Brand: "especially Hair" Line

I saw this on Amazon. 12.00 for t2oz. I do struggle with dry hair I may give it a try. With Prime I get free shipping. Because of the acv I think it may work well on hi po hair.

If this works for your hair, and if it really is the only thing you need, I dont think it's all that expensive. I see people on this forum buying boatloads of products from hair boutiques that may or may not work, so it evens out in the end.

@naturalyogini, I wholeheartedly agree with @beingofserenity that if the price can be totally worth it to you if it works for you. :yep: Please don't let my tripping over the price cause you any hesitation. :lol:

As I've been trialing and trialing products, I've allowed myself to spend up to around $2.50/ounce max try to find what works. In that process I've spent LOTS and LOTS more than I ever could have imagined on hair care products. Regarding Especially Hair, I just know that I deep condition, style, and refresh my hair too frequently and have too much hair on my head to rely heavily on a DC/styler that costs me $4.38/ounce before shipping costs. I would minimally need to purchase about 2.5 jars a month, which is 3 jars. That's $105/month for just one product.

If it was super duper amazing on my hair, the smell was fine for my nose, and I truly didn't need to purchase other products, I'd do it! :yep:

Last edited:
As I've been trialing and trialing products, I've allowed myself to spend up to around $2.50/ounce max try to find what works. In that process I've spent LOTS and LOTS more than I ever could have imagined on hair care products. Regarding Especially Hair, I just know that I deep condition, style, and refresh my hair too frequently and have too much hair on my head to rely heavily on a DC/styler that costs me $4.38/ounce before shipping costs. I would minimally need to purchase about 2.5 jars a month, which is 3 jars. That's $105/month for just one product.

If it was super duper amazing on my hair, the smell was fine for my nose, and I truly didn't need to purchase other products, I'd do it! :yep:

I thought I was the only one who limited myself by price per ounce. My limit is $1.50 max per oz. I can afford more, but everything in me screams, "But you're just going to rinse it out!"

I was just about to post a thread on this but decided to do a search to see if there was already one. I have seen two reviews on this product that made me interested. Going to the site and seeing the price- like really?! What the freak is in this ish that makes this worth $35.00?! I looked at the ingredients and I really don't see anything special. Then it has the audacity to be only 8 oz! Not sure if being 16 oz would make it better.

I see @YvetteWithJoy you contacted them concerning the price and they told you because it can replace 2 products in your regimen. So freaking what!! A lot of products can supposedly do that now. That reason or any reason does not justify that price. I don't understand why anyone would want to use a deep conditioner as a leave in. A deep conditioner is meant to be left on the hair usually for no more 30 min and rinsed out. It kills me when a product say it can be used as a co wash, deep conditioner, and or a leave in. I could go on but I will stop here. I am really in my feelings.

@IDareT'sHair @PJaye @rileypak Have y'all tried this product? Lol Do y'all know of a dupe?

@rileypak @IDareT'sHair @Aggie @shawnyblazes Where y'all at? Lol

I spend a lot on products, I'm sure that's no secret around these parts.
With that said, I don't usually spend $32 or $35 for 8 ounces of DC that I will get only 2-2.5 uses out of {learned my lesson with the Ouidad DC}. Outside of the cone and glycerin being so ridiculously high up on the list, the ingredients look nice but not at that price for me.

Like @shawnyblazes mentioned, if a 35%+ discount pops up, someone please tag me.

Here's a review and demo buy a guy. His video does a GREAT job of showing the consistency--better than other videos do because he let's some spill out of the jar.

I have never seen another product with this kind of consistency. When I was trying it, I always lost some down the shower.

@gorgeoushair
Oh...Yeah...I just saw a product review on this from Product Junkie Diva who I do watch & love from time to time. Love her long reviews! (LOL).

I hadn't heard of it (or the line before I saw it on her channel). Still not interested tho'

She really didn't say much about it. But I see Tracey really likes it.

I cannot see myself paying that much for a L-I, especially since I am PS'ing.

ETA: When you breaking out the Queen Helene?

Used this today.

wasnt overly impressed by the application. Slip but not insane. The smell wasn’t overly crazy but it is perfumed

Didn’t feel overly moisturizing but as I’m sitting here air drying for a bit , my hair feels soft.

Let’s see how it goes after drying.

Last edited:
My hair was moisturized still up until today. There was no need for me to moisturize but I wanted to set my hair for bed with some type of style for tomorrow.

I didn’t care for the application in regards to detangling but it did sink in after air drying. It had that moisturizing feeling that curl activator gel gives you. Not as heavy but still wet moisturized.

I would recommend it but with the caveat that you wait the next day for it to dry fully. The longer I left my hair in a tucked bun, the more moisturized it felt.

My hair was moisturized still up until today. There was no need for me to moisturize but I wanted to set my hair for bed with some type of style for tomorrow.

I didn’t care for the application in regards to detangling but it did sink in after air drying. It had that moisturizing feeling that curl activator gel gives you. Not as heavy but still wet moisturized.

I would recommend it but with the caveat that you wait the next day for it to dry fully. The longer I left my hair in a tucked bun, the more moisturized it felt.
I love this stuff. Works better in warm months because of the high glycerin content. I think the company went under and put their stuff on Amazon.

Back