Attractive but not your Type

lushcoils

When you say someone is attractive but not your type, what do you mean? Can you provide visual examples of attractive not your type vs attractive your type? Would you still date guys that are attractive but not your type? Do you use this statement when talking about guy's personalities too?

I see this statement often, but it is puzzling to me. Maybe it's just me, but for me to find a man attractive, he has to be my type physically. :lol: It probably also helps that my type isn't just one specific look, although I do prefer certain personality types.

Although if he wasn't my type originally and I fall for his personality, I could probably start seeing him as attractive. So maybe then I could say he's attractive, but not my type? Idk.

I think people say "attractive, but not my type" when they are talking about personality/ other attribute as you've stated. I've met plenty of guys who were nice looking to me but weren't thinkers, hence they were attractive but not my type.

Biracial (any mixture) doesn't usually do it for me as an example.

Yet I can still see a mixed guy and see that he has nice features, good body, decent personality. Fact still remains the guy may not do anything, or enough for me and is not my type.

Biracial (any mixture) doesn't usually do it for me as an example.

Yet I can still see a mixed guy and see that he has nice features, good body, decent personality. Fact still remains the guy may not do anything, or enough for me and is not my type.

:confused: You mean ALL biracial men aren't your type? Of all mixtures? Or do you just mean light skin/curly hair, etc? Like...a dark skinned/4b hair black guy who's biracial is included in this?

Brad Pitt and Shemar Moore come to mind. i think they are both very attractive men but they do absolutely nothing for me.:nono: finding someone attractive and being attracted to them are different things imo.

i would still give a guy a chance if he was cute but not my type of cute. if he had a good personality, i'm sure i'd eventually become attracted to him.

Ive never found white men to be my type You could look like brad pitt but just doesn't do it for me Its just a perference not everyone is attacted to everything.

Shemar Moore/Boris Kodjoe types.

I can appreciate that they are attractive but they do nothing for me.

My type: Idris Elba, Morris Chestnut, etc.
Handsome but not my type: Brad Pitt, Drake, Shemar Moore, Blair Underwood.
It's like you can "see" the person is good looking, you can understand how others find them attractive but they just don't do it for you like at all.

Chris Brown and Trey Songs. They are very handsome but they do absolutely nothing for me. I like em handsome but a little rough around the edges

I find beauty in most men but here's my list, regardless of nationality.

Black men - not my type

White American men - sort of my type; but really don't want them

Foreign white men - more my type (English/Australia/Italian).

Please understand, I am not blind or dead, if I see a good looking man I do admire their beauty. But that's pretty much it, if they don't fit a certain type for me.

I find some white guys attractive and few my type. Even fewer black and east asian guys are attractive to me and none are my type, just no feeling there.

I get what you're saying OP, and I've wondered the same.

I would like to add a separate category for what hopeful said

In my mind, there is a difference between 1) "I understand why other people find him attractive, but I don't" and 2) "I find him attractive, but he's not my type".

I understand #1. I don't understand #2. Am I making sense? :lol:

I understand why other people find Idris Elba and Chris Brown attractive. But I do not find these 2 men attractive. They are not attractive to me; I am not attracted to them.

I don't understand finding someone attractive yourself, but not being attracted to them. Everyone that I find attractive, I am attracted to them I would gladly have sex with :lol: i.e. My caveman husband Jason Mamoa :love: and Darren Sharper and Johnny Depp and that African model that mech keeps posting pics of in her thread and...lemme stop lol

I don't like skinny guys even if they're attractive... I just don't like it. I mean I'd probably still date him but I would complain about how skinny he was.

I can find anyone attractive, any race, height, hair color, gender even...but that doesn't mean they are my type. I can appreciate someone as good looking, for example Megan Fox...but I like dudes so obviously not my type. The two terms are mutually exclusive to me and it has nothing to do with personality.

I think it goes 2 ways. I agree with deluxe's statement about saying you can find someone attractive but not be attracted to their personality or find them to be too different or something. And then you can also say, "he's attractive, but he's not my type" when you can recognize that someone is attractive but maybe his physical type isn't what you typically go for. Like, I know that I have a physical type that I am usually drawn to... And then there are other men I find attractive who don't fall into that type... But I will admit they are good looking.

