Are you Niko's Cousin?

I am sooooooo glad that someone has finally shed the light on this phrase. I always wondered what it meant. I thought they were talking about somebody and kept wondering, "who the heck is niko and their hair must be beautiful?"

Yes, I'm green and I know it.:lachen:

So for those of you who have suspected citing of a potential "Niko's cousin"... what did you say after you asked the question?

I had no clue..thanks for the heads up. My hairs not ready for the t-shirt yet. I'll have to stay undercover for a bit longer.

What up CUZ! (throwing up LHCF signs!)

It is so fitting cause I love ya'll like my play cousins. :lol:

I have yet to ask anyone that, but I am sooo gonna get that T-shirt. :yep:

Earlier this week while I was in DC a woman walked up to me at a stoplight across the street from Renwick Gallery and said "how do you do it"? I had NO idea what she was talking about, but I was looking at her healthy and BUNNED hair and wanted to ask if she was Niko's cousin.... so if it was you, say hi on here!

(Turned out she wanted to ask how I got my DH to dress like me.) :lachen::lachen:

I asked someone this question about a month ago.
The answer was that she didn't know any Niko.
I was embarrassed after :ohwell:
I'll do it again though...

I am glad to find this out. I have been wanting to know if this girl at work if she goes to any hair sites. lol. She has beautiful hair. I feel like I am in the know now!

I thought I was in the presence of Nikos Cousin today at work ! This lady had healthy thick shiny hair and I thought that she may have been a member.
She told me she was natural and that she was just wearing her hair straight for the day. I didn't want to just come out and ask her so I used a code question:grin: .
I asked her if she did "protective" styles, when she looked at me like I was one of the pod people and asked what I meant I knew that she wasn't a cousin:lachen:. Oh well close but no cigar:spinning:

I LOVE THIS!!!

Today, I read something about someone wondering if another woman was Niko's cousin. I was like, "Is that a TV show in the US? Who in the world is Niko and why does everyone on the site know him?"

I finally figured Niko was the only hairdresser who didn't cut when a trim/dust is needed, who did relaxers conscientiously, who knew relaxed and natural haircare equally well, loved Sabino moisture block, and loved to do braid-outs and twist-outs instead of always having to rely on direct heat. I wanted to meet Niko.

Now, I feel silly....but happy to finally know that I AM NIKO'S COUSIN!!! :lachen::lachen:

What's the history of this one? Anyone know? Was/is Niko a real person? (Sorry if the question is ultra dumb...showing my semi newbie-ness...)

cj

This is the answer I'm going to give If someone ask me if I am "Niko's Cousin" I am going to say........yes since 2007 that way the person asking will know I am from this site and don't really have a cousin named Niko.

I LOVE THIS!!!

Today, I read something about someone wondering if another woman was Niko's cousin. I was like, "Is that a TV show in the US? Who in the world is Niko and why does everyone on the site know him?"

I finally figured Niko was the only hairdresser who didn't cut when a trim/dust is needed, who did relaxers conscientiously, who knew relaxed and natural haircare equally well, loved Sabino moisture block, and loved to do braid-outs and twist-outs instead of always having to rely on direct heat. I wanted to meet Niko.

Now, I feel silly....but happy to finally know that I AM NIKO'S COUSIN!!! :lachen::lachen:

What's the history of this one? Anyone know? Was/is Niko a real person? (Sorry if the question is ultra dumb...showing my semi newbie-ness...)

cj

Girl I was in tears reading this one!:lachen::lachen::lachen: I was thinking the same thing!

I love this thread. I think I mentioned this before..but if you think you see me, then more than likely it's me. I even have "Jamaicalovely" on my car's front tags to confirm it for yah.
:iroc:

So, don't be afraid to ask.

:lachen::lachen:

I love this thread. I think I mentioned this before..but if you think you see me, then more than likely it's me. I even have "Jamaicalovely" on my car's front tags to confirm it for yah.
:iroc:

So, don't be afraid to ask.

:lachen::lachen:

Well if you see some one waving you down it will probably be me because we are from the same city!! :grin::rolleyes:

I LOVE THIS!!!

cj

The operator of this site's name is Nikos Dimopoulos !! If you scroll to the very, very bottom of every page you will see his/her name!! HTH

The copyright is until 2008.

I sure do hope Nikos didn't get hit in the recession.

Wouldn't it be funny if, as of 2009, we were all Tyrone's cousins?

Not.

Thanks for letting me know...

cj

I have embarassed myself on 4 occassions with this one. ESPECIALLY @ a local Sally's... she knew all about protective styles and was trying to help me find something for my hair that will protect my curls from turning into wilted mushy mess in the humidity...(WE NEVER DID FIND ANYTHING FOR ME) so anyone with any suggestions are welcomed!!!:yep:

I asked if she was Niko's cousin and she looked at me like I was an alien.:wallbash:

I've seen others that I wanted to ask, and I KNOW there are a lot of us here in the DMV (DC, Maryland & Virginia) area... but I'm not asking anymore...:nono:

OMG I'm so excited to see threads that I started SO long ago still alive :D I feel special :) I still haven't met any of Nikos' cousins in person :(

so i'm on the 1 train and i see this girl with THE most beautiful head of hair, i asked her if she was nikos cousin, she looked at me all annoyed and was like 'who the **** is Niko!?'
I was just like....nevermind... and slinked away haha.

I'm not asking anyone anymore lol

Back