August 2007 Hits & Misses

I really think this product is what I am looking for. I am kinda in between creamy leave-in right now, since my favorite was discontinued. I have a few I have been testing out, but nothing has really given me fireworks.

I just don't like the way the Redken All Soft Conditioner smells, so I assumed this one smelled the same way.

I'm sitting here smelling the Velvet Whip and the Conditioner, trying to compare...it seems like the Whip has a bit more of a coconut scent than the conditioner but they are very similar.

Revisited Hits:

Vitapointe Cream Hairdress (it was just ok on my relaxed hair but my natural hair loves a dime-size amount)
Palmer's Hair Success Yes, it has mineral oil but my hair adores it and stays moisturized for days after applying to wet/damp hair

New Products I'm buying this weekend: Colorshines or Colorshowers, Aveda DR Conditioner, Giovanni Direct leave in and my first denman :spinning: I will be up early tomorrow to feed the PJ in me after my workout and manicure. :yawn:

Cupcake...You are going on a shopping spree. (I want to try the colorshines also!! Are you ordering off the net? La flaca sent me a site before but I cant find it :( )

HoneyDew, I will let you know. :yep:

Hits:
-Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner- my hair is nice and soft after using this. It's a keeper

On the fence:
-Sunsilk Hydra TLC Mask- feels nice and slippery during the rinse, but lacks the moisture my hair craves, which was the reason I purchased it. It actually feels more like a protein treatment. I don't think I'll repurchase.

HUGE HIT: Toque Emergencia - I can't believe I had this sitting under the sink for months and never tried it. My airdried hair looks and feels like wavy black silk. Love it!

I have been eyeing this for a good month now ! I am sooooo going to definitely order this ! :yep:

:up: Hit: Hemp Seed Butter.....that stuff is AMAZING!!! :love: My pincurls looked fantastic when I use it....I'll definitely be re-purchasing!! :yep: A butter with that consistency is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!!!

:ohwell: On the fence: Avocado Butter, my wet hair doesn't like it at all :nono: my flatironed hair likes it but it seemed a bit oily :perplexed I'm going to try it on my daughter's hair and see if it works for her.

:down: Misses: None at the moment, but if I can't get the Avocado Butter to work for me soon.....

*Just stepping in to say to Tee and Priestess.....thank you for the go ahead on the Sunsilk Straight Up Creme....I already know...the hair likey...:yep: this will be added to the arsenal.

*I also fear that now after having the Pantend BD Mask whip it on me...that Aveda...may make me her b****, I'm either gonna be working a pole or doing overtime for this particular fix over the course of the next year. I will be looking for gift certificates or straight up cash for my fix...

*Just stepping in to say to Tee and Priestess.....thank you for the go ahead on the Sunsilk Straight Up Creme....I already know...the hair likey...:yep: this will be added to the arsenal.

*I also fear that now after having the Pantend BD Mask whip it on me...that Aveda...may make me her b****, I'm either gonna be working a pole or doing overtime for this particular fix over the course of the next year. I will be looking for gift certificates or straight up cash for my fix...

Yay, I'm glad it worked for you Mona. The money you save on Sunsilk you can put toward your Aveda fund. :yep:

Hits:

Clairol Herbal Essense leave-in conditioner - (with primrose, anjelica and marigold) I have been raving about the Ojon for about five weeks now, but honestly this stuff is almost as amazing. I sprayed some on after a co-wash last night and put a bit of my kapangnan butter mix (I did not use the End All because I am off work until Monday, so was saving the good stuff, smile.) and honestly my hair feels just like when I use the Ojon and seal with the End All. It is soft and moist and just feels amazing. I am up here at 4:00 in the morning just loving the feel of my hair. I have taken it down twice already just to feel it. It is a discontinued product and I believe I only saw the one at Big Lots, but I am going back to make sure because I was in a hurry and just bought it on a whim. It was $2.30. It does not automatically melt the tangles and knots on contact, though, like the Ojon, but it is truly amazing stuff and I will be on the hunt for more.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist - very nice, too.

