Being Natural Is Something We Will Always Have to Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jturner7156

As I am 22 weeks into my transition to natural with a 6 day old rollerset walking around with my hair wildly and freely and proudly notice stares from other races...I have an epiphnay...Being natural is something another race will never be able to imitate...*tear*...therefore, the true natural look belongs to US:grin::grin::grin:
:yep::yep::yep:!!!

Okay, off my soapbox

Last edited:
awwww, you are right.

i totally agree with what you just said

WE ARE THE ONLY RACE THAT CAN DO ANYTHING TO OUR HAIR, CURLY, STRAIGHT,KINKY, YOU NAME IT!!

If you consider "natural" as the hair texture that one was born with without chemical or appliance alterations than anyone who does not use chemicals or heat is "natural", they just have a different texture.

ETA:
I do not mean that people with non chemically altered hair that use heat are not natural, I was just trying to say that people of other races or textures, and African- Americans as well, that don't use chemicals and did not use heat to style their hair at that point in time are also natural, by definition.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Other races wear their natural hair a majority of the time (excluding hair color).

The "true natural look" is not unique.

I understand the look to which you refer, I just think using the word "natural" alone does not convey your meaning.

I think everyone did. But she was not referring to people who have straighter textures that are also natural, which is why I was confused as to why it was something we would only have to "ourselves" when people of any race can be natural.

I think everyone did. But she was not referring to people who have straighter textures that are also natural, which is why I was confused as to why it was something we would only have to "ourselves" when people of any race can be natural.

I used the term "natural" due to the way the term is used on the board, that is why I assumed that when I said natural...everyone would understand exactly what I meant.

I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse but what do you consider the board definition of natural to be? I am honestly confused as to what that definition could be that would allow one to think that being natural is something that only one race can claim.

I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse but what do you consider the board definition of natural to be? I am honestly confused as to what that definition could be that would allow one to think that being natural is something that only one race can claim.

As stated in my first post..."the natural look" as into what we (LHCF) considers NATURAL. Hence the many threads, "I decided to go NATURAL" or TRANSITIONING to NATURAL or "I bc'd so now I'm Fully Natural". The look we are achieving when we decide to go natural is ours...bottom line.

As stated in my first post..."the natural look" as into what we (LHCF) considers NATURAL. Hence the many threads, "I decided to go NATURAL" or TRANSITIONING to NATURAL or "I bc'd so now I'm Fully Natural". The look we are achieving when we decide to go natural is ours...bottom line.

lol lol:lachen::lachen::lachen:, lol i guess you had to break it down like dat huh, i aint mad atcha lol

Last edited:
Are people being dense on purpose? :look:
I understand exactly what you meant OP and I agree with you 100000% I :love: my NATURAL AFRICAN KINKS (to clarify) and I believe it's only something WE can and will ALWAYS have!

As I am 22 weeks into my transition to natural with a 6 day old rollerset walking around with my hair wildly and freely and proudly notice stares from other races...I have an epiphnay...Being natural is something another race will never be able to imitate...*tear*...therefore, the true natural look belongs to US:grin::grin::grin:

Okay, off my soapbox

Yep we can do curly, kinky, straight. They are limited to straight. and curly. thats a plus

Okay, off my soapbox

Actually I have to disagree, the Japanese have a serious fascination with black American culture and they have developed a process to "kink" their hair. There are lots of them with afros. I'll see of I can find some pictures.

ETA:

here you are...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/E…

http://www.bombhead.com/bbs/data/monster….

http://www.bombhead.com/bbs/data/monster...

If the links don't work, you just Google Japanese or Korean Afro perm.

Last edited:
How misguiding can my thread be when over 50% of the Hair Forum topics is on LHCF members (African American Women) going NATURAL. It was EXTREMELY OBVIOUS I wasn't referring to the texture of a white women or latina women's natural hair.

lol lol:lachen::lachen::lachen:, lol i guess you had to break it down like dat huh, lol

Yes, I think she did have to break it down like that because we're not the only people in the world who can be natural, and quite frankly we're not the only people on this earth that can have naturally kinky hair. But good luck on your transition OP.

Actually I have to disagree, the Japanese have a serious fascination with black American culture and they have developed a process to "kink" their hair. There are lots of them with afros. I'll see of I can find some pictures.

Well again...the true natural look

Are people being dense on purpose? :look:
I understand exactly what you meant OP and I agree with you 100000% I :love: my NATURAL AFRICAN KINKS (to clarify) and I believe it's only something WE can and will ALWAYS have!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:...at your first sentence!!!

i agree with you op. black women who wear their natural hair without the use of relaxer chemicals has the most versatile hair of all.

interesting, pics please

As someone who is relaxed and color treated, as well as one who uses heat 2-4 times a month, I understood exactly what you meant. We have a broader range of textures and versatility. Unfortunately our hair is less respected in its natural state. But that doesn't bother me one bit, because Jesus had hair like wool too!

wtf? really?

Why does this thread have to go on that debating route?!

anyways nice observation OP :yep:

I know exactly what you're referring to. I saw the pics years ago. Very interesting.

And y'all should know by now, we cain't have nuffin. :ohwell:

:lachen:

Ok...very confused why some people did not understand what she meant.

"Natural" is a term widely used in the AA community. If I went up to a white lady at work and asked her if she were "natural", she wouldn't know what the heck I was talking about. She'd probably think I was asking if her boobs were real, or something.

Nobody else calls their virgin, unprocessed hair natural. They call it virgin, unprocessed hair. Our hair is a bit different though; so many of us relax that we started giving a special name to our own hair, calling it natural.

We arethe only ones to call our hair 'natural'. So I guess natural does, and always will, belong to us.

Ok...very confused why some people did not understand what she meant.

"Natural" is a term widely used in the AA community. If I went up to a white lady at work and asked her if she were "natural", she wouldn't know what the heck I was talking about. She'd probably think I was asking if her boobs were real, or something.

____ right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back