Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Luscious Pear

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SelahOco

I need help, yall. I'm about to order a "haul" from KBB and split it with my friend so that we can avoid shipping costs. Karen's has buy 2 get 1 on the leave ins, so I'm buying 3 in Cocoa Mango (for my friend) and three in a scent I've yet to choose. I was leaning towards Egyptian Musk, but was advised that it's a very strong smell and a little masculine.

W/ the buy 2 get 1, you have to pick ONE scent. So this is why I need your help.

For those of you who order often enough to have tried several scents, can you offer any reviews, suggestions or favorites? For those of you who have been to the store, please share your wealth of knowledge.

Here are the scents (I'm gonna to add a poll, but I won't be able to add each scent):
Chamomile Sage
Cocoa Lime
Cranberry Cocktail
Creamy Cocoa Mango
Egyptian Musk
Hibiscus
Honey Oatmeal
Lavender Vanilla
Luscious Pear
Pomegranate Guava
Sultry Sandalwood
Vanilla Latte
White Tea

Thanks in advance :)

I use the deep condish & the hair oil in the honey oatmeal scent & I absolutely love that scent.

When I first went to the store, I got a sample of the hair milk, hair nectar, & hair oil. I don't remember what scent the hair milk was. The hair nectar was Egyptian Musk (another great scent; it didn't smell ultra-masculine to me) & the hair oil was luscious pear (I don't like that scent).

ETA: I don't like the cranberry cocktail scent, either.

Last edited:
I use the deep condish & the hair oil in the honey oatmeal scent & I absolutely love that scent.

When I first went to the store, I got a sample of the hair milk, hair nectar, & hair oil. I don't remember what scent the hair milk was. The hair nectar was Egyptian Musk (another great scent; it didn't smell ultra-masculine to me) & the hair oil was luscious pear (I don't like that scent).

ETA: I don't like the cranberry cocktail scent, either.

Does the luscious pear really smell like pears?

I voted coco mango, coco lime, egyptian musk and lav vanilla. ALL are AWESOME! The others I can take or leave out of what I've tried. HATEDDD Sandalwood. Didn't care for Hibiscus

Does the luscious pear really smell like pears?

Yes, it does... but I find that the fruity smell of pear subsides. My SO wears it in his head and it doesn't smelll fruity really at all on him. It just has a nice smell.

I voted coco mango, coco lime, egyptian musk and lav vanilla. ALL are AWESOME! The others I can take or leave out of what I've tried. HATEDDD Sandalwood. Didn't care for Hibiscus

Everyone really does have different tastes, b/c I love the smell of my Sandolwood oil, and can't stand the smell of Egyptian Musk and many here love it. I don't care for Hibiscus either.

so far my faves are cranberry cocktail, omagranite guava, sultry sandal wood and coco lime.

that sultry sandalwood smells oh so sexy and womanly. i love it. my next order will be an oil in that scent. and i have four hair milks in cranberry cocktail so its obvious i love that lol.

so far my faves are cranberry cocktail, omagranite guava, sultry sandal wood and coco lime.

that sultry sandalwood smells oh so sexy and womanly. i love it. my next order will be an oil in that scent. and i have four hair milks in cranberry cocktail so its obvious i love that lol.

:blush::lachen::lachen:
That junk smelled like Michael's the craft store at Christmas time... to me.. which is not a good look.

Hated it... Like all the other's are dealable... that one I HATED. Couldn't use it all.

OP..

Did KBB say you could only get one scent??? That doesn't make any sense if they did.

:blush::lachen::lachen:
That junk smelled like Michael's the craft store at Christmas time... to me.. which is not a good look.

Hated it... Like all the other's are dealable... that one I HATED. Couldn't use it all.

OP..

Did KBB say you could only get one scent??? That doesn't make any sense if they did.

yeah, when you order, you order as a group of 3.

