so that would make a great slip. I haven't tried it yet though.

I agree with this....

Olive Butter ( I have some ) does not really give good slip.... But aloe vera does - so I would think the Butter would...

You can buy red palm butters in supermarkets.....

Coconut oil is nice too!

I've never used a butter to provide slip...shea does help when styling though.

I've used olive oil to detangle and that worked really well actually...and this was after a straight week of shrunken fro's.

Also, some oils are able to penetrate the strand and moisturize. Coconut oil is one of them and I love it for moisturizing.

Thank you so much for the responses, and sorry I did not catch them sooner. I thought my original post got lost and no one responded. :ohwell:

I never thought about or even heard of Aloe butter. I need to go find that now!!!

What wonderful advice. Thanks again, everyone!

Christi J

Sorry had to revive this thread... Yesterday I was searching for a place to buy avocado butter, when I remembered I still had a 1 lb tub of Red palm butter in my stash.... So I washed/condished and just slathered the red palm butter on my hands and applied it all over my head and bunned and tied down my hair...... this a.m my hair is super soft and moisturized!!!! I totally forgot about this butter!!! I didnt use a leave in just the butter... Try it ladies!!! Oh yeah I am still gonna get some avocado butter too!!!!

Dang...just when I thought I had tried all the new stuff I was ever gonna try. Now I gotta add this to my list.

Back