Eqyss/Premier natural botanical rehydrant spray - has moved down on the list after the Ojon and those mentioned above, but still a great leave-in and moisturizer; I did dilute with a bit of distilled water to cut down on the occasional tackiness if I use too much.

(I had no luck with liquid leave-ins at all -- and I had tried about 15 of them at least over the last three years --before trying the Ojon in early July and now I have found four products that work well for me in the last few weeks. Go figure!)

Proclaim Olive glossing conditioner - from Sally's

On the Fence

SalonCare Wild Cherry conditoner - I love products with wild cherry bark extract, but this was only so-so...will add castor oil to it to kick it up a notch

In the Bullpen

Vital Plus herbal organics conditioner with trico-silk complex, jojoba, vitamin E, spring water, rosehips

No Misses

Hits:

Red Palm Butter

Pureology Reconstruct Repair

The Detangler - Paul Mitchell

Pureology SuperStraight Poo & Con

Misses:

N/A:grin:

HIT: Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing conditioner.

I've had a packet sitting on a shelf for months now and finally used this after using Aphogee for the 1st time (another HIT btw). My hair was so soft yet strong. I'd used it again for sure! :yep:

Hits:

Clairol Herbal Essense leave-in conditioner - (with primrose, anjelica and marigold) I have been raving about the Ojon for about five weeks now, but honestly this stuff is almost as amazing. I sprayed some on after a co-wash last night and put a bit of my kapangnan butter mix (I did not use the End All because I am off work until Monday, so was saving the good stuff, smile.) and honestly my hair feels just like when I use the Ojon and seal with the End All. It is soft and moist and just feels amazing. I am up here at 4:00 in the morning just loving the feel of my hair. I have taken it down twice already just to feel it. It is a discontinued product and I believe I only saw the one at Big Lots, but I am going back to make sure because I was in a hurry and just bought it on a whim. It was $2.30. It does not automatically melt the tangles and knots on contact, though, like the Ojon, but it is truly amazing stuff and I will be on the hunt for more.

I bought some of this from Big Lots. I use it on my braids. Makes them smell very nice. It is not as moisturizing to my NG as other sprays I own, but it is nice for making them smell nice! :) I think I might try it on my hair without the braids.

The smell is very nice. I love products that work and smell good. I am loving this stuff. My hair feels so nice.

The smell is very nice. I love products that work and smell good. I am loving this stuff. My hair feels so nice.

I went back there and got 2 more bottles. They always discontinue the good stuff!

I like the spray top, too. It is very precise and allows a lot of the conditioner to get to the hair at one time.

I sprayed my braids with that one night before tying my hair down and going to bed.

I smelled it every now and then all the next day. :grin:

HIT: I reported this one before, but it is still amazing me.

LENZI'S REQUEST OIL
This stuff is very stimulating. I have been doing scalp massages every other day. The day after my massages, my scalp is feels so tingly! :grin: I don't know if it is the massage or the oil, but whatever it is I am happy! I stopped using growth aids but this product seems to be a good choice for me. I feel like I am actually giving my scalp and hair beneficial treatment - any added growth will be a added benefit that I wil not complain about.

Hits:

Red Palm Butter

Pureology Reconstruct Repair

The Detangler - Paul Mitchell

Pureology SuperStraight Poo & Con

Misses:

N/A:grin:

These have been on clearance at Giant grocery stores. 50% off Ladies. Actually many of the salon products.

I grabbed a lot of yummy products - Dumb Blonde reconstructor, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny treatment, Biolage Ultra Moisturizing Balm and more.

Hits:

Eqyss/Premier natural botanical rehydrant spray - has moved down on the list after the Ojon and those mentioned above, but still a great leave-in and moisturizer; I did dilute with a bit of distilled water to cut down on the occasional tackiness if I use too much.

