Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

gotta get my powders together for my paste mix.

last week i mixed them with thick, creamy buttermilk (amongst the oils, eo and dc) and my hair loved it!

Will be dcing overnight then steaming with Jessicurl, amla oil, alma,brahmi, hibiscus, and bhringraj powders.

Will be dcing overnight then steaming with Jessicurl, amla oil, alma,brahmi, hibiscus, and bhringraj powders.

Shay you mixing powder with jessicurl? I thought back in our earlier days of ayurveda challenge it was messy for you.

Shay you mixing powder with jessicurl? I thought back in our earlier days of ayurveda challenge it was messy for you.

Yep :yep: just putting the powder straight into the dc. Did that with Jasmine's Babassu too. I find the tea rinses messier now. I prefer this way now.

I had every intention of DCing today, but time just flew away from me today. Hopefully I will be able to do so on my next day off which is Sunday:sad:.

As for me, this morning I did a kalpi tone/bhringraj/amla/shikakai tea rinse for one minute and now I am cowashing it out with some Tressemme Vitamin B1 Curl Moisturizing conditioner.

:nono:.

So Aggie do you find it necessary to mix other powders with the kalpi tone? I know kalpi tone is a mixture of alot of them. Do you do that to add more uuuumph/strength?
I want to start using these and was planning on going with the kalpit tone.

Yep :yep: just putting the powder straight into the dc. Did that with Jasmine's Babassu too. I find the tea rinses messier now. I prefer this way now.

It's funny when I first started out I use to think the teas were messy and I would ONLY use the powders in a dc (which I absolutely love BTW):lick:

Now I'm hooked on the double tea rinse. Have been for a while. I will admit Maka and Brahmi in a dc make your hair feel like spun silk. I can't keep my hands outta my hair when I do this.

It's funny when I first started out I use to think the teas were messy and I would ONLY use the powders in a dc (which I absolutely love BTW):lick:

Now I'm hooked on the double tea rinse. Have been for a while. I will admit Maka and Brahmi in a dc make your hair feel like spun silk. I can't keep my hands outta my hair when I do this.

ok ladies, looks like i've got some catching up to do, lol!

what's this news about a double tea rinse, flowinlocks? (hmmm, sounds yummy!)

and Shay72, how is this conditioner treat worked out? i know some ladies talk about leaving the powders/dc paste on overnight, is this what you do?

i was thinking maybe it could be a good substitute (the overnight treat under plastic cap) if one doesn't have a steamer....no?

Haven't posted in a while, but I added amla oil to my DC and it left my hair feeling really soft !!!

I have a question which powders or oils leave your hair very soft and give hair strength ??

TIA !!!

what kind of conditioner do you mix it with?

does the powder dissolve easily when mixing it with conditioner?

Still doing my beloved Ayurveda! I make ALL my own products now teas, poo bars, DC, moisturisers, oils, butters. I'll post the 411 a bit later!

what kind of conditioner do you mix it with?

does the powder dissolve easily when mixing it with conditioner?

I use Aussie Moist or Suave Humectant and the powders MAKE it a dc. I have used Silicone mix, ORS, and Motions CPR in the jar. The powders don't necessary dissolve. They just turn to a paste. Beware they swell A LOT when wet so it only takes about a teaspoon of each. You want to use enough cond. till it's creamy and smooth. I do this on dry oiled hair.

ok ladies, looks like i've got some catching up to do, lol!

what's this news about a double tea rinse, flowinlocks? (hmmm, sounds yummy!)

and Shay72, how is this conditioner treat worked out? i know some ladies talk about leaving the powders/dc paste on overnight, is this what you do?

i was thinking maybe it could be a good substitute (the overnight treat under plastic cap) if one doesn't have a steamer....no?

Double tea
rinse

This explains why I do it.

Haven't posted in a while, but I added amla oil to my DC and it left my hair feeling really soft !!!

I have a question which powders or oils leave your hair very soft and give hair strength ??

TIA !!!

All of the powders and oils strengthen your hair.The softness depends on whether it's a cleansing powder or more of a cond. moisturizing powder. And how they are used, Maka/Brhingrak, Brahmi, Hisbicus make the hair extremely soft. However softness can be achieved AFTER using the cleansing powders as long as it's followed up with a dc.

So Aggie do you find it necessary to mix other powders with the kalpi tone? I know kalpi tone is a mixture of alot of them. Do you do that to add more uuuumph/strength?
I want to start using these and was planning on going with the kalpit tone.

