August 2007 Hits & Misses

Nexxus Humetress!!! Instant staple

now I know what all the rave is about and it's well worth 16.99 at sally's

no misses

HIT: Better Braids Medicated Unbraid - This product is great and really made removal of my braids very easy. My hair was soft and moisturized, too.

MISS: Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Anti-Breakage Braid Release :nono: This stuff needs to be labeled as just a braid spray. It was horrible at releasing braids, as it claims. I used it on 3 or 4 braids and not only did it help, but my hair did not feel as soft and moisturized as when I use Better Braid's Unbraid.

These have been on clearance at Giant grocery stores. 50% off Ladies. Actually many of the salon products.

I grabbed a lot of yummy products - Dumb Blonde reconstructor, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny treatment, Biolage Ultra Moisturizing Balm and more.
Do they have an online store? I live in Cali...there's no Giant grocery stores out here....:sad:

Hit: Sidr Tree Butter Balm, Mizani Moisturfuse
Mises: Giovanni Direct Leave-in

What will I do without the Sidr Tree Butter Balm. I can't wait for the replacement. I hope this recipe is as good as the first one.

I know, I know. Everyone always raves about these two and I am just now trying them. So...

HITS

ORS Replenishing Pack - nice slip, nice moisture. Definite keeper :grin:

Dove Moisture Mist - just what I need right now. Excellent product! Love the smell, too!!! Another keeper!!! :yep:

Oh, and thanks to Letitia...

Sunsilk Anti Caida 24/7 creme - the Hydra TLC is sometimes too moisturizing for me, but this one is just perfect. Thanks, Tee!!

yw. I am so glad it worked out for you!!!

Cupcake.....let me know as soon as you try out the red color. I hope to try the colorwash soon. Did you get lots of shine from the clear??

Miss :nono:
Nature's Plus NutriGlow Liquid with MSM= :barf:

I am not sure how well this liquid supplement promotes hair growth but it is TOO SWEET! I do not believe I will take it any longer to find out. While I am sure the taste is pleasant for some, it is not pleasant at all for me. It makes me feel nauseous after taking it...the sweet cherry vanilla flavor is a big turn-off. I tried diluting it with orange juice (bearable) and my lemon-fortified carrot juice (almost *unbearable*)...I have tried downing water after taking it as well...it is just so nauseatingly sweet.

Back to *popping* the hair growth pills (Hairtopia...they work so well..why did I ever stop? Oh my *little break* from them and the cost factor :()...and $24 down the drain. :ohwell:

Last edited:
HIT

Blended Beauty Cleansing Conditioner - I love their products. This conditioner made my hair soft, silky, and detangled. Very nice results. I am using it for the 4th time as I type and it is a keeper!!! Love it :lick:

MISS

Profectiv Damage Free 2phase leave in - I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish with this one. If the goal was 'nothing', well, job well done then.

WAITING TO TRY

The Body Shop Coconut Shine
Design Essentials Gentle Cleansing shampoo
DE Stimulations Super Moisturizing conditioner

Hit: Sunsilk Hydra TLC leave in: made my ng lay down and smoothed my ends wonderfully. A must for stretching.

HIT

WAITING TO TRY

The Body Shop Coconut Shine

I swear this is piquing my curiosity....:scratchch

ETA: I also would like to thank the poster who stated that they combined Jason's Biotin Shampoo with Castor Oil... *HIT*

well, I took it a bit further by adding diluted CON poo....

I think I have found my shampoo combo. :love:

The only other poo I may try out is the AVEDA Brilliant, but I think I'm done as far as shampoo goes. It took a minute.

Last edited:
HIT

Blended Beauty Cleansing Conditioner - I love their products. This conditioner made my hair soft, silky, and detangled. Very nice results. I am using it for the 4th time as I type and it is a keeper!!! Love it :lick:

Yeah :up: that stuff is NICE!!! :yep:

Im loving Dove sheer moisture mist!!! Its making my natural fro really easy to comb through with dry hair, no breakage:grin:

HIT:

Flexi-8 Clips.

I love how the small one puts my shoulder length hair in a nice low pony that is not too tight.

I want more of these things!! With school starting and things getting busy, these things will be my life savers!

Miss :nono:
Nature's Plus NutriGlow Liquid with MSM= :barf:

I am not sure how well this liquid supplement promotes hair growth but it is TOO SWEET! I do not believe I will take it any longer to find out. While I am sure the taste is pleasant for some, it is not pleasant at all for me. It makes me feel nauseous after taking it...the sweet cherry vanilla flavor is a big turn-off. I tried diluting it with orange juice (bearable) and my lemon-fortified carrot juice (almost *unbearable*)...I have tried downing water after taking it as well...it is just so nauseatingly sweet.

Back to *popping* the hair growth pills (Hairtopia...they work so well..why did I ever stop? Oh my *little break* from them and the cost factor :()...and $24 down the drain. :ohwell:
I also got nauseous from this liquid vitamin and I will stick with Miracle 2000.
I bought it on sale 2 bottle for $15.

HIT:

Flexi-8 Clips.

I love how the small one puts my shoulder length hair in a nice low pony that is not too tight.

I want more of these things!! With school starting and things getting busy, these things will be my life savers!

YES, I love these. I have one on my bun right now.

HIT

Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment

Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream

Los Caballos Dominican Shampoo

ORS Lock and Twist Gel

MISS

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding - This made my hair a dry frizzy bushy mess

The Clear Fantasia Gel - It just isn't as great as the blue one to me

Last edited:
Hits::bouncegre
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
White Rain Tropical Coconut Conditioner for CW
Biolage Conditioning Balm

Undecided::ohwell:
Miss Jessie's Buttercreme

Miss:

-Loreal Nutri Gloss Conditioning Treatment (in the pink bottle)
-Silicon Mix
-LacioLacio
-Mizani Rose Moisturizer
-Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum

Hit:

-Carusos
-Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops

HIT:

Flexi-8 Clips.

YES, I love these. I have one on my bun right now.

Me three!! I got mine on Saturday and fell in love with it!! I've been using it everyday since, I got it. I'm looking forward to buying more of these hair toys!

I also got nauseous from this liquid vitamin and I will stick with Miracle 2000.
I bought it on sale 2 bottle for $15.

Hmm...so it's not just me. I only bought it because another member suggested it in a thread...and I was curious to try something new...and it's liquid with tons of biotin in it, I thought hmm...okay this must be pretty good, lol. Um, no...it's so disgusting. It's still sitting in the fridge...ready to pour down the drain. About that Miracle 2000, it's on sale huh? To be honest, I don't think I'm going to try another liquid supplement (some are okay but bitter...I prefer bitter over nauseatingly sweet though) and others were just too disgusting like this one and a liquid calcium supplement I tried once. :barf: The latter didn't make me feel nauseated like that darn Nutri-Glow though. :nono:

HIT

Getting three packs from Amazon of Pantene RN BD mask. It's cheaper for me and I get free shipping. I got some Sunsilk Antipoof also. I like it!!!!:grin:

Hits:
Hype Hair Satin Covered Foam Rollers

Hype Hair Soft Bristled Hair Brush

Affirm Lye Relaxer w/Fiberguard (Regular Strength)

No Misses

Hit!

Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
:cloud9:- This deep conditioner is awesome! It made my hair very, soft. I'm 9 weeks post and my new growth is also softer than ever. I am very impressed:infatuated:.

HIT!!!!
Vegetable Glycerine!!! I like to wayyyy better than castor oil. It applies better and soften and holds moisture better than castor oil (JMO). I still will use the castor oil, for it thickening properties. Im still investigating to see if really thickens.

Back