Are you going to have a Boo-Less Christmas?

ThickHair

I will. I am still trying to figure out what to do on Sunday. I see my family all the time, like a few times a week. So getting together for Christmas isn't big like other's who only see their families around the holiday. We will dinner together and that will be it. I am also off on Monday.

*I may rent some Red Box films
*I am going to work out twice
*Finally drink that Chandon that I purchased for my birthday
*Do my closets and purge old clothes
*Do some crocheting

Anyone else have any ideas on what I should do?

BTW: This is not an oh woe is me, I have no man thread. This is an upbeat thread, I want things to do..

I will also be having a boo free holiday, which will be like any other holiday for me. LMAO

I also plan on cleaning out my closet and setting some goals for the year. Next year has to be better than 2011. It just has to be.

I also want to plan a menu for the week since I plan on cooking more often. Buying lunch daily is just getting to costly.

do you like video games? I think ones on wii are pretty fun. Just Dance/DDR/Micheal Jackson Experience/Mario
You could go out to the movies too, instead of redboxing something
not sure where you are but some historical places are open
give your self a manicure

i am always single but i'll be with my family. I know we'll watch films, play board games and do ddr in addition to our normal christmas traditions :)

On monday I plan on doing a little shopping and hanging out with a friend that's in town.

Last edited:
Umm, how about that thread about your cruise? :look:

Do you like to read? Maybe start a book that you hadn't had to time to pick up.

I'm always boo free, but I'll be spending some time with my family. I also plan on straightening my hair and taking pics for 2012 hair challenges.

Go shopping. Loads of stuff will be severely marked down so stores can get rid of their inventory for the new year. I'm getting new shoes and baking supplies.

Sure will be boo-free!! But not feeling bad about it at all. I'm with family, whom I see only twice a year.

Now, Valentine's day is coming up, and I'm sure I'll be boo-free then. I mean, there's not enough time for anything genuine to happen between now and then. But I looove me some Valentine's Day. I'm tempted to organize something at my apartment, but I can't guarantee that the people I know won't be on dates:lol:

do you like video games?
Ugh I hate video games.

I also plan on cleaning out my closet and setting some goals for the year. Next year has to be better than 2011. It just has to be.
Goals, YES

Holiday parties? They seem to be popping up everywhere.

Volunteering.
I am not a fan of holiday parties, other than the one's at work, folks usually get sloppy drunk and I really don't want to chop any throats. This Sat I am volunteering at my community center. The director has known me since I was a wee one. I volunteered the Saturday before I left for my cruise.

Umm, how about that thread about your cruise? :look:

Do you like to read? Maybe start a book that you hadn't had to time to pick up.
I know, I know about the pictures. My friends on FB are patiently waiting. I read 3 books when I was on the cruise. Mmmmmm, I might go to Half Price Books store and pick some up.

Sure will be boo-free!! But not feeling bad about it at all. I'm with family, whom I see only twice a year.

Now, Valentine's day is coming up, and I'm sure I'll be boo-free then. I mean, there's not enough time for anything genuine to happen between now and then. But I looove me some Valentine's Day. I'm tempted to organize something at my apartment, but I can't guarantee that the people I know won't be on dates:lol:
Oh, I date, no problem in that department. :)

I'm always boo free, but I'll be spending some time with my family. I also plan on straightening my hair and taking pics for 2012 hair challenges.

Go shopping. Loads of stuff will be severely marked down so stores can get rid of their inventory for the new year. I'm getting new shoes and baking supplies.
My sister and I always go at the beginning of the year to purchase gifts for each other. Gonna love the after holiday sales.

I will be boo-less. I will be with my family. We will eat and watch a marathon on something. I don't watch tv that much so it will be entertaining lol.

Yep, and I'm the only one. My siblings are all in relationships :ohwell: It will be fun anyway, since I love Christmas.

Maybe I will have a boo by Feb. because my family is having a get together and all the SO's are invited, for everyone else :ohwell:

Yep, and I'm the only one. My siblings are all in relationships :ohwell: It will be fun anyway, since I love Christmas.

Maybe I will have a boo by Feb. because my family is having a get together and all the SO's are invited, for everyone else :ohwell:

Mine too. I'm the only one who is consistently single. But oh well. I'm gonna partake of the big a** bottle of coconut Ciroc my manager got me and be as merry as possible. :lol:

Yes. I will be having a booless Christmas and my fam is going out of town. I didn't want to go and I plan on watching movies and marathons of my fave shows and staying in bed (also, my Granny will be in town. I'll probably take her out to dinner.). Um. I was going to make a fun day out of it, but people keep asking what I'm doing for Christmas and then when I tell them that they look at me with pity. No! I'm cool, though! If somebody else asks, I will lie :look:

My best friend is in town with her new boo and she invited me to her parent's house. Um. I'm fine, sweetie! You better concentrate on those introductions.

