Benefits Of Staying Single

levette

sometimes the grass ain’t greener. So how was your life simpler as a sing e person

I will start off... freedom to keep your place how you want it.. don’t have to cook. Freedom to go wherever you want. You can dress as guy choose. No one to answer too.. less stress. You tend to look cuter because you have time to focus on your needs.

20489_390104237842023_4917389182545684660_n.jpg

My house was spotless! Every Day. I could deep clean my house in under 2 hours and I live in a single standing victorian.

Evertime I got paid from work I bought myself something lavish. (I am more responsible with money now :( )

I was a jet setter always traveling across country and to different destinations when I felt like it on whim

I rarely asked permission.

I didn't get offended when men hit on me(I always wear my ring now so when a man hits on you and can see a 3 carat wedding ring they think you are willing to cheat. I find that offensive because I have never cheated with or on anyone)

I had the time to spend however long it took on healthy hair.

I talked that mess and the consequences I could live with. (I have to be much more considerate with my husband than men in the past)

There was nothing wrong with my level of selfish.

I spoiled myself a man who couldn't match what I gave me didn't stand a chance they had to add value to even be noticed.

There is a group of people who have an excuse to jump in my face now that wouldn't if they weren't connected to my husband. I miss the days where I didn't have to linger around people I didn't choose to kick it with to provide and opening.

Last edited:
Hmm the only thing I can think of is spending money any way you want and appropriate relationships with other men. Everything else? I'm still an individual and will do what needs to be done for me. When I was engaged and needed to do something I would be like bruh you can either help me or go find something to do while I do this. lol But this is me talking as a single person now so what do I know? When I get married I may have a long list of things to add to this thread.

As in introvert, freedom and space are definitely the top two perks of being single. I need my alone time and sometimes feeling obligated to spend time with someone can be draining, especially if they want to go out into the world frequently and do stuff. It could be exhausting holding a relationship.

Living with an ex also made me appreciate the perks of living alone and being single because MY place could be as clean or messy as I wanted it to be (more often clean).

Other benefits:
-Less anxiety and stress
-Don't have to sacrifice relationships with some of my close male friends (never really cut any of my male friends off completely, but communication was always far more limited out of "respect" for my relationship)
-Healthier eating habits
-Can do things on my own time
-No lectures or nagging on either end

-I could henna all weekend cuz I’m too lazy to wash it out on time.
-My dinners would last me longer.
-Less dishes to wash
-Less linens and towels to wash (SO stays in my guest room when he stays over)
-Two bathrooms to clean now. I don’t like men using my bathroom.
-Have less time to sit and chat on the phone with my girl
-Have to coordinate holiday plans

-I could henna all weekend cuz I’m too lazy to wash it out on time.
-My dinners would last me longer.
-Less dishes to wash
-Less linens and towels to wash (SO stays in my guest room when he stays over)
-Two bathrooms to clean now. I don’t like men using my bathroom.
-Have less time to sit and chat on the phone with my girl
-Have to coordinate holiday plans
YES to the bolded.

As a single person again it’s so fun to do whatever I want whenever I want. I can make all kinds of plans without checking in with anyone. All of that dang compromising is OVER :woot:. During the divorce process I caved and relaxed again. So I recently bc’d again. And I don’t have to worry about whether someone likes short hair or not, natural hair or not, wigs or not? All that matters is what I think. That’s it. And I have the whole bed to myself — that is the best!

You don’t have to compromise on anything. What am I talking about....I can’t recall being single.

That is the best thing ever-doing what you want and when you want to do it.

My husband has always been set in his ways I remember when I was folding clothes one day (when we first got married I was 21) and he showed me how he wanted the towels folded. I was so starry-eyed I tried to fold it his way and then it wore off several years later so I politely told him that he could fold the towels or anything else from this day forward. Let's just say he does his own laundry.

I loved it, but didn’t appreciate it enough. I had all the closet space to myself, didn’t have to be concerned with buying household items that will benefit somebody else, my house was clean, I could decorate how I wanted my home, it could smell how I wanted, I could watch what I wanted to watch, I could have everything organized the way I wanted, I didn’t have to check in with anybody, if I wanted to go somewhere and I didn’t have to take somebody else’s feelings into consideration!

I could walk around and look crazy all day, and I had more time to myself.

I don’t understand why a single woman would wanna give that up? Lol having some man around in the house is overrated. I can keep my bed warm by using a heated blanket!

Ever stopped off to get something to eat before getting home from work simply because you didnt feel like figuring out what WE are gonna eat.
Ever took a day off without telling him because you just wanted to be ALONE.
I loved it, but didn’t appreciate it enough. I had all the closet space to myself, didn’t have to be concerned with buying household items that will benefit somebody else, my house was clean, I could decorate how I wanted my home, it could smell how I wanted, I could watch what I wanted to watch, I could have everything organized the way I wanted, I didn’t have to check in with anybody, if I wanted to go somewhere and I didn’t have to take somebody else’s feelings into consideration!

I could walk around and look crazy all day, and I had more time to myself.

I don’t understand why a single woman would wanna give that up? Lol having some man around in the house is overrated. I can keep my bed warm by using a heated blanket!

LOL I say the bolded at least once a month. When folks ask me for marital advice...I always start with "enjoy your freedom while you have it...no need to rush."
But folks RARELY listen.

My bff just got her own place ...a BEAUTIFUL apartment. She decorated soooo beautifully...I was visiting the other day and her bathroom was a DREAM! A PERFECT woman's bathroom with all things pretty and clean. No man mess it all up. :lol: ugh! Her bedroom was another heaven including a queen sized bed that she has ALL TO HERSELF! But of course she cant wait to find "the one" and get married....again I say ENJOYYYY YOURR FREEEDOM!

Last edited:
Ever stopped off to get something to eat before getting home from work simply because you didnt feel like figuring out what WE are gonna eat.
Ever took a day off without telling him because you just wanted to be ALONE.

Yes and yes! Quiet as it's kept, I enjoy the one day weekly I work late--it's like staying in a hotel room--no noise, no house decisions.

My time is my own. If I don’t want to go straight home after work, I won’t.

So is my money

No “oh are you going by target? Can you pick up some *whatever random household item I did not originally go to target to pick up* before you come in?” Nah homie leave me alone

I don’t have to share space in my bed or consider his taste when decorating

Don’t need to hear his insecure whining about how often I use my B.O.B.

There are definitely some things in here I miss about being single. Especially being an introvert. Actually I just love MY OWN SPACE.

I’m an introvert too, and I hate the idea of having someone in my space all the time. Maybe I’d feel differently if I was with someone and in love, but I honestly don’t think so.

I know someone who had a long term BF (I mean over a decade) and they never moved in together. Same with my mom when she was with someone. She had teenaged children at the time, but I think even if that wasn’t case, she still would have never lived with him. I used to find this a little odd, but I totally get it, especially the longer I’m single.

How do I count the ways????

• All the bed is mine including the covers.
  • Drama free existence
  • Mad spontaneity. I like just getting up and going somwhere without strategising my schedule around someone else's
  • Don't have to pick up after anyone
  • Not having to deal with in laws
  • My things stay where my OCD self put them
I'll be back :p

Back