Ateeya Has Suffered a Major Setback! Tips of How to Avoid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That happened to me once. But I took like 2 days to thoroughly detangle so I wouldnt lose so much hair. If it happens, be prepared with alot of conditioner, a fine tooth comb, and alot of patience.

The key is more removing the shed hair than it is shampooing. Regardless whether you shampoo or not, if water hits your hair it WILL tangle.

Although I do not practice Ateeya's regime in any shape or form, I can not believe some of the very mean things that have been said!

Remember what your mama said...

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" (at least I hope she said that)

I would NEVER wallow in someone's misery. I only wish the best for her.

I may need to take a break from this board :nono:

There's always someone waiting in the wing to kick someone when they're down. Please don't leave the rest of us though!!!!!:drunk:

That is sooo sad!!! However, most people make the same mistake when taking out their weave!

When I take down my weave I never do it on dry hair ( I load my braids with lacio lacio or something) after I take down the braid and before I start combing I load the hair with Silicon Mix and then I take a wide tooth comb and comb, comb and comb! I do one braid at a time and then I section my hair in 4's and then I get under the dryer for 30 mins (it softens the hair more) and then I detangle once more and then I wash the Silicon Mix out and then shampoo, DC again for 30-45 mins....

Although I do not practice Ateeya's regime in any shape or form, I can not believe some of the very mean things that have been said!

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" (at least I hope she said that)

And its the same person everytime:rolleyes:

Wow!!!! C'mon people - let's relax.....:rolleyes:

Like I said - I have had setbacks too... I have been where she has been - I Had a "Swang" - but no hairline....
Let's not Breakdown cryin.....

I could really care less honestly....

That is sooo sad!!! However, most people make the same mistake when taking out their weave!

When I take down my weave I never do it on dry hair ( I load my braids with lacio lacio or something) after I take down the braid and before I start combing I load the hair with Silicon Mix and then I take a wide tooth comb and comb, comb and comb! I do one braid at a time and then I section my hair in 4's and then I get under the dryer for 30 mins (it softens the hair more) and then I detangle once more and then I wash the Silicon Mix out and then shampoo, DC again for 30-45 mins....

This is such an excellent method and I think I will steal it if I am bold enough to try a weave again.

OMG...People come on! Why are you guys turning an informative thread like this into a grudge match?!? Can we stay on topic?

I hope this thread doesn't get :padlock2: or deleted. Sheesh!

OMG...People come on! Why are you guys turning an informative thread like this into a grudge match?!? Can we stay on topic?

It will get locked:yep: I already printed out Ediese's advice, I suggest some of y'all do the same.

This is such an excellent method and I think I will steal it if I am bold enough to try a weave again.

Thanks!!
I forgot to mention that after I take down a braid I add the loose hair to the next loose braid hair and comb again and cont'd until I have my make my 4 sections...

This tip should be followed after braids also. I learned that one the hard way. I had ripped so much hair out because I washed my hair before I detangled. I figured it out and now I always do a dry detangle with a wide tooth comb and some good slip conditioner. It works!

You know what...I just stepped back in here, and you're so right. Like I've said before, this is NOT a bashing thread. If anyone does not agree with her hair practices, that's fine. Use your own discernment. That's not the purpose of this thread!

I applaud her for showing what can happen when you don't properly detangle your hair when you take down an install or braids prior to washing (she really should mention that was the issue). Anyway, this happens to many all the time. Hopefully, some people will learn from this. Please keep the negative comments out of this thread.

I have nothing to say pertaining to the topic of this thread. Just wanted to say that I love your natural hair Ediese!!!

Who said something mean? I didn't see anything mean...what I'd miss this time!

That's sad. I hate that she had to deal with that, but it was thoughtful of her to do a video to warn others.

OMG! I'm so sad for her...she's a hair inspiration. She needs to join LHCF. :(

I am scared for her if she does because people will probably have 3,000+ not nice comments to tell her what to do with her hair. But, I do feel bad for her it is unfortunate. She handled it like a little trooper. I would have taken at least 7 months to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back