Ateyaaa's New Relaxer Video

Did Ateya ever say she was growing her hair long? Maybe she hasn't retained length because she actually wants it at that length? Not everybody wants long hair you know. I personally think it looks really lovely and healthy :D

Though, my only qualm is how she relaxes her hair and uses lots of heat, yet seems to hide it under wigs about 99% of the time. I'd rather just do one or the other, but meh, to each their own. Hair looks good anyway, thanks for posting OP :yep:

I saw the video this morning. I only watched the first few minutes to see her progress (since I am not planning on relaxing)..

The back looks longer.

She said she is really proud of how much it has grown.....and in older videos ...yes she said she was trying to grow it out from the damage she had obtained last year

I think her hair looks great as well....Just thought it would have been longer...But I have no clue what her routine is...I don't follow her like that

A Southern Belle she is!!

There are women here (*raises hand*) who have been at this for years and don't have hair flowin down our backs yet.

Ateyaa is on YT doing her thing and not stopping because of the naysayers. Her name is out there and people are viewing her videos - even if just to comment on. I applaude her hard work and dedication.

I am puzzled too by Motions using her as a spokesperson since she loves wigs but oh well. . .

Once i watched that video, i knew i wud come here and find the response thread! :)

I think the shine of her hair looks good, and i might look into that flat iron!

But her relaxing process and her excessive amount of heat, **curling her hair after she flat ironed it, etc etc** ............................ No Comment!

Did Ateya ever say she was growing her hair long? Maybe she hasn't retained length because she actually wants it at that length? Not everybody wants long hair you know. I personally think it looks really lovely and healthy :D

Though, my only qualm is how she relaxes her hair and uses lots of heat, yet seems to hide it under wigs about 99% of the time. I'd rather just do one or the other, but meh, to each their own. Hair looks good anyway, thanks for posting OP :yep:
:perplexed Just cause you don't want long hair doesn't mean you can't retain all of it. That's like me saying ima neglect my hair just enough to keep it at SL. Nah playa...but I do get what you are saying :yep:.

And this isn't for you Cherry, but for the thread in general. I feel a negative tone for this thread coming in. There in no denying that her hair looks beautiful, I just expected her to have longer hair. Tis all. May the comments continue :grin:

I think her problem is that she blowdrys and flat irons weekly WITHOUT heat protectant. Not once have I seen her use any. Plus she combs her hair daily to "Rewrap it"

In her previous hair videos she was using Chi Silk infusion. I see that in this video she used a leave-in conditioner and Motions foam wrap lotion. The leave-in may offer heat protection. Nonetheless, Ateyaa has been diligent in the past in using heat protection.

Compared to when she started 2 years ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA), she has made really good progress considering she had a set back last year. It may not be as quick as some people on here but it's still great progress. Her hair looks great!

From my understanding and I do watch her channel, she had a bad mishap with a sew in and had to cut some of her hair. She gets her hair trimmed on a regular basis too. But she has retained some length.

Maybe her hair can withstand the heat. Some can"t handle as much heat as she uses. I commend her for putting herself on front street like that for everyone to see her routine. It works for her because her hair is healthy.

AT 19:11 she says "My hair is growing so much, I'm very proud of it"! So I guess she is actively trying to grow her hair. :yep:

In her previous hair videos she was using Chi Silk infusion. I see that in this video she used a leave-in conditioner and Motions foam wrap lotion. The leave-in may offer heat protection. Nonetheless, Ateyaa has been diligent in the past in using heat protection.

Compared to when she started 2 years ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA), she has made really good progress considering she had a set back last year. It may not be as quick as some people on here but it's still great progress. Her hair looks great!

I know of Chi Silk infusion but no where on it does it say that it is a heat protectant. I thought their 44 iron guard was the protectant and it was for strengthening and shine. Hey, I might be wrong but ok thanks for the info

Last edited:
Her hair looks great and she has retained a good amount of length. She is doing big things IMO and I'm happy for her. I know I be needing a trim sometimes and will hold off until I'm ready to trim them. GO ATEYAAA!

I know of Chi Silk infusion but no where on it does it say that it is a heat protectant. I thought their 44 iron guard was the protectant and it was for shine. Hey, I might be wrong but ok thanks for the info

I used to use CHI Silk Infusion it says
Protects the hair against thermal styling and environment

However it didn't work worth a darn for me for that purpose...But all hair is different I guess

I used to use CHI Silk Infusion it says
Protects the hair against thermal styling and environment

However it didn't work worth a darn for me for that purpose...But all hair is different I guess

Oh really?! I use it every now and then after I flat iron just for the shine. My QP silk does the protecting for me. :yep:

I wouldn't use it as a protector. It's too heavy so I use a drop of it.

My bottle must be an older one or something because it doesn't mention it being a thermal protector. I did see it on the website though.

Go figure I'm all lost...

Does anyone notice how much THICKER her hair is. I remember the first vid. I saw of her and her hair was grazing neck length. It was thin - still fly though. Now her hair is 2x as thick. Maybe she's a slow grower, sure but something is growing because that thickness is def. noticeable.

I think it's a really good video and there are plenty of people who can benefit from watching her demo the relaxer technique. And her hair looks nice and full. As someone posted earlier not everyone's hair grows super fast and fullness is more important than length anyway. And there's no denying she's got skills. My hair is natural and after watching that video, I don't think I'd ever want to self apply because I doubt that I'd be able to do it with the kind of precision she demonstrated. I know it's also hard to find a careful stylist but I know for sure I would slip and mess up. Or I'd be too slow (because I have voluminous hair) and end up with over processed hair.

Anyway kudos to Ateyaa because I know there are plenty of people who can learn a thing or two from her video. When I was young I lost plenty of hair through home perms because I didn't know proper technique. My ends were usually in terrible condition and I would just cut it back to short time and again and I thought my hair was the type that just didn't grow. It's nice that hair care technology is improving and that people are learning and sharing.

I like Ateyaaa and her hair. It always looks shiny and bouncy to me. It may not be going down her back, but it's got that bounce. The chick is bad if you ask me. That shoulder-length hair has her going places.

So she buys endless amounts of long wigs but she's not at all interested in long hair of her own?:look: lol

I think Ateeya's channel should be watched for entertainment purposes and possibly some tips on good wigs and how to wear them (well not really since she abuses her leave-out hair with over-manipulation and heat) but NOT for care of your own real hair.

Anywhoo congrats on the success to Ateeya:yep:

Last edited:
Does anyone notice how much THICKER her hair is. I remember the first vid. I saw of her and her hair was grazing neck length. It was thin - still fly though. Now her hair is 2x as thick. Maybe she's a slow grower, sure but something is growing because that thickness is def. noticeable.

Must be the Nu Gro :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I am no Ateyaa stan but her hair actually looks good to me here. It has grown. She did have a setback so progress might come in the form of fullness versus length. She may trim to get rid of scraggly ends too. I'm amazed cause I def thought her hair was starting to loook a HAM. Go ateyaa

Maybe I'm seeing something different to other folks but her hair has definitely grown. :confused:

The age old "heat" observations are always going to be prevalent in an Ateyaa thread. So she likes heat, but her hair isn't looking too bad so I'm not sure what the big deal is!

Well, I didn't watch this one but at least it's not another wig video :look: She's killing me with those...I can't even watch the channel without fear of seeing more wigs. I even like wigs...just not that much.

Her channel is very entertaining and she inspires others to take care of their hair. It's up to each individual if they want to follow what she does step-for-step :look:

Back