As for suggestions:

--I'm splurging with food and snacks. I also wanna try making kale chips to go with my marathon.

--um. You could make some butters :look: I wanted to bring samples of butters to work as gifts for people who aren't privy to this delightful website. I won't be doing that before Christmas so I'll probably do it Christmas weekend and bring it later.

--Volunteering is a great idea. I've done it for Thanksgiving but never Christmas, so I may look into that. You meet interesting people and the day passes really quickly.

ETA: I forgot to add that I'm sure I'll be on here at some point during Christmas. So see yall then. It's a Sunday :look:

Last edited:
Im technically boo free with a potential hanging around..I plan on going out clubbing on christmas eve, i have the week of christmas off, so Im going to pole dancing classes and whatever else I can get into..I try not to stay at home unless I really have to because it just reminds me of all the memories I share with the ex..A lot of smirnoff vodka will do the trick as well.
Hanging with my girls is always tricky because they are all in relationships, whether its being married or otherwise..So rolling solo for me is something Im quite used to..Im gonna wash and flat iron the hell outta this hair and hit the ground running..Ive bought a lot of cute clothes recently that I havent worn..so someone will get an eyeful this upcoming week..

I just have to say thank you OP for opening this thread. This will be my first Christmas alone and away from family.

I was kind of down because I was going to be alone and boo-less (just broke up with my ex), but now I'm optimistic of having some "me" time and doing the things I love to do. I may be alone, but not lonely :yep:

And yes I agree 2012 is going to be amazing! It has to be.

ThickHair, would you go on a date with a non-SO on V Day?? I imagine I'd feel awkward spending that day with a new guy lol, that's what I meant by not being able to guarantee that my friends won't be on dates (with guys who've been around for a bit)

Mine too. I'm the only one who is consistently single. But oh well. I'm gonna partake of the big a** bottle of coconut Ciroc my manager got me and be as merry as possible. :lol:
In my best Homer Simpson voice Caaahhhahhhahah coconut Ciroc. Remember I have my Chandon though. :)

ThickHair, would you go on a date with a non-SO on V Day?? )
Yeah, I would, a date is a date. Honestly I have never heard of a single man going out on a date with a non-SO on V Day? Any thing is possible though. :)

Yes I will be boo free...and glad about it lol!!! I will spend time with the family, do some organizing/cleaning around the house. I may even have to try some of that Coconut Ciroc!!!

I sure will be boo-free! I will be in atl for christmas but not new years. I'm wondering what i'm doing for the new year because my bestie is back home in texas.

I am....but I'm going to be surrounded by family, which keeps me pretty busy..

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Yes I am boo boo free on Christmas. I am largely not phased because I am used to it and I will be my family.
Do some women really allow their holidays to revolve around a man, one man? Gee!

Boo-Free checking in. I plan on cleaning up my room, trying to start the year off fresh. It will probably take me all weekend :spinning:. And then I will definitely catch a movie and start reading The Great Gatsby :yep:

Boo-free me at Christmas. In the days leading up to Christmas I will be especially busy cooking, cleaning, wrapping, etc... It is after the holiday, more towards New Years that I feel the lack of a Boo.

I too will be boo-free, except that I will be spending a good portion of the holiday with friends brother who I :heart2: . I think that might be worse. Maybe I'll get drunk and make a move. Life's short.

I'm boo-less, but I have my son.

For Christmas Eve, I'm going to a friend's big family gathering. On Christmas day, after we open presents, I'll cook breakfast and then we'll go to church. I did the big dinner thing for Thanksgiving and since so many restaurants are open, we'll go out to eat.

The rest of the day, we'll watch Christmas movies and my son will probably be busy on his DS. I may take him over to see the other side of his family, but maybe not because he has been with them all week. I need a new gym. Working out sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm really into Christmas movies and shows, so I'm looking forward to that. I need to also check to see if Sci-Fi channel is doing a Twilight Zone marathon.

I am....but I'm going to be surrounded by family, which keeps me pretty busy..
Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L
Isn't family the best? Yes, of course.
Do some women really allow their holidays to revolve around a man, one man? Gee!
Yes, every holiday, every movement. A few years for New Year's eve activities, I have ask friends do they want to hang out on NYE at least 2 weeks in advance and they all say they will let me know if their "man" doesn't plan anything. I would tell them all, well I am going to X, I will see ya if I see ya. Some ended up home alone and other's man did pick up some Ripple (I love Fred S-A-N-F-O-R-D Period) and they chilled at home. All wish they would have joined me. Oh well.

Back