At a loss for words!

Skyfall

So I met this guy on an online dating website, we have had great convo so far, even chemistry I dare say, but in the back of my mind I get the feeling that something isn't quite right with this guy.
Firstly his profile reads as if he has been in the ares for awhile, awhile meaning at least a year and yet he tells me that he's only been here a month :ohwell:
Tells me that he just moved here and is currently unemployed and giving himself three months to find a job and is living with his brother in the meanwhile and that he shops at thrift stores.
I googled him today, as I do all the guys that i'm really interested in and found out that he has been living here for over a year, actually works at the place he told me he had an interview with yesterday, prolly lives in a really nice place, there's this website that tracked his movements, this negro went shopping at prada and gucci and all those kind of places.

So before all of this today on this website somebody posted a story about how this guy waited until he proposed to tell his gf that he was a millionaire, well that story was stuck in my head all day and then I find this out i'm like wtf?
I don't know how to confront him because I understand from his point of view that he makes alot of money and wants to protect himself on the other hand i'm like my God you are a f**king liar and I feel a bit hurt because like I said I was feeling him, so I decided to confront him in a roundabout way.
I brought up the story of the guy and tellling his fiance he was a millionaire when he proposed, he said that the guy should have never even have told his fiance because his finances are none of her business!!! :rolleyes:
So then I brought up a fictional story of how my friend told me this elaborate lie and how it boggled me, his response: oh just practice forgiveness and see that she had a good reason for herself :rolleyes:
I am just like wtf???
it also kinda creeps me out that I could find out all his business like that so easily on the internet....

:nono: :nono:
I don't know what to do..

I just want to know what website tells you were he shops...

This.... :look:

Also... He doesn't sound too bright if he's the type to come up with an elaborate lie & then give his real name knowing he has such a presence online... And If he didn't know about his own online presence, he's still not too bright. Who hasn't googled themselves?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

I just want to know what website tells you were he shops...
I was wondering if it was something like the twitter affiliate: https://foursquare.com/ It's basically social media on steroids. As if telling everyone on facebook and twitter that you were "out for brunch" or "about to buy groceries" wasn't enough, now you are telling the world exactly where you are buying groceries, and which restaurant you're having brunch in when you're having it. :ohwell: Sounds absurd, but people seem to be into that now. I don't even know if that's the site OP was browsing, but those types of sites exist.

Hmm...maybe this guy stole someone's identity. That was my first thought when reading your story. It seems a bit extreme for him to pretend not to have money if he really does. He could easily meet and date women who are in his socio-economic class without all the cloak and dagger stuff. You should be careful because this guy might be a thief, a nut, or something worse.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was something like the twitter affiliate: https://foursquare.com/ It's basically social media on steroids. As if telling everyone on facebook and twitter that you were "out for brunch" or "about to buy groceries" wasn't enough, now you are telling the world exactly where you are buying groceries, and which restaurant you're having brunch in when you're having it. :ohwell: Sounds absurd, but people seem to be into that now. I don't even know if that's the site OP was browsing, but those types of sites exist.

I have friends who logs into foursquare. I can see the purpose of it and it probably would be very useful for me. But I just don't like people being all up on my business like that.

Instead of hinting, etc., I would just move really slowly with this guy & see what he chooses to reveal over time, just go with the flow. The info you found could be inaccurate. If you continue to have a creepy feeling though, I would just leave him alone, could be your gut warning you. Please be careful.

I have friends who logs into foursquare. I can see the purpose of it and it probably would be very useful for me. But I just don't like people being all up on my business like that.
I just don't need people to know where I am at any given time. It's creepy to me. :nono:

Hmm...maybe this guy stole someone's identity. That was my first thought when reading your story. It seems a bit extreme for him to pretend not to have money if he really does. He could easily meet and date women who are in his socio-economic class without all the cloak and dagger stuff. You should be careful because this guy might be a thief, a nut, or something worse.

This post resonates with me and maybe becuase of my age but why the lies?

There is a difference with protecting your info and out right lying. I've met guys who didn't reveal all their info just to see where my interest was but they didn't lie.

I'd be more concerned with him lying than anything else.

I think he should've went about it a different way. He could've been up front about where he works, and by choice did not have to reveal where he lives or what he drives and etc. Even if someone (not saying you OP) got the dollar signs in their eyes after he revealed where he works, he could figure out for himself by the first or second date the type of person he is dating. I feel like him being dishonest is not a good way for him to start out...

Op, where did you find this info? That's kind of odd.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

ETA: I see the Foursquare website....
I don't really have any advice. If you think he lied and you can't trust him than KIM.

:look:Note to self, do not put my location on FB, when I reactivate my account.

Last edited:
I would personally leave this guy alone.
Maybe he is telling you the truth & the website that tracks his movement? could be the lies?

Either way its not making sense, there are issues with truth here danibeeja, your instincts are obviously telling you something, I think you should listen

Back