Ateyaaa's New Relaxer Video

I forgot she was using NuGro. I couldn't take the odor and the glycerine content was too much for me, but the conditioner shampoo/conditioner was NICE. I didn't like the shipping charges though so I didn't keep up.

NuGro is a good product (for any lurkers) - Since they've changed the formula, the smell is mild. The conditioner and DC are virtually the same, the DC contains less water - thus being more concentrated. The oil free is decent - just use a squirt bottle to avoid getting alcohol on the hair.

My tip: if purchasing the oil moisturizing spray, to cut down on glycerine sensitivity - fill a separate spray bottle with 2/3 NuGro moisturizing spray and 1/3 rose water.

Maybe I will re-up for the summer and join the "juice crew" for my summer growth spurt! (Hmmmm.)

Last edited:
I forgot to add that I'm really pleased that's she stretched to five months which is a big improvement on what she was doing before! If she's looking after her hair underneath the wigs and weaves this should in theory only be of benefit, and it'll help thicken her hair.

I love Ateeyah! I cracked up when I saw that she does the same thing I do before relaxing. I thought I was the only one that prayed on and blessed my relaxer LOL.

One question though, don't you normally start your timer from the time you begin the application? Usually by the time I finish applying it there's just enough time to get ready to rinse. And she was moving kinda slow too so you know she shouldn't have had much time to waste.

But that was a very good, detailed video for those new to self-relaxing. :yep:

My thing with her, is the whole blending thing. And I feel like she "does" her hair more often than not under the wigs, because she wears a wrap if i'm not mistaken under her wigs. That's half the reason i'm scared the get any straight weave or half wig, because i'm scared the belnding will kill my hair!

There so many wig and weave techniques and weave closures out out now that you dont need to leave your hair out and kill it. U should lurk on the weave section of Blackhairmedia.com discussion board and see. There are also cheap vendors on Alibaba.com that process hair to mimic natural African American hair (curly or the "pressed out look") too just do your research in the weave and lace front forums on BHM. And there are now making weave closures that mimic someone natural scalp/part as well if you dont want to leave your hair out.

It's so funny how people who are conditioned to point out negatives can't take negatives about their being negative..SMDH. Well opinions are like butt holes and here's mine..

It's HER progress. How are you gonna have EXPECTATIONS on somebody elses head? Even the 'common knowledge' people have on growing and retaining their hair doesn't mean it's a fail proof system for everybody. No one is immune to setbacks and issues with 'just hair.' There are many people on this board who haven't even reached her level to date and many that come here with a long way to go to get to her level to date.

Maybe her progress will be more pleasing to the LHCF eye next time. :rolleyes:

I'm just impressed that she has her own song. Her videos have come a long way. Go head then.

Actually, I have a question for relaxed women. How long does the application process take? If it takes, for example, 10 minutes from start to finish, won't the hair you applied the relaxer to first have been processing for 10 minutes longer than the hair you applied the relaxer to last by the time you wash it out? How do you keep hair from ending up at different levels of processing?

Last edited:
Personally I think Ateeya hair has grown even from the video where she 1st announced that she would be a spokesperson for Motions and she went to NYC to shoot the professional demo commerical for Motions.

Also I don't think she used that much heat but if she was doing this 2 or more times a wk I would def. have a problem with this. My only beef with this video is that she couldve used a heat protectant and she was kinda slow with putting the relaxer on which runs the risk of you over processing your hair.

Looking at her results kinda made me want to go back to creamy crack:perplexed but I then remember what state my hair was in when I was on the creamy crack and now I'm continuing on my own hair journey road.

I love Ateyaa and I think she's very charming. I watch and have favorited many of her cooking videos.

I laugh everytime she says "People!" to her viewers.

I wish her success and luck in her HHG and business endeavors!

Actually, I have a question for relaxed women. How long does the application process take? If it takes, for example, 10 minutes from start to finish, won't the hair you applied the relaxer to first have been processing for 10 minutes longer than the hair you applied the relaxer to last by the time you wash it out? How do you keep hair from ending up at different levels of processing?

When I was relaxed (I was relaxed way longer than I've been natural), to ensure even processing I always started rinsing the quarter that had relaxer applied first. Usually rinsing would take about 5 min and then I would move to the next quarter. The 5 min it takes to rinse, was enough time to ensure that the next quarter was processed evenly. I used to relax in halves so it was easier to manage my time (and hair) and rinse accordingly. I also used a timer to make sure I didn't over process.

I didn't watch the entire video, because I was very unimpressed by her hair in the beginning....she needs a trim...those ends are awful.

I know Ateya is a spokesperson for Motions but she needs to do what all these celebs do...pub one thing and really do your own thang.

I remember when Ateya first popped up on this board...her hair was GORGEOUS. Her hair was thick, had tons of shine and lots of swing...now..:ohwell:.

She needs to go back to the products she was using back then, which I believe was Aphogee...and she needs to go back to the relaxer she previously was using...'cause Motions is wack.

I love Ateyaa and I think she's very charming. I watch and have favorited many of her cooking videos.

I laugh everytime she says "People!" to her viewers.

I wish her success and luck in her HHG and business endeavors!

I like the cooking videos too...everything always looks so yummy

Chi Silk Infusion is full of cones, and cones protects your hair from heat. The wrap lotion protects it too.

