Are We Overestimating Some Women's Worth?

dancinstallion

Or are these women continually doing things that lower their stock?

Continuing with Nicole Murphy, we think she can do better. But can she do better? Is she really worth it in those Hollywood streets? A Lot of you think she is, but if she were then she would have had another husband by now.

We know so many "pretty" women, educated and not, and talented, that could do better but they don't.

Why is this? Do all of these women not know their worth therefore they unintentionally devalue their own stock? Or are we overestimating what they are really worth based on looks?

I'd personally aim for someone less famous, like Eve or Serena Williams. I feel like it's less competition and less STDs. Maybe. But I still think Nicole doesn't really know her worth, because sloppily going after subpar married/taken men can't be that lucrative.

I don't think she could do better because if she could then she would have done it by now.

Continuing with Nicole Murphy, we think she can do better. But can she do better? Is she really worth it in those Hollywood streets? A Lot of you think she is, but if she were then she would have had another husband by now.

We know so many "pretty" women, educated and not, and talented, that could do better but they don't.

Why is this? Do all of these women not know their worth therefore they unintentionally devalue their own stock? Or are we overestimating what they are really worth based on looks?

I don't think she could do better because if she could then she would have done it by now.
Unfortunately women still think that pretty/good body is enough.

I have a white coworker that is white girl goals. Tall, blond, blue eyes, size 2, big boobs and a little bit of butt. However my friends husband (they are white also) said she was pretty but he would hate to be in a relationship with her because of her attitude.

I’m thinking that might be what’s wrong with Nicole. She is messy and no one wants to deal with that.

I wouldn't say a woman's looks, ability to get, keep, get married to or get money from a man is a good measuring stick for their stock. However, you make a excellent points on people devaluing themselves. The way I would articulate it is "so often both men an woman glamorize and romanticize superficial things and people that lack depth". You definitely have a point.

It's not being single it's why a person is single.
It's not that a woman is child free it's what she considers to refrain from getting pregnant in the first place.
It's now how much money a woman has its how she gets her money.
It's not her education its her intelligence.
It not the ability to present well in marriage it's the quality of life at home.
It's not just looking good it's your level of emotional health.
It's not that she's single mom. It's becoming a better person than the person she was when she only thought of herself.
It's how a woman values herself and builds her character that gives a more complete picture.
etc etc.
It takes more to correctly evaluate a thing than surface level presentation.

Last edited:
There's a lot of that on this board, especially for women that are seen as exxotical. I just assume some folks haven't been around many of these types in real life and are overvaluing them based on their own insecurities.

In my experience, the Nicole Murphys are just as screwed up and make just as many poor choices as anyone else.

When talking about women like Nicole we have to speak on the money. Even when we talk about Lela, its about money. Even Instagram thots want resources. These women are all worthy and valuable. They do look as good as we think they do. They are winners in their own way.

We are not overestimating these women's worth. We are overestimating how many men out can pay it. These men out here are broke and fronting about their money. Then you have the ones that are just narcissistic Hos who only value themselves. Big Money and decency are hard to find in one man.

Too many women are running around confused. They are wearing ridiculous costumes, Thoting it up, Breaking girl code out of desperation.

At his point, we just need to get the mentality of the Amazon and stop losing our minds out here.

It's not us it is them.

Nicole got Eddie to marry her at the height of his career. If she knew how to get a rich and famous man then, how come she can’t do it again?

I said the same thing about Porsha.

Do these women forget how they did it?

Even factoring in age these women should be able to do better than they are. I didn’t know about Nicole’s cheating antics which definitely lower her stock but that’s within her control.

Nicole got Eddie to marry her at the height of his career. If she knew how to get a rich and famous man then, how come she can’t do it again?

I said the same thing about Porsha.

Do these women forget how they did it?

Even factoring in age these women should be able to do better than they are. I didn’t know about Nicole’s cheating antics which definitely lower her stock but that’s within her control.

The number of rich and famous men available has dwindled. ...

Is a woman's worth based on what kind of man she can get, keep, or marry? A woman's worth and value should not have anything to do with men, especially if you know the true nature of men. They should not be a factor.

giphy.gif

While I agree with other posters, my concern is in regards to her money. I feel like she’s not creative. It may sound silly, but when she was with Eddie, what exactly did she do? Did she start anything, learn anything, do anything? I ask because if she isn’t good with money, I wonder what she didn’t learn during her time with Eddie that she’s in so much trouble now.

