August 2016: Hits & Misses

Miss: this fenugreek powder not rinsing out. I cowashed...didn't get it out. I shampooed TWICE...didn't get it out. I cowashed AGAIN...didn't get it out. Water rinsed for about 10 minutes...STILL. DID. NOT. GET. IT. OUT.
I gave up and roller set this head with chunks of fenugreek powder still in it, thinking once my hair is straightish the chunks will slide right out. WRONG. I picked what I could out and put my hair in two bantu knots and opened a bottle of wine. *** it. (I work nights so i drink in the morning....and also evenings:look: )

Miss: this fenugreek powder not rinsing out. I cowashed...didn't get it out. I shampooed TWICE...didn't get it out. I cowashed AGAIN...didn't get it out. Water rinsed for about 10 minutes...STILL. DID. NOT. GET. IT. OUT.
I gave up and roller set this head with chunks of fenugreek powder still in it, thinking once my hair is straightish the chunks will slide right out. WRONG. I picked what I could out and put my hair in two bantu knots and opened a bottle of wine. *** it. (I work nights so i drink in the morning....and also evenings:look: )
Im sorry but I laughed, LOL

Hits:
Oui.dad Curl Immersion Cowash Cleanser. Got a 2.75oz sample from Curlfest. I tried on my son thinking it would work better on his corkscrews. So last night, I washed because I sealed with gel the day before and I hate the feeling. O.M.G. About to use my pass asap. That stuff is goodt!!!!! That gel felt completely gone, but my hair felt good. Used some Aussie Moist after and sealed with KeraVada oil (discontinued) and my hair shrunk like a mug, but its sooooooooooo soft!!!!! Apparently, this line for us..... Im going to finish the sample, but I was happy I didnt need alot.

Sunday washed and layered APB Cherry and Kukui with SM Curling Souffle and Castor Oil. It was hard at first but as the weather got more humid, it softened up. I will try to keep up with Castor Oil in the fall.

Hits:
Oui.dad Curl Immersion Cowash Cleanser. Got a 2.75oz sample from Curlfest. I tried on my son thinking it would work better on his corkscrews. So last night, I washed because I sealed with gel the day before and I hate the feeling. O.M.G. About to use my pass asap. That stuff is goodt!!!!! That gel felt completely gone, but my hair felt good. Used some Aussie Moist after and sealed with KeraVada oil (discontinued) and my hair shrunk like a mug, but its sooooooooooo soft!!!!! Apparently, this line for us..... Im going to finish the sample, but I was happy I didnt need alot.

Sunday washed and layered APB Cherry and Kukui with SM Curling Souffle and Castor Oil. It was hard at first but as the weather got more humid, it softened up. I will try to keep up with Castor Oil in the fall.

Hummmm...:curtain:

Ok, so between devacurl, Camille rose ginger rinse and the ouidad, which one wins and why? I'm asking for a friend :look:

@AgeinATL

DevaCurl is good because you can use it more often. It really is low poo, but you it has little slip. Even though I'm using clay, I'm still keeping it for back up.

CRN is ok and I'm surprised an opaque shampoo worked on my hair, but it is a tad stripping. Once a week is its limit. You know I'm still mad this sh....stuff is shampoo right? I liked it but knew I would never repurchase because of that. My feelings were really hurt.

The Oui.dad is good, but I only like it as a cowash. Even though clay is safe, I don't trust it for more than weekly use. It is very moisturizing. Slip could have been better, but it's still decent to good. I'm willing to pay $32 OTG and $25 via Ama.zon for it. Even though I think I used a bit, I used t already on my son and myself and still have left of a 2.75oz sample. I need to do more research though.

@Saludable84 @AgeinATL
I use DevaCurl No Poo and consider it a staple. Have not tried the Low-Poo or Decadence Line.

I think CJ Daily Fix is equally as nice. And beweave it or not DB Daily Cleansing Conditioner is also good.

Really, interested in O-uidad. They have an Oil Rinse (or something like that) that gets really good reviews.

I still have no poo. It was good when I tried it.

Miss: Trying new products from my HH stash and falling in love with them. :cry3:

Also a miss: Suave Essentials conditioners. I need to pay attention next time I'm stocking up on Suave Naturals. They are not created equal.

Hits:

Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk Conditioner - this is a nice conditioner. My hair was nicely moisturized, soft, not weighed down and stayed that way until I washed again days later. Detangled well in the shower also.

Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner - same as the Alba. Soft, thoroughly moisturized hair that was soft and not weighed down. The only thing was it didn't detangle as well in the shower but it was still sufficient.

Meh:

Suave Humectant Moisture Conditioner - wasn't bad but it wasn't "good" either. For the price it's actually nice and it detangles really, really well in the shower. Like it hits your hair and instant slippage/softness. And when you rinse it out your hair still feels very soft and nicely detangled. When I dried my hair it felt fine but not as great as the other two mentioned above. I'll have to see how it holds up over the next few days. Again, not really "good" but I won't kick it out of bed either :lol:

Another hit is "portion" control when it comes to my conditioners. I used to be heavy handed but I'm finding the value in putting just enough in my hair to get the job done. Especially with salon conditioners where you don't need to use as much. I think what was weighing my hair down in the past is that I'd put a lot of conditioner in my hair and only a certain amount would absorb, the rest would sit and even though I thoroughly rinsed there was probably a lot left behind because I was so heavy handed. I'm not using as much now and still getting great results with conditioners that work for me. Plus they'll last longer because I'm getting more uses.

Very tentative hit:
The Original Moxie Hold Up gel (I have a sample bottle . . . picture of my wash-and-go with it is here in post #2632): https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/fall-winter-wash-n-go-challenge.740985/page-88)

Next time I'll section and rake with this instead of applying just in quadrants and scrunching, since I know now that I'm liking the gel's performance.

Hit:
Shea Moisture Hibiscus line body wash (smells good, great ingredients, moderately moisturizing)

Tentative "meh" (so glad I purchased only samples!):
The Original Moxie sulfate free shampoo, RO conditioner, and LI conditioner

I've only used these once, but I'm 91% sure they aren't worth the price tag. Nothing special that can't be purchased for less. For the price, dollars better spent elsewhere, I'll tentatively say. I have maybe 3 or 4 uses left and will verify.​

Very tentative hit:
The Original Moxie Hold Up gel (I have a sample bottle . . . picture of my wash-and-go with it is here in post #2632): https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/fall-winter-wash-n-go-challenge.740985/page-88)

Next time I'll section and rake with this instead of applying just in quadrants and scrunching, since I know now that I'm liking the gel's performance.

Hit:
Shea Moisture Hibiscus line body wash (smells good, great ingredients, moderately moisturizing)

Tentative "meh" (so glad I purchased only samples!):
The Original Moxie sulfate free shampoo, RO conditioner, and LI conditioner

I've only used these once, but I'm 91% sure they aren't worth the price tag. Nothing special that can't be purchased for less. For the price, dollars better spent elsewhere, I'll tentatively say. I have maybe 3 or 4 uses left and will verify.​

Update:
Hubby says this gel is giving me frizzy roots. It could be technique. I'll work with it more.

Back