Balisi and Mizani Thermasmooth are the Bomb!

divinefavor

I decided to treat myself for Mother's Day and get my hair shampooed and conditioned. I hadn't been to Balisi in a year nor have I been to a salon in so long. I went to see Balisi (LHCF Member) to get my hair done this morning!!! I am 11 weeks post relaxer and boy do I have a lot of new growth (thanks to BT). All I can say is WOW!!!! :eek: Mizani Thermasmooth is the Bomb!!!It looks like I got a touch up today instead of my hair shampooed and conditioned! MY hair is so soft, silky, and bouncy. And as always, Balisi is such a wonderful stylist!!! She took very good care of me, I always enjoy going to her.

Here's a pic, please excuse the fact that I didn't comb before having my son snap the picture.

2007-05-12001.jpg

I believe ya! I'm gonna be seeing her this summer (God-willing!) and this will be my first time with a stylist in YEARS. I can just tell she's gonna be fabulous! There's not a doubt in my mind.

p1

Thanks Ladies for the compliments!!!

Prettygrl - I don't have my regimen posted anywhere. However, I've had some ladies here PM about my regimen. I'll send you a copy of the PM that I sent. Let me know if you have any questions after reading it.

Patient1 - you are going to love Balisi!!!

It does look freshly relaxed, that's exactly what I thought when I looked at the pic. I was already to see progress pics :lol: , it is mega straight and super shiney.

divinefavor said:
I decided to treat myself for Mother's Day and get my hair shampooed and conditioned. I hadn't been to Balisi in a year nor have I been to a salon in so long. I went to see Balisi (LHCF Member) to get my hair done this morning!!! I am 11 weeks post relaxer and boy do I have a lot of new growth (thanks to BT). All I can say is WOW!!!! :eek: Mizani Thermasmooth is the Bomb!!!It looks like I got a touch up today instead of my hair shampooed and conditioned! MY hair is so soft, silky, and bouncy. And as always, Balisi is such a wonderful stylist!!! She took very good care of me, I always enjoy going to her.

Here's a pic, please excuse the fact that I didn't comb before having my son snap the picture.

2007-05-12001.jpg

Nice! I guess you have to use heat with the Thermasmooth?

I wonder if with continued use one could give up relaxing completely? That would be my ultimate goal. What do you think?

HI, everyone:

I am a looooooong time lurker ... but a first time poster here. I first found the boards way back in 2004, joined in September 2006 and I'm finally posting now. Yeah, I know ... what can I say ... I'm a little late for the party, huh.

So what finally compelled me to post? Well ... I also got my hair done by Balisi (I had my appointment this past Thursday, May 10th). I went to her after reading so many great things about her on LHCF. I originally went in there to get a touch up (I was rockin' 10 weeks of crispy, crunchy new growth), but then Balisi told me about the Mizani ThermaSmooth Straightening System and convinced me to try that first. Ummmm ... OH ... MY ... GOODNESS!! It looks just like I got a touch up. You can't even tell the difference between my serious new growth and my relaxed hair! In fact, my hair is so silky, straight and shiny, it looks like my name should be Mai-Ling!! :lol: People at work actually accused me of LYING when I told them I did not get the touch up. Seriously!

Before Balisi and the "ThermaSmooth Experience", I was just thinking about going back to natural hair. After the experience, I'm definitely going back to natural. If I can maintain a style this straight without the harsh chemicals, I will be one happy (and NATURAL) lady!!

BALISI AND MIZANI THERMASMOOTH ARE MY NEW STAPLES!!

DSCN0392.jpg

(Sorry about the raggedy ends ... haven't trimmed in a while).

TaraDyan said:
HI, everyone:

I am a looooooong time lurker ... but a first time poster here. I first found the boards way back in 2004, joined in September 2006 and I'm finally posting now. Yeah, I know ... what can I say ... I'm a little late for the party, huh.

So what finally compelled me to post? Well ... I also got my hair done by Balisi (I had my appointment this past Thursday, May 10th). I went to her after reading so many great things about her on LHCF. I originally went in there to get a touch up (I was rockin' 10 weeks of crispy, crunchy new growth), but then Balisi told me about the Mizani ThermaSmooth Straightening System and convinced me to try that first. Ummmm ... OH ... MY ... GOODNESS!! It looks just like I got a touch up. You can't even tell the difference between my serious new growth and my relaxed hair! In fact, my hair is so silky, straight and shiny, it looks like my name should be Mai-Ling!! :lol: People at work actually accused me of LYING when I told them I did not get the touch up. Seriously!

Before Balisi and the "ThermaSmooth Experience", I was just thinking about going back to natural hair. After the experience, I'm definitely going back to natural. If I can maintain a style this straight without the harsh chemicals, I will be one happy (and NATURAL) lady!!

BALISI AND MIZANI THERMASMOOTH ARE MY NEW STAPLES!!

DSCN0392.jpg

(Sorry about the raggedy ends ... haven't trimmed in a while).

Hi, I am glad you decided to conversate. Your hair is so pretty.

tnorenberg said:
I wonder if with continued use one could give up relaxing completely? That would be my ultimate goal. What do you think?

I was wondering the same thing. But I think the constant blowdrying and flat ironing will cause some damage. At least for my hair anyway.

divinefavor said:
I was wondering the same thing. But I think the constant blowdrying and flat ironing will cause some damage. At least for my hair anyway.

Yeah, I thought about that too. It's probably not a good idea to do this method too much, but I'm still going to go natural and use this option as a "backup" look. In any event, it will give me more options.

Thanks for all the compliments, Ladies. Glad I started posting finally.

By the way, DivineFavor: your hair looks divine!

Thank you so much Naturelle!!!

It looks even better today. I am so impressed! I think I may be able to stretch six more weeks if I go get the Mizani Thermasmooth done in about 3 more weeks.

Both of you guys' hair turned out beautifully!!! I love it. Balisi is the bomb! I wish we could clone her:lol:. We need a Balisi here in northern California for real.

hopeful said:
Both of you guys' hair turned out beautifully!!! I love it. Balisi is the bomb! I wish we could clone her:lol:. We need a Balisi here in northern California for real.

Okayy?!?! I wish!;)

Divine,
I think I came into the shop right after you (I was the natural who came in with her sister)! I was wondering if you were a member of LHCF (I'm a newbie). So I wanted to post my "testimony" too. Balisi did a wonderful job on my hair and it is withstanding the ATL heat and humidity. She was also soooo gentle in combing it out etc. I attached a pic below. Its the end of the day and looking a little rough cause it was blowing in the wind all day at the Sweet Auburn festival but I'm going to wrap it up tonight and it will be all good for my graduation tomorrow. Highly recommended.:)

Hi Curlie Rae!!! I think I saw you sitting in the waiting area. Is your sister the one with all of that thick and beautiful natural hair?

Your hair is gorgeous!!!

Are the Mizani Thermasmooth line available in retail for non-professionals to purchase? or do I have to get it at a salon?

Back