I know of Chi Silk infusion but no where on it does it say that it is a heat protectant. I thought their 44 iron guard was the protectant and it was for strengthening and shine. Hey, I might be wrong but ok thanks for the info

After she became a Motions spokesperson, I decided to try the new relaxer kit. It worked okay, but I won't use it again. I'm going back to the ORS Olive Oil relaxer I've used in the past. I always get great results with that...with Motions, not so much. :nono:

I think her hair would have been much longer if it wasn't for her sew-in, take-out set-back. I like her videos and think her hair will look much better after she gets those dead ends clipped and her hair grows out another inch or too.

As for as her sides being shorter, I sympathize because I have the same exact issue. My hair grows like grass in the middle and back but my sides take FOREVER to grow out. I limit my heat, stopped wrapping (too much stress on the sides), I don't wear tight ponytails but my sides just won't cooperate.

I'm just impressed that she has her own song. Her videos have come a long way. Go head then.

My relaxer process takes no more than 5 minutes. What I do is part my hair from ear to ear and and I apply the relaxer using the "half and half" method. I work on the back first.

I pre-part all of my hair so that I only have to apply the relaxer. I have a picture here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=470056

I then rinse the part that I applied the relaxer to first.

I'm happy for her that her hair grew. I love me some Ateyaa, but am I the only one who hates to see her flatiron or curl her hair? I just wanna reach through the screen, grab that flatiron or curler and say "Gimme this, I'll show you how to flatiron/curl! Now turn your head around..."

My relaxer process takes no more than 5 minutes. What I do is part my hair from ear to ear and and I apply the relaxer using the "half and half" method. I work on the back first.

I pre-part all of my hair so that I only have to apply the relaxer. I have a picture here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=470056

I then rinse the part that I applied the relaxer to first.

That was an excellent idea!!

When I used to do mine, I swear by the time I finished putting it on my new growth it was time to wash it out. My hair relaxes super quick.

One more thing: What's the big deal that she wears wigs? If she updates periodically from time to time and shows her hair then what's the problem? Don't many relaxed heads PS and hide their hair? Shoot maybe people will start trying to stretch their relaxers now and PS..I know I am reaching but MAYBE.

Sure she wears wigs all the time but maybe she could educate people on why she does or just on PS in general and stretching the relaxer. A lot of people like her hair and being that she uses Motions now a lot will use this also to try and achieve her look. Motions just wants you to buy the product. They don't care what you do with it after that.

Not sure if that made sense but I tried.

It's so funny how people who are conditioned to point out negatives can't take negatives about their being negative..SMDH. Well opinions are like butt holes and here's mine..

It's HER progress. How are you gonna have EXPECTATIONS on somebody elses head? Even the 'common knowledge' people have on growing and retaining their hair doesn't mean it's a fail proof system for everybody. No one is immune to setbacks and issues with 'just hair.' There are many people on this board who haven't even reached her level to date and many that come here with a long way to go to get to her level to date.

Exactly!!! It's her progress and as long as she is happy with it, then I am happy with it too. Like the saying goes, "if you like, then I love.":lachen:

ayagrant
4 hours ago
Are you going to get those split ends trimmed or are you still trying to grow it out from the bad sew-in experience?

Ateyaa
@ayagrant Growing it out since June 4th Im getting my sew in again

After reading this I am convinced that she IS growing her hair, and that she is holding on to her ends like many on here. And she will probably cut when she reaches her goal. Since she is getting another sew in she is probably just growing out the bad ends before she cuts.

OH and whoever said something about "ON TODAY" I was reading the comments and she said "ON TOMORROW" I was like what does that mean? I thought it was a typo but I guess not.

ETA-ok when I first watched the video I just glanced at the beginning and skipped around. i didn't see that relaxer process or her hair wet. I see what some of y'all mean. Her hair looked good when it was all said and done, but while wet I could see the damage more.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that I'm really pleased that's she stretched to five months which is a big improvement on what she was doing before! If she's looking after her hair underneath the wigs and weaves this should in theory only be of benefit, and it'll help thicken her hair.

she must be getting tips from LHCF :grin:

Now all we need to to is get Naiomi on the board in the edges and nape and scalp massaging challenges. :yep:

So she buys endless amounts of long wigs but she's not at all interested in long hair of her own?:look: lol

I think Ateeya's channel should be watched for entertainment purposes and possibly some tips on good wigs and how to wear them (well not really since she abuses her leave-out hair with over-manipulation and heat) but NOT for care of your own real hair.

Anywhoo congrats on the success to Ateeya:yep:
Couldn't say this better...should make this the original post!
I love Ateeyah! I cracked up when I saw that she does the same thing I do before relaxing. I thought I was the only one that prayed on and blessed my relaxer LOL.

One question though, don't you normally start your timer from the time you begin the application? Usually by the time I finish applying it there's just enough time to get ready to rinse. And she was moving kinda slow too so you know she shouldn't have had much time to waste.

But that was a very good, detailed video for those new to self-relaxing. :yep:
That's what I was thinking lol my head would be on fire if I applied it and then set the timer :nono:
There so many wig and weave techniques and weave closures out out now that you dont need to leave your hair out and kill it. U should lurk on the weave section of Blackhairmedia.com discussion board and see. There are also cheap vendors on Alibaba.com that process hair to mimic natural African American hair (curly or the "pressed out look") too just do your research in the weave and lace front forums on BHM. And there are now making weave closures that mimic someone natural scalp/part as well if you dont want to leave your hair out.
Thank you!!!!

:rolleyes: Girl bye...ya'll crack me up.
Put them in a post please or PM me too. Thanks!
I got you!!

I love her hair...I'd take her length anytime if that comes with her styling skills.
Her accent is lovely...and she is so pretty :)

Back