August Hits and Misses!

Another Hit (and there will probably be more in the coming days, I's such a pj)

Roux Porosity Control conditioner

Hits:
Silicon mix conditioner
hairlox creme for keeping my hair moisturized when in a ponytail

Miss:
Elucence MB conditioner... i've tried this in almost every way possible with below average results

Hits:
Capilo Aloe Vera Conditioner
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

Revisited Hit:
Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner

No Misses

I haven't done this in a while so this includes a couple of months.

Hits:
Rollersets
Mesh Rollers
Ion Space Suit Hairdryer
NTM Hair Mask
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
ORS Hair Mayo
Wrapping Nightly
Wrapping with Saran Wrap after Rollersetting

Misses
Profectiv Healthy Ends - I think it's too much protein for me, made my ends drier

Jury Still Out:
Sedu Flat Iron - It could just be that my hair needs high heat to get super straight and stay that way. I guess I had hoped with a better flat iron that I could use lower heat. I've used it about 2 times now (fully, not just roots) so I need more time to see if it's the best.

Last edited:
HITS:
- QB Sidr Butter
- QB Alma & Olive Oil HEavy cream
- Weekly roller/wraps
- Mizani Nightime Intensive Hairdress ( I think that's the right name)

MISSES:
- Airdrying in a bun or ponytail (my hair used to like this, not anymore)

Hits:

John Frieda
Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner

Adding honey to my pre poo

Jury still out

Mane N Tail detangler

Hits:

Silk Elements Lye Relaxer
Silk Elements Mega Silk Intense Moisture Conditioner
WGO
ION Hood Dryer
ORS No More Flakes Scalp Treatment (has really helped my itchy scalp!)

Misses:

Mendex Split ends Treatment-didn't moisturize well for me
Millenium Mud Hair Treatment- didn't see a tremendous difference after using

Revisited:

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Treatment- good deep condtioner
ORS carrot oil- good on my ends

Product I'm trying next month: Paul Mitchell's the Detangler- the generic Sally's version

Hits: WGO (on hair-not scalp)- I actually like the smell :look:
Hello Hydration conditioner- It helps w/detangling and it smells good-but it has cones. My Elucence still wins hands down.

Misses-Long Lovely Locks Curly Custard. The smell was awful.
Wash & Gos
Conditioner washes

Last edited:
hairlove said:
I haven't done this in a while so this includes a couple of months.

Hits:
Rollersets
Mesh Rollers
Ion Space Suit Hairdryer
NTM Hair Mask
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
ORS Hair Mayo
Wrapping Nightly
Wrapping with Saran Wrap after Rollersetting

Misses
Profectiv Healthy Ends - I think it's too much protein for me, made my ends drier

Jury Still Out:
Sedu Flat Iron - It could just be that my hair needs high heat to get super straight and stay that way. I guess I had hoped with a better flat iron that I could use lower heat. I've used it about 2 times now (fully, not just roots) so I need more time to see if it's the best.

Did you find it hard to fit over your rollers? What roller size did you use? Do you think it would work with flexi rods?

MissFallon said:
Hits:
Sunsilk De-Frizz 24/7 Cream-Makes my ng straighter
Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Cream-keeps my rollersets moisturized
Jam Gel mixed with the above 2 items- Makes me look like i just had a fresh relaxer and I'm almost 5 months post.

Misses:
Sunsilk Anti-Esponja: Not sure what its supposed to do but I'm pretty sure it didn't do it.

Verdict's Still Out:
Sunsilk Hydra TLC Mask-Made my hair nice when used b4 the leave-in creams and after my cholesterol mix. Can't use it alone though, doesn't provide a lot of slip (even with the oils mixed in)

Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion-It detangled and moisturized but so does my other products. Nothing special. Too watery. Will try with a rollerset and see what happens.
I noticed the same thing about the de-frizz cream. It made my curls have less shrinkage. I really love it.