I used to find Idris Elba handsome but not my type. I'm late as heck but something clicked and I find him extremely attractive now, like one of the finest specimens of male on this green earth fine :look:. I normally am not attracted to black men even when I can see that they're handsome. Same with Chines/Japanese/Korean men. And Hispanic men lol, I really don't care for them even good looking ones.
I'm usually attracted to Eastern Euro men and South Asians.

2) "I find him attractive, but he's not my type".

I understand #1. I don't understand #2.
Am I making sense? :lol:

I don't understand finding someone attractive yourself, but not being attracted to them. Everyone that I find attractive, I am attracted to them I would gladly have sex with lol

qchelle

For me, when I find someone attractive, but they're not my type, that's usually because my intuition has kicked in, and something is off.

I know to get into a relationship with that person would be BAD fireworks, so just stay away.

Hence, I can look at, and adore them from afar, but i know it would be bad news to get with them in anyway... (they're probably dumb like a box of rocks or something)

My intuition doesn't steer me wrong in those cases, even if i can't put my finger on it... i just know to keep it moving....

Last edited:
I find it so weird when people exclude racial groups from their attract-o-meter. I'm glad the first thing that popped in my head was weight.

^^ It isn't a deliberate exclusion at least not in my case. I simply cannot conjure an attraction to most Chinese/Jap/Korean etc men or most black men or most any men for that matter. I can't think of a single Chinese man I'd want to sleep with :rofl:. I can at least think of a couple of black men but I'm just not generally attracted to them but I am insanely attracted to Idris Elba so that says something LOL. Some people have very limited or odd tastes lol, I'm one of them and I can't imagine being any other way. Well, I also do not like fat men or men over 6'3 or so. I also tend to like men who wear facial hair. Clean faces don't do it for me.
Damn, I really babble don't I? Even online :nono: lolol.

For me, good looking guys with long hair, facial hair, tatoos, etc. aren't usually my type. I like my guys cleancut. Some of the rough looking guys may look extremely good to me, but I wouldn't like their style of dress and grooming.

It doesn't matter to me about color or race because I have seen handsome guys in all races.

:confused: You mean ALL biracial men aren't your type? Of all mixtures? Or do you just mean light skin/curly hair, etc? Like...a dark skinned/4b hair black guy who's biracial is included in this?

As long as the person looks racially ambiguous to me which I find most biracial people do, they don't do anything for me 95% of the time.

I don't see that many half white, or asian black guys that look full black on all fronts. I may like them.

Last edited:
I find all physical types of men attractive. Except for really short/overweight guys. But aside from that, if you're cute, you're cute.

That Jason Momoa or whatever his name is, not my type but I can understand why women find him attractive.

Assume for my post I'm talking about physical attractiveness and not personality -- IRL that matters a lot, of course.

I say this all the time...For me, "attractive" is sort of a stand-in for "handsome" or "good-looking", while "my type/attracted to" means that I am actually drawn to or prefer his particular kind of attractiveness over other kinds.

Physically Brad Pitt is not my type, Johhny Depp is. Alexander Skarsgard is not my type, Ian Somerhalder is. Denzel is not, Lenny Kravitz is. But I think all the aforementioned men are attractive.

IRL I tend to be drawn to dark features, a bit of scruffiness (like longer hair and a bit of facial hair), and glasses. That's probably my most defined type (I have others), but that doesn't mean I don't find other men attractive, or that I would automatically exclude them from the dating pool or anything.

Last edited:
Personally, there are people that I can acknowledge are classically good looking but they do nothing for me in terms of being physically/sexually attracted to them. That's what the statement in the title means to me. Using famous people are examples, the list includes Idris Elba, Boris K and Brad Pitt. All good-looking men but I don't go ga-ga over them.

I am not attracted to extremely pretty boys. (the ones that only care about clothes and messing up their "waves")
Ghetto/dumb guys.
Cocky
No matter how physically appealing

I like athletes
Im only attracted to nice guys that look and act very manly fireman-y, lumberjack-ish w/ suit and tie on the outside.:look:

examples:
images

showimage-pl.jpg

2455292-an-african-american-male-with-dreadlocks.jpg

tumblr_lo9gsrbTcG1qk9crao1_500.jpg

3.bmp

raymond-irving-1.jpg

etanthomas4.jpg

thumb_uo7dmHjozVnukY8JX1QPctWNE.png

:drunk::grin::grin::grin::grin::drunk::lol::lick:

Last edited:
Back