Barry Fletcher's Book-Commentary anyone?

Course24

"Why Are Black Women Losing Their Hair?" -Barry Fletcher

Does anyone have this book? :huh: How would you compare this book to Shamboosie's book?:bookworm: Which is better in your opinion? I was thinking of adding it to my hair care book collection, but I'd like to read comments from my fellow LHCF sisters about the book. I checked Amazon to find reviews on the book and they were mixed to say the least. None of the comments made me want to go out and buy the book instantly. Let me know what you think...

I have both and they are both coffee table books, in my opinion.

Barry's seems to have more about the science of hair. His is in an "article" style where he has other write about their own ideas about hair.

It is ok I guess. It is one of those books that's good to borrow or buy used.

Yes, I agree with Honeydew. It's good to buy used. In fact, I bought mine used. I think it's an excellent resource for someone that's really into hair. (like most of us) You know, just a good book to have in your collection of hair care literature.

Thanks for your opinions.

I find that these opinions are pretty much the norm across the board on this book. This book purchase will probably not be a priority purchase at the moment for me.

Back