Hairsisters.com afro puff pony! It looks so dry and there is no room for me to fit my real hair in there. Who in da hale manufactured this?!:mad:

Hits:
Silk Elements Reg. Lye Relaxer
Qhemet Alma heavy cream
Qhemet Olive Detangling lotion
ORS Carrot Oil
Proclaim Neutralizing shampoo

Miss:

QB's Honey Bush hair gel-didnt' do anything for me

Verdict is still out on QB's Grapeseed Pomade.

Hits:
Motions Moisture plus after shampoo conditioner--:love: that's all I'm gonna say about that!!!
Queen Helene's Jojoboa oil--Sealing moisture with a silky shine and feel
Sunsilks HydraTLC 24/7 creme--Used my 3yr old as a guinea pig, her hair loved it. I'm excited for tommorrow mornings co-wash.

Misses:
None

Revisits:
None

HITS
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
NTM Serum
NTM Shampoo and Conditioner
VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo (I think thats what its called)

MISSES
Lustrasilk Mango/Shea Cholesterol - I like the LeKair Shea Cholesterol better. This one didn't seem creamy to me. It didn't do much for my hair.
Aphogee Treatment - it smelled horrible and I didn't like how it made my hair hard. Afterwards I had more tangles than usual. Won't be using it again.

Last edited:
santia said:
Hits:
Motions Moisture plus after shampoo conditioner--:love: that's all I'm gonna say about that!!!
Queen Helene's Jojoboa oil--Sealing moisture with a silky shine and feel
Sunsilks HydraTLC 24/7 creme--Used my 3yr old as a guinea pig, her hair loved it. I'm excited for tommorrow mornings co-wash.

Misses:
None

Revisits:
None
Girl that Motions is the bomb! I am still dancing in circles about finding the 5 lb tub!:D

atlien11 said:
HITS:
1. Baking Soda to whiten teeth :D <----Atlien11's Smile. Try this if you havent heard already.
2. Kiss My Face Liquid Crystal Deodorant - instead of aluminum based ones. This one actually works!!
3. Working out - Great body (Arms/Legs getting toned and my butt is getting bigger :grin:) + hair growth
4. Wigs as a protective style. :cool: Now i see how the guys grow their hair out with cornrows.
5. Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo + Brilliant Damage control - This combo keeps my scalp clean and conditioned. Plus, I love the scent of Aveda
6. Giovanni Hair Care Vitapro Fusion - i am using this as braid spray. its kept my hair soft while in cornrows.

MISSES
1. Aveda Foaming Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser + Lotion - Made my skin oily :confused:

Atlien, where do you get the kiss my face deodorant? I have been wanting to try this. I am in love with the olive chamomile soap!

Hits: 1. Transitioning! I love the feel of my natural hair. I usually wear it up with a surgery cap on, so I can't have hair-in-hand disease at work. But when I get home, it is on! I can't wait to get a little more before I give the permed hair the ol' heave-ho.
2. S-curl mixed with a little Kemi Oyl. Nothing-and I mean nothing-makes my new growth softer than this. I use it only on the new growth twice a week since it can get greasy if you become out of control with its use. A little goes a long way.
3. Nioxin/Viviscal vitamin regimen. Since I have begun the combo, my hair has taken off. So has the hair on my legs, my lip, etc...:perplexed
4. Lots and Lots of H20 mixed with MSM in the AM.

Misses: Qhemet detangling solution. It wasn't enough for my hair. It didn't detangle and my hair was crispy the next day. Luckily I only got the trial size, so that will have to go to the side for now.

On the Fence: Qhemet Amla Cream. I have used it as a daily hair dressing and it's ok. I am going to try it on wet hair and see if it does any better.

