Beautiful Inter-cultural and Inter-racial Wedding

Dellas

http://www.thedemoiselle.com/2011/01/a-dream-realized/

traditional-nigerian-wedding-3.jpg

traditional-nigerian-wedding-2.jpg

traditional-nigerian-wedding.jpg

I have to admit - seeing the groom and his folks in the African garb sort of threw me off. But they genuinely look happy . . . so yay for them!

Some of the funniest images I've seen in my life... but nice wedding.

...I'm mad at all the "spirit fingers" in the last pic.

LMAO I'm used to seeing white people wearing traditional yoruba attire so I guess it's not that shocking to me. I've actually been to 2-3 weddings that looked very similar. Good to see that everyone looks genuinely happy and joyful on their wedding day. I love that guy's wedding photos.

Everybody looks happy, although, I'll admit, I'm surprised at the white people. I've seen images of these kinds of inter-cultural weddings before, and I was always like, Oooh, that's nice, but for some reason, this one made me think of how much time white folks spent trynna get us NOT to wear our clothes, eat our foods, wear our hairstyles, etc, and now they all up on it? With spirit fingers, too?! :lachen: It's like, cognitive dissonance or something, I need to figure this out, lol. :scratchch

^^Yeah, they look so in love. That is beautiful to see. I'm such a sap when it comes to weddings. I just spent an hour looking at the photos on the photographer's website.

I was in the Aso Ebi (cultural hosts) in a wedding just like this back in August for my friends:

40317_1568866588011_1425850811_31487490_1913066_n.jpg

it was lots of fun. I like to see cultural weddings, shoot, weddings of any kind. I too went to the photography site of OP's post and enjoyed the images. It's not super rare here in Houston to see intercultural marriages.

That house behind them reminds me of "RedRum" :look:

Everyone looks so freakin happy! yay!!

lol @ the spirit fangas.

I was in the Aso Ebi (cultural hosts) in a wedding just like this back in August for my friends:

it was lots of fun. I like to see cultural weddings, shoot, weddings of any kind. I too went to the photography site of OP's post and enjoyed the images. It's not super rare here in Houston to see intercultural marriages.

Ugh, the material for their outfits are really beautiful.
I'm from Houston also and have been to alot of intercultural weddings too...it's just fun watching people engage in other cultures mutually.

Okay I'm mad that they let the father of the groom bow. Not. Cool. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it is not our culture to allow the patriarch of a house to bow/prostrate at a wedding...especially when he's the father of the groom. I guess he got excited about the ceremonies :lachen:
ETA: And our men don't even 'bow' like that! Ugh!:lol:

Nice wedding though.

Last edited:

Sidenote: Why are there dollars on the floor? (eta: In the original pics, the groom also had a fistful of dolla bills)

Last edited:
Shiiii! I need to email this to my mom!
This'll shut her mouth on all that "we don't do that kind of thing" nonsense! :lachen:

Back