BAMBOOZLED by Afroveda

Love this thread. Too bad it cannot be renamed "Save money on your favorite conditioners". All the links given need to be consolidated into one post or area. I could care less if a company is using bases and calling them "handmade"; but I love the idea that I can get access to those bases also. Its all about saving money!

The day that AfroVeda went up in price I ran to her vendors to place my order of the Shea Amla before their prices changed too! Well ladies I ended up getting the New Jar with the obvious New Formula. This mess is watered down. The smell isn't strong like before! The color is obviously different! It's like a freaking milk and not a butter.

I am so freaking glad Mala is being exposed for her lies!

Look at this crap!!!

OMG, thanks for posting this. I was still thinking about buying the next sale. I will not ever buy it again, although I'm in love with her products. I can't trust the consistency I will get.

I never ordered from AV, HV, or AO
and glad about it!

ME NO LIKEY LIARS!!!

No big whup about the bases,
but be honest about it.

Since reading thru this thread,
I will stick with my VO5 &
butters from Oil by Nature.

I prolly will place an order
with the base sites-
the idea of making HAND-CRAFTED condishes
for Christmas gifts is too cute!!!

The LHCF Ladies are AMAZING!!!
That's why I hangs wit y'all!!!

I'm glad to have the knowledge about product bases. It's always good to be informed and know you have a variety of options.

I never ordered from AV, HV, or AO
and glad about it!

ME NO LIKEY LIARS!!!

No big whup about the bases,
but be honest about it.

Since reading thru this thread,
I will stick with my VO5 &
butters from Oil by Nature.

I prolly will place an order
with the base sites-
the idea of making HAND-CRAFTED condishes
for Christmas gifts
is too cute!!!

The LHCF Ladies are AMAZING!!!
That's why I hangs wit y'all!!!

SUPER IDEA!!

OMG, thanks for posting this. I was still thinking about buying the next sale. I will not ever buy it again, although I'm in love with her products. I can't trust the consistency I will get.

I was finally able to make the video about the difference in her products for you. YouTube - AfroVeda - The Integrity Standards and Quality of an Inconsistent Over Price Company

I had to plan my son's birthday party, plus it was my birthday and my brother's birthday as well. Plus a load of cousins as well. So I've been rather busy, sorry for the delay. Ok, I'm going back to bed now, lol.

I was finally able to make the video about the difference in her products for you. YouTube - AfroVeda - The Integrity Standards and Quality of an Inconsistent Over Price Company

I had to plan my son's birthday party, plus it was my birthday and my brother's birthday as well. Plus a load of cousins as well. So I've been rather busy, sorry for the delay. Ok, I'm going back to bed now, lol.

Dang! Your video was on point! I am so mad at Afroveda right now and I am so stuck because I don't know what product to get to replace it!:cry2:

^^ i'm so over afroveda. I'm kinda eager to finish up what I have so I can move on to another line and keep working on making my own. I heard curl junkie and komaza care are good. KCCC is and always will be a staple for me unless they do something outlandish.

No, I;m not buying anything from AfroVeda. Sale or No Sale. The product is crappy and you never know what you are going to get.

Plus Mala said the price of Shea Buuter, Aloe Vera and Raw Materials are so high now, I don't understand how she can have a sale in today's economy. Since that was her excuse for rising the prices on October 1st, now on Oct 27th there's a sale, guess the market on those items went down in price so she's able to afford a sale. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I'm too scared to buy anything from them, now. The sale at this time is just too convenient.:nono: Too bad, Mala!:rolleyes: I need to see some more YT vids showing that their products have some consistency to them.:ohwell:

Last edited:
No, I;m not buying anything from AfroVeda. Sale or No Sale. The product is crappy and you never know what you are going to get.

Plus Mala said the price of Shea Buuter, Aloe Vera and Raw Materials are so high now, I don't understand how she can have a sale in today's economy. Since that was her excuse for rising the prices on October 1st, now on Oct 27th there's a sale, guess the market on those items went down in price so she's able to afford a sale. YEAH RIGHT!!!

and you know what i dont like about the bolded? its not even a matter of her not getting her formulas right, for all we know she doesnt even have a formula and she just makes products out her ***. you never know. i mean there is no reason her stuff should come different each time. i wouldnt be surprised if shes no different than us when it comes to mixing and we just eye ball it.

OMG I just saw your video. That's a noticable difference. Wow! I think I'm stunned...all of the products are different. I thought it was just the Totally Twisted Almond Butter. I love the Curl Define and it really works on my hair. I wonder if this is the only product that has not curdled.

and you know what i dont like about the bolded? its not even a matter of her not getting her formulas right, for all we know she doesnt even have a formula and she just makes products out her ***. you never know. i mean there is no reason her stuff should come different each time. i wouldnt be surprised if shes no different than us when it comes to mixing and we just eye ball it.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I don't believe there is no actual recipe at this point. Just a base that she buys and eyeballs some added ingridients.