(I had no luck with liquid leave-ins at all -- and I had tried about 15 of them at least over the last three years --before trying the Ojon in early July and now I have found four products that work well for me in the last few weeks. Go figure!)

On the Fence

SalonCare Wild Cherry conditoner - I love products with wild cherry bark extract, but this was only so-so...will add castor oil to it to kick it up a notch

In the Bullpen

Vital Plus herbal organics conditioner with trico-silk complex, jojoba, vitamin E, spring water, rosehips

No Misses

Hi ADW!

Which Ojon product are you referring to?

Hits:

On the Fence

In the Bullpen

No Misses

Which Ojon product are your referring to? I'm interested in trying it. Is it the regular deep treatment that comes in the jar.

Hits:

Capilo Suelo y canela rinse - detangles excellently and I love:infatuated: its cinnamony smell

Lacio Lacio - really don't know what took me so long to jump on this bandwagon

Castor Oil

Misses:

None so far. I research LHCF extensively before I buy anything...so far so good!

Hit:
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask! I don't know what took me so long to try this stuff!
Hit: Prepooing with EVOO and conditioner mixed! :up:
Double Hit: WRTC! :love:

Last edited:
I know, I know. Everyone always raves about these two and I am just now trying them. So...

HITS

ORS Replenishing Pack - nice slip, nice moisture. Definite keeper :grin:

Dove Moisture Mist - just what I need right now. Excellent product! Love the smell, too!!! Another keeper!!! :yep:

Oh, and thanks to Letitia...

Sunsilk Anti Caida 24/7 creme - the Hydra TLC is sometimes too moisturizing for me, but this one is just perfect. Thanks, Tee!!

Hit:
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask! I don't know what took me so long to try this stuff!
Hit: Prepooing with EVOO and conditioner mixed! :up:
Double Hit: WRTC! :love:

*Looks like me and you are gonna be hair cousins at this rate... :lol:*

Priestess said:
Yay, I'm glad it worked for you Mona. The money you save on Sunsilk you can put toward your Aveda fund. :yep:

I like the way you think chica... ;)

My hair has absolutely been loving the WRTC, Pantene BD, Aveda DR/Brilliant combo....Suela y Canela and ORS Hair Mayo, as a pre-poo on dry hair...

I don't even wear my hair straight anymore and my head seems to like it and I get so many more hair compliments now rocking braidouts/wearing it curly -

That Sunsilk is definitely good stuff as well!!

It's been a good (pretty much no heat) hair month :grin:

Miss - Being a PJ. :nono: My hair doesnt like all the constant change in products, my budget hates me and my sinks are too crowded. Heading over to the product exchange forum...... :spinning:

Itsy and HotPepper: I am referring to the Ojon revitalizing mist. It is quite a miraculous product for my hair. It detangles my hair as soon as the mist hits it and it leaves it very soft and moisturized. I have probably mentioned it in at least 10 posts over the last few weeks. I also use it often and the 16 ounce bottle is only about 3/4 of an inch down so a little goes a long way. It will last several months which is good because it is $45.00 with tax and shipping from QVC.

Itsy and HotPepper: I am referring to the Ojon revitalizing mist. It is quite a miraculous product for my hair. It detangles my hair as soon as the mist hits it and it leaves it very soft and moisturized. I have probably mentioned it in at least 10 posts over the last few weeks. I also use it often and the 16 ounce bottle is only about 3/4 of an inch down so a little goes a long way. It will last several months which is good because it is $45.00 with tax and shipping from QVC.
Thanks ADW! I have the little bottle that came with my OJON set from QVC. I think I may have used it once or twice. I will definetly revisit this. Do you think it can be used for a rollerset?

Hey Letitia :wave:

A member here neenee, gave me the address to a local store who carries it. I used the clear this time because I was too chicken but it came out great! I'm building up to getting the red :blush:
Cupcake...You are going on a shopping spree. (I want to try the colorshines also!! Are you ordering off the net? La flaca sent me a site before but I cant find it :( )

HoneyDew, I will let you know. :yep:

Back