To Try Next: Elasta QP DPR-11 conditioner and Elasta leave-in conditioner. I have read good things about these products, so I'm off to try them this weekend.

miracle said:
Hits:
Capilo Aloe Vera Conditioner
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

Revisited Hit:
Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner

No Misses

Undecided:
Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Treatment
Nacidit Avocado Conditioner

miracle said:
Undecided:
Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Treatment
Nacidit Avocado Conditioner

Are you talking about the leave-in cream in the jar? How was it? My Sally's has been out of stock on this for the longest time. :ohwell:

Miss: Sebastians colourshines in ginger- I don't see any difference or intensity in color. :(

On the fence:

BBD Stretch- I love the smell (fruity candy) and it does soften my hair, but I think I have to use it more to get the effect of more elasticity. I don't think it's worth the price tag.

BBD Glass- I love the smell (tropical). It smells wayyy better than the pudding and works better for some reason than the pudding. I wish I had a proper hair cut so I could use it more, bu for the test run secion of hair, my curl was elongated and defined.

Hairtopia Vitamins are a hit {I *think* :look:}...it has been a little under a month and I've already seen some thick newgrowth at the roots. My hair was not straightened but I can tell where the new growth begins and ends...I ordered my second month supply already :).

HITS

Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler (will order biggest size)
Long Lovely Locks Choco-Coco Hair Butter
Long Lovely Locks Baby Buttercream

MISSES

None

Deva care low poo. I got soft, frizz free curls after using it.:love:
Herbal Essences hello hydration moisturizing conditioner. This stuff is amazing!!:love:

Herbal Essences color me happy conditioner for color-treated hair.
It smells just like the old formula. It gave me the same softness I get from the Hello hydration conditioner.
Citre Shine miracle extra strength anti-frizz serum. I didn't expect this to work better than Fantasia or NTM serum.
Curly Q's moist curls moisturizer. This is the kiddies version to Curls Line. I read the ingredients and they were the same but the Curly Q's was cheaper. So far so good. I just use it for the first time today and my curls are more defined.
Herbal Essences break's over strenghtening conditioner. Another hit!!
Herbal Essences totally twisted curl boosting mousse. This is the best mousse I have used so far. It doesn't make my hair crunchy but soft with shiny defined curls.:love:
Sunsilk De-frizz conditioner. I am going to try it alone for cowashing next week. Today I used it along with the HE break's over strengthening conditioner for deep conditioner and my hair is very moistuized and shiny.
Vo5 moisture milks passion fruit smoothie shampoo. I wanted to try the conditioner for cowashing but it came with the shampoo as a package so I just used it as a clariying shampoo.

La Bella Los Caballos conditioner.
The smells reminds me of Nexxus Humectress. (coconuts). It works just as good as Mane and Tail or better.

Misses:
None

Undecided:
Herbal Essences none of your frizzness smoothing conditioner. It didn't make my hair as moisturized and soft like Hello hydration and Color me happy.

Hits: :yay:

Qhemet Alma heavy cream
Qhemet Olive Detangling lotion
Curl Junkie CoffeeCoco Curl Creme
Curl Junkie Olive Pomade

Hits:
Tresemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing poo
Motions Nourish Leave-In

Misses:
None yet

Bought but Haven't tried:
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex
Motions Oil Moisturizer
Motions Moisture Plus

Priestess said:
Are you talking about the leave-in cream in the jar? How was it? My Sally's has been out of stock on this for the longest time. :ohwell:

That's the one!!! It's a pretty good leave-in. For a cream, it isn't too thick or heavy and dosen't leave any residue. My hair dosen't quite seem as soft and shiny as it usually is when I use my staple Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, but it definitely isn't hard or crunchy, either. I rollerset my hair, and it has good body and movement, but I think I'm going to stick with the Cantu. My hair seems to like that one best. HTH!! :)

Definate Hit: ApHogee Intensive Keratin Treatment (Only protien I've ever used that leaves your hair soft, silky, and slippy...it's awesome!)

Big Miss: JOICO K-PAK Moisture....:ban: can you say brillo pad? Why can't we PJs just stick with what we know works?

Chayil

Back