Like the label can't be right on the list of ingredients either! Is aloe vera juice really first on the list or last? Is water first of third? I thought the first 3-5 on the list of ingredients are the most important. If so the first 3 on her list of butters are pretty much all the same. Aloe Vera, Rice Milk, Water and an oil.

I just received an email from them today about their sale and still I laughed at the prices even though the items are on sale. I truly don't believe her products are worth the prices she is asking for. If qhemet biologics increase their prices I will still buy her products since my hair loves her stuff annd all her products have been consistent every time.

OMG I just saw your video. That's a noticable difference. Wow! I think I'm stunned...all of the products are different. I thought it was just the Totally Twisted Almond Butter. I love the Curl Define and it really works on my hair. I wonder if this is the only product that has not curdled.

Thanks. Those were going to be my next purchase if this entire business wasn't to outrageous and full of misconception and lies. I tried a sample of the Totally twist and thought it would be good for summer.

When I think back as to why I even bought from this company it was the KimmayTube effect. I tried Kimmay's leave in and it didn't work for me, not with KCNT, Giovanni or KBB as a base. So I wanted to look for a product that had aloe vera, water and good oils high up on the list, so AfroVeda was the one I found. I'm sorry I ever tried her products, I truly am.

Huh. I buy raw shea butter for cheap. Who on earth is she buying it from?

Disclaimer: Don't stone me because I'm definitely not taking sides and am not even personally familiar with Afroveda or Mala. Nor do I make, sell, promote or otherwise try to make a profit on a dang thang. A'ight??? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to add my two cents and say, Dang! Folks better come correct up in this mug. You sistas are RUTHLESS!!! Made videos and er'thang! Dang! (:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:).

I'm done. Carry on. :popcorn:

yup, and the 16 oz is more expensive than the 32 oz was :nono:, even WITH the sale

It sure is. I really hope no other company tries to pull this stunt on us to this drastic measure. I was ok with bases, I wasn't ok with the lies and the excuse for the hike. Then what pushed me over the edge was learning about all of these complaints after I had found a product I liked (Hemp Seed).

If one of you ladies figure out the recipe to make the Hemp Seed I will buy it.

So, all one has to do is buy a conditioner base, add oils to it, package it and pass it off as an original, self-derived product?

I always wondered why conditioners always have the same ingredients!

Think of all the money we can save y'all! Just by the base and mix it up to your own specifications.

I've never used these products but wow, crazy stuff. :nono: I wonder if she'll be out of business soon because her reputation is RUINED. I don't really see how she can fix this without admitting that she's a liar which would alienate her customers even further....shame.

Yea, I mean, I don't have beef with HairVeda at all...someone just wanted to know who is using bases so I named them. Brendita's BBW is a MESS though...for a lot of her products she doesn't even ADD things, she just repackages the base and sells it as her own. Then, when you go to the About Brendita section she talks about how she did all this research and made her own products. I wanted her Phat Head Coconut Pudding, but it's actually just the Essential Wholesale Silk Creme, which is $11 for 16oz while the repackaged product is $8 for 6oz...

Brendita Ingredients:
Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Organic Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Xanthan Gum, Organic Black Willowbark Extract, Neem Oil, Rosemary Oleoresin, Citric Acid

EW Ingredients:
Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cocos nucifera (Organic Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Persea americana (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Salix nigra (Organic Black Willowbark) Extract, Mannan, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

What I am most concerned about is these vendors leaving out ingredients that might potentially be controversial or "not natural" (the one above has low risk on the Cosmetics Database but there is a 81% data gap). People should know what is in the product they are purchasing, by law. The quote above is from Brendita so not sure if Afroveda is leaving ingredients out as well.

I noticed that Afroveda doesn't have an ingredients list for conditioners on the website. Is that new or was that always the case? The butters ingredients are there.

Never ordered from her before but glad to know some great sources for Wholesale!

What I am most concerned about is these vendors leaving out ingredients that might potentially be controversial or "not natural" (the one above has low risk on the Cosmetics Database but there is a 81% data gap). People should know what is in the product they are purchasing, by law. The quote above is from Brendita so not sure if Afroveda is leaving ingredients out as well.

I noticed that Afroveda doesn't have an ingredients list for conditioners on the website. Is that new or was that always the case? The butters ingredients are there.

Never ordered from her before but glad to know some great sources for Wholesale!

The conditioner ingredients used to be on the site. they were taken down

Back