Ateyaaa's New Relaxer Video

Uhhhhh no its ghetto. I am southern and I dont sound like her. You just lump all southerns as ghetto:ohwell:

I am southern as well. If you and the poster you quoted are referring to her voice in this video, I do not hear any ghettoness in this.

Maybe in her other videos. However, since she is representing Motions in this video I believe she is trying to sound professional.

I am southern as well. If you and the poster you quoted are referring to her voice in this video, I do not hear any ghettoness in this.

Maybe in her other videos. However, since she is representing Motions in this video I believe she is trying to sound professional.

I am not speaking on this video in particular but in general her "twang" has nothing to do with word selection. That is the difference in ghetto and southern. Oh and I cant speak for the OP.

Well, her hair has always been thick in all the vids I seen of her even when it was shorter. Her hair has gotten longer though, I agree. But from her setback back vid to now, I would have expected it to be much longer (not talking about how her hair was 2 years ago to now). Even with the setback her and her stylist were able to salvage most of her hair, she didn't have to chop several inches off all around.

All I know is I would be bald headed if I used her techniques. Wrap my hair with a fine tooth comb?! Chile, my head would be shining in the sun cause I would have to shave it off and start over.

Really OT: I didn't notice how much weight she gain until she was at the sink washing the relaxer out. I love her videos, especially when she does her own hair, but she didn't retain hardly any of her length, and I feel sorry for the women who watch her hair videos for healthy hair, or to relaxer their hair. Her technics are really controversy and not health IMO.

Thank you!

She don't sound ghetto to me either. She really does have a southern accent though.

Somehow when I went on youtube and saw that Ateeya had posted her relaxer video.....I just knew LHCF would be discussing her vid LOL

It amazes me how some people on here can see growth and some can't. Her growth/retention may not be LHCF expectations for a 5 month stretch but it has definitely grown.

I am not speaking on this video in particular but in general her "twang" has nothing to do with word selection. That is the difference in ghetto and southern. Oh and I cant speak for the OP.

IMO she isn't talking "ghetto" I know how "ghetto" sounds and this isn't it.:nono:

Last edited:
I forgot she was using NuGro. I couldn't take the odor and the glycerine content was too much for me, but the conditioner shampoo/conditioner was NICE. I didn't like the shipping charges though so I didn't keep up.

NuGro is a good product (for any lurkers) - Since they've changed the formula, the smell is mild. The conditioner and DC are virtually the same, the DC contains less water - thus being more concentrated. The oil free is decent - just use a squirt bottle to avoid getting alcohol on the hair.

My tip: if purchasing the oil moisturizing spray, to cut down on glycerine sensitivity - fill a separate spray bottle with 2/3 NuGro moisturizing spray and 1/3 rose water.

Maybe I will re-up for the summer and join the "juice crew" for my summer growth spurt! (Hmmmm.)

Both of the nugro spray moisturizers are good especially the oil moisturizing one. IMO they're better than some of the ones people are using in the jerri juice challenge.

Her growth/retention may not be LHCF expectations for a 5 month stretch but it has definitely grown.

Actually, I have seen plenty of threads on here where fellow LHCF'ers haven't even retained as much as Ateyaa has and they have several posts offering congrats on the great progress ;)

Something tells me though, that Ateyaa could grow her hair to waistlength with perfect blunt ends and I bet my life, the negativity towards her will still be there. That's her burden in life...she's the girl we all love to hate. :yep:

Does anyone notice how much THICKER her hair is. I remember the first vid. I saw of her and her hair was grazing neck length. It was thin - still fly though. Now her hair is 2x as thick. Maybe she's a slow grower, sure but something is growing because that thickness is def. noticeable.

Yep and you would think that since this is LHCF people would know that sometimes the hair gets thickness before length(depending on the person)

^^^Yep my cute behind hasn't even made it to SL and its been a good..9 months. I dunno why..my hair used to grow so much quicker. sigh. lemme stop ranting.

I didn't watch the entire video, because I was very unimpressed by her hair in the beginning....she needs a trim...those ends are awful.

I know Ateya is a spokesperson for Motions but she needs to do what all these celebs do...pub one thing and really do your own thang.

I remember when Ateya first popped up on this board...her hair was GORGEOUS. Her hair was thick, had tons of shine and lots of swing...now..:ohwell:.

She needs to go back to the products she was using back then, which I believe was Aphogee...and she needs to go back to the relaxer she previously was using...'cause Motions is wack.

IMO Motions has some good products especially their conditioners. There are people on here who loves and uses some of their products.

She has a southern accent. Take it or leave it. But don't try to start something.:nono:

CherryPie I wasnt trying to start anything. I was just clarifying the difference which from you statement you didnt know. Southern twang does not mean ghetto.

I am not a start something kind of person but I was really trying to give you a chance to clarify your statement before you insult many women on this board.

Actually, I have seen plenty of threads on here where fellow LHCF'ers haven't even retained as much as Ateyaa has and they have several posts offering congrats on the great progress ;)

Something tells me though, that Ateyaa could grow her hair to waistlength with perfect blunt ends and I bet my life, the negativity towards her will still be there. That's her burden in life...she's the girl we all love to hate. :yep:

I agree beans4reezy. I hope that if I post pics of my 5 month progress I don't get quite a negative response. I remember when Ateeya took out her Indian virgin hair weave and she was brave enough to make a video about her set back when her hair got tangled and thinned out. I think she has gotten good growth and I congratulate her for that.

It's so funny how people who are conditioned to point out negatives can't take negatives about their being negative..SMDH. Well opinions are like butt holes and here's mine..

It's HER progress. How are you gonna have EXPECTATIONS on somebody elses head? Even the 'common knowledge' people have on growing and retaining their hair doesn't mean it's a fail proof system for everybody. No one is immune to setbacks and issues with 'just hair.' There are many people on this board who haven't even reached her level to date and many that come here with a long way to go to get to her level to date.

Maybe her progress will be more pleasing to the LHCF eye next time. :rolleyes:

GO ATEEYAA!:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Ok, I liked the video and I can see that her hair has improved since the sew-in damage. My hair broke of two years ago from BSL to APL and it still is not BSL and I do all the right things. Sometimes our hair grows faster at other periods than another.

I can tell her hair has grown especiallly in the bangs area. Her videoin Dec her bangs were cut at her brow and now they are around her chin.

IMO Motions has some good products especially their conditioners. There are people on here who loves and uses some of their products.

Here here I love Motions I use the whole line every relaxer, and MY HAIR loves it! Loves to the it (in a Madea Voice) !

Live and Let Live she is a sister doing good things, lets be there for her guide her instead of bashing her and if this doesn't apply to you don't take it personal!!! I am Baked and DONE!

80 percent of Black Americans speak some form of African American Vernacular English. Ateyaa has some of it. Most blacks do.

I don't know what "ghetto" is.

I remember when I was little and some of my cousins visiting from California told me, "Yo sho' talk funny."

I was like... whatever.

Her hair looked fine to me for the most part. Some ladies just grow hair below .5'' per month. They shouldn't be penalized for that. She's retaining something and she's fine with her own progress. I protective style and limit heat most of the year and I "only" retain 4'' of hair. It is what it is.

ETA: That flat iron looked so smooth. I'll have to add it to my list of flat irons to review before I make my purchase.

I'm right there with you! It's so frustrating when I see other ladies zooming to their hair goals...but hey, what can you do? I'll get there eventually. :rolleyes:

Back