Are you his Priority?

Ms Red

How does a man make you his priority? What are some of the things/actions he does to prove that you are #1 in his life? Please list some out. TIA :)

He takes you to meet his family, and they like you enough to invite you for hoilday dinners and go with they to church!

:yep: Thanks Sassyb4Classy. This is true, if he's hiding you from family (AND friends) then something is wrong.

I thought of some:

He calls/keeps in contact on a daily basis (no Missing in Action dudes)
He actually listens when you're having a conversation and can recall details

I'll be back with more.
He takes you to meet his family, and they like you enough to invite you for hoilday dinners and go with they to church!

You have an unexpected family emergency and are flying out in a couple of days. You tell him and he decides instead of taking his car, his pride and joy, to have some minor repairs he'll take you to the airport, and the flight is super early.

Lol I remember this guy I use to know would hold the blowdryer while I was blowing out my hair! and all the steam would get in his face!

I guess that was "love"

On the days that both you and him are off, he spends his time with you. (Except, if he has errands to run, but ya both can run errands together and he shouldn't mind)

-During that TOTM,he asks you if he needs to get you some pads from the store. :yep: AND buys the right kind without a fuss. :lachen:
-He calls/text just to say ,"I was thinking of you."
-He consults with you before he makes plan with anyone (even his mama)
-He doesn't mind losing an argument just to appease you :look:
-He "checks" his mama/people about how they treat you
-He "checks" his brothers/friends for cursing too much or talking too "manly" around you... talking about women and a$$es :nono:

Its the small things that count. :yep:

Last edited:
- He waits for you to start eating before he does.
- He gives you a massage without asking.
- He asks your opinion on things that matter to him.
- He stocks the fridge with your favorite foods when you come over.
- He'll spend his last dollar to be with you. (I hope it's not really his last...LOL)

Last edited:
he bails on his guys nite out to come do your 2 months worth of laundry for you :yep:

he calls often to let you know he's thinking about you

he puts your needs before his own

he makes you feel loved and important (whatever that means to YOU)

He calls in to his job when your kid, not his, has to go to the hospital to give you and the kid support.

He offers to keep spares of your fem stuff in his vehicle because his words and I quote "you never know what can occur" because he knows about your monthly issues.

He goes to meet your grandma knowing that if GG don' like 'im, he will be gone, no questions asked.

He calls his Mom to tell her he is crazy about you and he is going to marry you.

He stocks your house with the normal, practical essentials ie; toothpaste, toilet paper, dish detergent etc...

Every payday he's asking if you need refills on any of the above.

He takes on the roll of father figure to your children. He checks homework, offers to go to parent teacher conferences with you...etc.

He offers to drive you and all your crap from FL to GA because he loves you.

He actually shows you that he wants to be with you by spending time, actually courting you, was willing to wait to sleep with you, is willing to go back to celibacy with you, makes you feel his love in any way that he can...there are so many, most of mine are from personal experience, as you can tell. But everything that you ladies said are dead on.
EXCELLENT!

When he washes your hair for you.....AND deep condition it, then proceeds to help you blow dry it, grease your scalp, moisturize and suggest styles.

• If there is only one of something left to eat, he'll save it for you
  • He wants to know what you are doing first before he makes plans
  • He wants you to be at all of his family gathering/functions
  • He calls you to let you know that he is thinking of you
  • He wants to know what you'd like to do for your anniversary way in advance
  • He loves your family and takes care of them as if they are his own
  • He doesn't mind getting wet so you can have the entire umbrella for yourself
  • He takes your car to the gas station and fills it up with gas and a car wash as a surprise
  • All major situations are consulted with you before he makes a decision
  • He does not make you feel bad if you cannot have sex and still cuddles with you
  • He says "I love you," no matter who is around
  • He tells his mother and father all about you and how great you are
  • He goes with you to the mall and does not complain about it
  • He wants to be with you even if you cannot have children
  • He takes care of you when you are sick
  • He keeps his word!!!!!!
  • He does not freak out if you answer his phone or hide his phone from you
  • You have his friend's numbers just in case

• He takes your car to the gas station and fills it up with gas and a car wash as a surprise
  • He does not make you feel bad if you cannot have sex and still cuddles with you

This is wonderful. I wish I had a man that loves me like that :ohwell:

-During that TOTM,he asks you if he needs to get you some pads from the store. :yep: AND buys the right kind without a fuss. :lachen:
-He calls/text just to say ,"I was thinking of you."
-He consults with you before he makes plan with anyone (even his mama)
-He doesn't mind losing an argument just to appease you :look:
-He "checks" his mama/people about how they treat you
-He "checks" his brothers/friends for cursing too much or talking too "manly" around you... talking about women and a$$es :nono:

Its the small things that count. :yep:

Ha!! This reminds of the time that I sent dh to the store to get pads. He tried to go to one that was further away from the house so that he wouldn't see anyone that he knows. Once he got to the store he saw a male coworker. Him and dh were both lurking in the feminine product aisle making small talk but neither one of them would pick anything up off of the shelf until the other one walked away. When they met up again at the counter they bust out laughing when they saw that they were both trying to hide the pads. :rolleyes:

He takes one of his few and far between days off to help clean your house top to bottom (closets and everything, he helped me with focusing on this...i get so sidetracked), and goes with you to the furniture store and Target to buy needed furniture and file cabinets, house supplies and drills, single handedly loads the stuff in your car, carries hundreds of pounds of furniture in your house (up and down stairs from 1 block away) on his back and spends hrs putting it together (fortunately he is VERY strong)...because your place needs it...and because you need a place where you can more effectively study.

The next time he came over he cooked us a wonderful salmon dinner and we watched a movie in my freshly cleaned house.

He also loves to cook dinner for my mom and dad. The lists of the things both he and his family does to show me how important I am to them is too vast to completely mention, but the above happened in the last 4 days. He shows me he loves me daily:-)

I love him so much!

WOW - just beautiful!

He takes one of his few and far between days off to help clean your house top to bottom (closets and everything, he helped me with focusing on this...i get so sidetracked), and goes with you to the furniture store and Target to buy needed furniture and file cabinets, house supplies and drills, single handedly loads the stuff in your car, carries hundreds of pounds of furniture in your house (up and down stairs from 1 block away) on his back and spends hrs putting it together (fortunately he is VERY strong)...because your place needs it...and because you need a place where you can more effectively study.

The next time he came over he cooked us a wonderful salmon dinner and we watched a movie in my freshly cleaned house.

He also loves to cook dinner for my mom and dad. The lists of the things both he and his family does to show me how important I am to them is too vast to completely mention, but the above happened in the last 4 days. He shows me he loves me daily:-)

I love him so much!

this is awesome! you ladies are really giving me hope...

Wow, taking notes :grin:

Back