In terms of her worth, she’s using what she got, but is she really getting what she wants and what does she really want?

Is a woman's worth based on what kind of man she can get, keep, or marry? A woman's worth and value should not have anything to do with men, especially if you know the true nature of men. They should not be a factor.

giphy.gif

I think a woman's value is based on her overall well being with or without a man.
I disagree that a man in your life shouldn't be a factor because he's either adding too or taking from the woman's overall well being so his contribution or lack of contribution counts.

giphy.gif

:lachen:
Men should not be tied to a women's worth, just like kids shouldn't be. we should all know this.
That was one example getting and keeping a husband. Since that is what some women want.
Using Nicole as another example of a woman that could have a fitness/health empire and a strong following BUT she continues to fall short on building something for herself. So that is why I said I don't think she can or is capable of doing better for herself.

Last edited:
I think Nicole is the one overvaluing herself. She thinks she can pull the same men, likely doing the same things she did 26 years ago. She refuses to alter her strategy. If she changed things up, she could be remarried quickly, I think. And she wouldn’t be out here looking stupid right now.

Worth is extremely relative. Depends on who you’re asking to pay. You have to go where your stock is highest. Nicole could be some older wealthy business man’s most valuable treasure. But she seems to be fishing for another Eddie Murphy type in a pool where her value is waning. So far we know she’s tried to “steal”
Antoine Fuqua, Michael Misick, and... Birdman. These men don’t value women at all, period.

I think she can do better than a married director with a reputation of sleeping with everyone but his wife and let Nicole take the fall when those pictures got published. Nicole could be mentally unstable and have the personality of a flesh eating rash and still do better. You don't have to have "high stock" to have a committed relationship or marry well. I stay lurking in @Crackers Phinn thread on the royals in the ET forum and the thing I find interesting is, while some of the commoners that married Princes and Kings are beautiful, some are just conventionally pretty and some are Camilla Parker Bowles who looks like a foot. Some came from great families and some didn't. Look at Wallis Simpson, she was American and twice-divorced, her stock was real low. Edward VIII still wanted to marry her and gave up his throne to do so. Let's look at Eve. Rapper, had a tv show on the CW (or was it the WB. . . .UPN?!), ex-stripper, has paw prints on her bossom and is married to Maximillion Cooper, who is worth more than Antoine Fuqua. My personal opinion is a lot of women, don't do better because they don't think they can do better and willing to settle for table scraps when they don't have to. I also don't think it's ever to late too late to get a little self-worth and change the way you date. I'll say it again, if a man really wants to be with you, stock means very little. You maybe a crackhead, but you're his sexy crackhead.

I think Nicole is the one overvaluing herself. She thinks she can pull the same men, likely doing the same things she did 26 years ago. She refuses to alter her strategy. If she changed things up, she could be remarried quickly, I think. And she wouldn’t be out here looking stupid right now.

Worth is extremely relative. Depends on who you’re asking to pay. You have to go where your stock is highest. Nicole could be some older wealthy business man’s most valuable treasure. But she seems to be fishing for another Eddie Murphy type in a pool where her value is waning. So far we know she’s tried to “steal”
Antoine Fuqua, Michael Misick, and... Birdman. These men don’t value women at all, period.

I don't think she's necessarily overvaluing herself. Her type is specifically rich, Black men. That brings her options down quite a bit. Also, it's not the 80s and 90s anymore, a lot of these rich Black men just marry white or Asian, tossing that brown paper bag out the window. Why have a light-skinned trophy when you can get the blonde, blue-eyed trophy that your rich, white male peers have? So, Nicole has basically limited her options to rich Black men who like Black to Black-ish women. And this is where the desperation kicks in, because her financial survival is based on finding these unicorns. And I'm guessing she's not subtle about it, the thirst probably emanates from her pores. She knows beauty is fleeting and she's competing with younger and whiter. It probably sounds weird to say this in the context of dating, but she has no power. And the men she's chasing after probably know that. Men don't value what they can get easily.

If Nicole just has to have a rich man, then she needs to open up that dating pool. Go for the guys that are rich but not famous. I had never heard of Alexis Ohanian until Serena married him and I definitely hadn't heard of Eve's husband until she married him. Find one of those tech bros and she can be the Queen of Silicon Valley. Someone who knows he's darn lucky to have her (even if he really isn't).

Back