Coco Lime smells like key lime pie to me, I personally like Egyptian Musk and loved the sandalwood oil, but NOT the hair butter-it smelled like two entirely different scents. I like cranberry cocktail for the oil, hated lavendar vanilla, smells like Febreeze air freshener. What types of scents do you generally lean toward? I like floral orientals/earthy scents and musks and the like, not too crazy about super floral or fruity scents. I even ordered from the men's scents a couple times. I like the Island Spice and vanilla musk. Coco mango is okay, pom/guava smells really fake to me. Vanilla latte don't smell like nobody's latte, its more cherry- almondish. White tea is okay, light. Oh, chamomile sage smells nice, like black people :look: I didn't really like it at first, but there's something strangely addictive about the scent.

Yall whatever happened to Jasmine Lily?? Even though I'm not crazy about florals, I liked it-wasnt a heavy floral. Smelled clean.

I'm not an expert...but I love egyptian musk MIXED with the luscious pear...
that is my ish..

we were at the spa...and I heard my cousin sniffing her nose...come to find out
she was sniffing me..

I'm waiting for her behind to ask what it is... or ask for some ..

:giggle:

these will be staples...

This thread is the reason I chose Honey Oatmeal, and it's my favorite scent. Thanks guys. Here's my scent run down from another thread:

Okay...I bought a lot of massage oils so I could smell the scents. Here's my description of each one.

Sweet Baby (Bar Soap) - Smells like baby powder on steroids. And to me...dat's a good thing. It has a slight floral smell to me, but it does remind me of a sweet baby power scent.

Juicy (Shampoo Bar) - I can't say this has a distinct scent. It smells like "soap" -- a little like Ivory, but it's not a strong fragrance. I think the scent might just be coming from the natural aroma of the bar's ingredients.

Creamy Coco Mango (Massage Oil) - At first sniff it reminded me of apples, but then I remembered that Mangos are referred to as "exotic apples" by some people. It smells like baked apples, pears, fresh mango slices and essence of coconut. I know...that's too much drama. But if I could kiss myself after applying this stuff...I would . But that's another issue.

back to the subject.....

Lavender Vanilla (Massage Oil) - Very floral scent. Can't say that I smell a strong vanilla, but it's a dominant scent...I think it would follow you in a room. If you like strong scents, this is a good floral one, but I don't think I would combine it with other perfumes. If you like flowers, get this one and layer it products in the same (or much softer) scent. I like it, but it's strong for me.

Honey Oatmeal (Massage Oil) - Very pretty scent. It smells to me like amaretto tastes...if that makes any sense at all. I don't smell no honey or no oatmeal, but this is just "pretty." It's pretty strong too, but easier for the senses to process than the Lavender Vanilla I think. I like this one. Makes me feel like a lady.

Egyptian Musk (Massage Oil) - Can't explain it. Love it. It is slightly earthy but not like SUPER earthy. Like you can wear it and still be sexy without people fearing you're gonna keep talking about Black Power. I like it.

Chamomile Sage is the bomb. When I first sniffed it, I was bleh about it, but the more I sniffed it, the more I fell in love with it. Eisani is right, that scent is addictive!

Egyptian Musk is amazing, nuff said.

Cranberry Cocktail smells like Dimeatap (sp?) cough medicine. I actually like the taste of Dimeatap, but not as a scent in my hair.

Luscious Pear smells like your typical pear fragrance.

White Tea is nice, very light, and fresh.

CocoLime is a lovely scent too. Like warm coconut and lime. I think I've been underestimating it since using this scent in the Hair Milk. My bottle is almost empty, and I'm sure I'm gonna miss the scent when it's gone. It just hasn't hit me yet.

I've sampled Sweet Baby lotion, and that scent is heavenly! I love it!

I've also sampled CocoMango, and it was alright. I don't remember toooooo much about it, but my like for it was neutral.

I want to try the remaining scents next. Sultry Sandalwood and Hibiscus are on my list, but I'm not too sure. I may have to try a Honey Oatmeal and Vanilla Latte. We'll see.

Back