At what length did you consider your hair long

Brownie

So everybody, at what length did you look at your hair, and think, "Hey, it looks long?" Was it neck length, shoulder length, top of bra strap, bottom of bra strap, below bra strap or waist?

I still don't consider my hair long. Others comment on how long it is, but for me I would not consider it long until it bra strap length.

candycane

It always looks so long to other people but not always to me. I did learn one thing though -- I always measure my hair in comparison to my bra strap now. That the only way I can really tell how much progress I'm making . . .

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
I still don't consider my hair long. Others comment on how long it is, but for me I would not consider it long until it bra strap length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

I am right at bra strap and I still don't consider my hair long. Especially compared to some of the other ladies on the board.

[ QUOTE ]
I am right at bra strap and I still don't consider my hair long. Especially compared to some of the other ladies on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when I finally make it to bra strap, I probably still will not consider it long.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Candycane

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when I finally make it to bra strap, I probably still will not consider it long.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't..
laugh.gif

I've read that hair is considered long if it's below shoulders but I don't agree with that for myself. At the length I am now, I tend to think my hair is not long. I consider long for myself to be below bra strap. Though, my hair is always longer to other people than it is to me.

I won't consider my hair to be long until it reaches my elbows, and I have to use twice the amount of product that I currently use to get it "lay right".

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
I considered my hair long when it passed my shoulders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to go off topic but DigitalRain, I just saw your pics for the first time - you hair is very long and beautiful! How did you keep your coarse, resistant 4b hair from frizzing up in the Florida humidity?
I plan to go to Florida in a few months and would really appreciate any tips you may have.
smile.gif

I think any hair that is past shoulder length is long. Like a lot of people, it's hard for me to say my hair is long even when it's past my shoulders because I haven't met my hair goal, but on most hair galleries that show short, medium and long hair, the long hair is past the shoulders, even if it's just an inch or two.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I've read that hair is considered long if it's below shoulders but I don't agree with that for myself. At the length I am now, I tend to think my hair is not long. I consider long for myself to be below bra strap. Though, my hair is always longer to other people than it is to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your pictures, your hair does look long---before & after the mini chop.

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
between shoulder blades and longer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... what Moez said. Once I am between my shoulderblades (pretty close to brastrap) it will feel long. Until then I think it's just average.

I think anything at bra strap and below is long. I do now however find myself considering fullness within the length requirement. For example I am at bra strap now but I don't think the last 4 inches are full so to me my hair is still short. Once it all is thick at bra strap then it will be long to me.

i agree with most of the posters. people tell me that my hair has gotten long but i don't really think of it that way. when i reach past bra-strap i'll consider my hair long.
smile.gif

I'll consider it long when it get to my bra strap. Although everyone I know personally considers it to be long right now at 1-2 inches from bra strap.

I dont consider my hair long, but most people do, even though its a few inches above the bar strap. I consider below bra strap,near waist long. I guess Im being pessimistic (sp?)

Before or after LHCF?
wink.gif
Well, seriously, "long" seems to be somewhat of a relative and subjective term. I have friends who consider my hair long, but I'll only consider it long when it reaches brastrap. Of course, when it reaches brastrap, that won't be long anymore. I'll then consider midback to be long . . . and on and on.
drunk.gif

Back