Commentary: Stop Talking About Single Black Ladies

Well maybe she has a reason to be angry and have an attitude with this issue.

Yea, some go overboard with it but I don't like the idea that black women now always have to justify their right to be upset about something.. that in itself is oppressive.

i believe she did..

it was directed toward essence magazine... see my siggy for how they view us

I liked the article.

The news keep replaying the same hype over and over to the point that foreign tv are doing the "Black woman in the states' pain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMcT3PQ7OGg (at first I was annoyed, now whatever...)

These days I ignore the stories..It would be silly to waste energy on them. Also I put a lid on the dumb questions from "some friends" who see the news and are obsessed with my single life(I think I've upset the balance of life for some people by not wanting to marry/not being on the constant look out for a man)

I liked the article.

The news keep replaying the same hype over and over to the point that foreign tv are doing the "Black woman in the states' pain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMcT3PQ7OGg (at first I was annoyed, now whatever...)

These days I ignore the stories..It would be silly to waste energy on them. Also I put a lid on the dumb questions from "some friends" who see the news and are obsessed with my single life(I think I've upset the balance of life for some people by not wanting to marry/not being on the constant look out for a man)

I know what you mean, I don't seem "normal" to my co-workers, most of them are shackin.. a few are married, and the remaining few are always on the prowl with a "buddy" in the wings. Funny thing is, I'm one of the most consistently pleasant and positive people on that job and I don't envy my co-workers dating situations or lifestyles. I can see if you expressed unhappiness with your single status, but if you're content with yourself I see no reason for people to obsess over your business.

Sometimes I think the intense focus on dating or marriage goes beyond normal urges - more like somethin folks need to distract them from feeling completely miserable with their lives - my co-workers give me that impression for sure.

Back