Well kalpi tone can be used all on it's own but I did want to add more moisture (bhringraj) and strengthening (shikakai) ummph to it by adding the bhringraj and shikakai. I only added a tiny drop of shikakai however asit can be quite drying if I use too much. Amla powder helps to keep my hair dark so that is why I added a little bit of it in the mix.

yah! i'm so happy i did my paste yesterday....it's terrible to get lazy and out of the routine...but i'm getting back to my good ol' habits!:yep:

right now, (since i'm also getting back to my cw'ing habits) i'm sitting with a dc on under a cholesterol cap for a couple of hours, then i plan to cw that out and do a tea rinse.

so, the hot water is brewing for some marshmallow root herb and fenugreek seed powder which i plan to rinse through during my cw'ing in a few.....

Just mixed hibiscus,amla,brahmi, and bhringraj with amla oil in my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.

I use Aussie Moist or Suave Humectant and the powders MAKE it a dc. I have used Silicone mix, ORS, and Motions CPR in the jar. The powders don't necessary dissolve. They just turn to a paste. Beware they swell A LOT when wet so it only takes about a teaspoon of each. You want to use enough cond. till it's creamy and smooth. I do this on dry oiled hair.

so is it creamy like a perm? how long do you leave it on?

I did something nasty. Last week, I made a tea rinse for my hair. I don't know how this happened, but I FORGOT I made this mixture. So..I went out of town for 4 days.

My brother said when he got home, my pot was still there and my kitchen smelled like pooh..lol. I feel terrible. To think, I wasted good product like that!

Ronnieaj the acv rinse does sound yummy. I just ordered some from Hairveda. I have never mixed my teas with my cheapie cond. for cowashing. I'll have to try that. I usually just dc on top of my tea before I rinse it out.

I have to try that too! I think I'll do it today :grin:. I do have a recipe for the acv rinse, I'll post back with it.

Just poppin in to share another recipie. I liberally apply this the night before using the powders or lightly 30 min-1 hour before an aritha/shikaki co-wash. This always makes my hair feel ultra smooth and soft. The aloe vera smooths the cuticle, the hibiscus powder (due to its mucilaginous nature) softens the strands and aids in detangling, and the hemp seed oil provides wonderful shine and ceramide protection.

Ayurvedic Ceramide Pre-Poo

1/8 cup aloe vera juice or gel (use more or less depending on your hair length)
1/2 tsp hibiscus powder
1-2 tbsp of hempseed oil
5 drops rosemary essential oil (optional)

Don't remember if I mentioned it already, but I love this thread!

Just poppin in to share another recipie. I liberally apply this the night before using the powders or lightly 30 min-1 hour before an aritha/shikaki co-wash. This always makes my hair feel ultra smooth and soft. The aloe vera smooths the cuticle, the hibiscus powder (due to its mucilaginous nature) softens the strands and aids in detangling, and the hemp seed oil provides wonderful shine and ceramide protection.

1/2 tsp hibiscus powder
1-2 tbsp of hempseed oil

This sounds so good! I have so many great recipes to try out!

1/2 tsp hibiscus powder
1-2 tbsp of hempseed oil

Good receipe, I'm try this with one of my many oils in stock. I have to reup on hemp.

I got this email from Ekua.

She will be selling The herbs in bulk sizes!!

COMING SOON TO AYURNATURAL BEAUTY

In one more week, AyurNatural Beauty will sell herbs such as amla, brahmi, shikakai, reetha, bhringraj, kapur kachri, neem, manjistha, orange peel, multani mitti, tulsi, and premium rose petal powder as alternatives to the Hesh brand. I've had the opportunity to test the amla, brahmi, bhringraj and neem powders on my hair and was very pleased with the quality! These herbs are 100% pure and natural and free from any chemicals and additives! They are imported directly from India by us made especially for YOU!

I have grown weary of the Karishma Herbal Henna saga. Fortunately, many have found a wonderful substitute with the Godrej Nupur 9 Herbs Henna. Even with this, I've decided to begin offering a henna herbal treatment as an alternative to Karishma Herbal Henna. The stain and smoothness of this herbal henna is wonderful, but I will let you decide.

Additionally, thinking of those who just want pure conditioning, minus the color from henna, a cassia based herbal hair treatment is also joining the lineup of offerings. Made from cassia, plus 11 additional conditioning herbs such as amla, bhringraj, fenugreek, and kapur kachri!

Genuine reviews and feedback on the products will be appreciated!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!

Because many have requested it, clays will be added to our offerings by the end of October. Clays have been in the works for a while. However, it takes times to decide on a supplier who offers the best quality for a reasonable price. Most requested have been bentonite and rhassoul clays, so we will start there, with others to soon follow!

Back