Are U Getting One? Taren Guy "It's All Mine" Tee-shirt

I live in the UK so theres no eay i would purchase the t-shirt anyways. Its an alrite design doe, but it really didnt to be that overpriced.

I think the shirts are cutesy and I like what Taren is doing. I'm not likely to buy one because I'm looking for my baby doll Michael Jackson T-shirt. I can't find my clothes!
But I love Taren's hustle.

I didn't read the thread.

$30 is just too much period. But as I said I'm a cheap person ...that T-shirt is worth $15.
And honestly if I were to buy a shirt with a women with an afro..might sound petty but I'd like some one who looks more like me. That women looks like a white lady, it would be weird. Nothing wrong with the ladies features but I always avoided shirts with white ladies on it, I know weird but it makes me feel weird. I love taren and I wish her the best, the pink one is cute.

Last edited:
The design isn't appealing to me and her name on the shirt is even less appealing. I don't mind paying a little extra for a shirt with a design I am crazy about but it looks like she got some aeropostale shirts and printed her little design on it. Not worth $30. She should have priced it at $20 and not included her name on it.

empressri when i read this i got this cooling sensation down my back of shade. :lol:

OT: but I really love Taren's curly/kinky full Afro much better than when her hair was heat trained with those loose curls.

**SaSSy** nah i personally don't have a problem with her! she didnt slap my momma and steal her wallet. but....it's not like im lying.

oh im sorry im not supposed to say how i see it.

When I saw Wicked I bought a tee shirt and it was like thirty bucks I think. I had no issue paying for it because the experience of it all was worth it. She does not have the same level of value for me hence it's not worth the money. If folks value her on that level they will, those that don't won't. Simple as that.

I applaud her hustle.
I never wear tees so wouldn't buy one. But I don't think $30 is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

$30 is what they charge for T-Shirts at Banana Republic. Taren is no BR. I think her price point is too high. Not to mention that she has her name plastered on it which ruined what was an otherwise very cute tee.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, I'm too often controvertial.

But I don't see what's wrong with branding your name on your merchandise. You gotta start somewhere. Donna Karen managed it and I don't hear people refusing to wear her stuff. You gotta start with friends, family, strangers being willing to embrace the brand.

I admit I don't understand the M.I.N.E. "ethos" behind the branding, but the idea of wearing an "It's all Mine" logo is cool and for a decent price if the UK had em, I wouldn't mind.

Maybe if she put her name on the inside label to start with and then as her business/brand got bigger and more popular she could go all out and splice it across the front. What do y'all think?

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, I'm too often controvertial.

But I don't see what's wrong with branding your name on your merchandise. You gotta start somewhere. Donna Karen managed it and I don't hear people refusing to wear her stuff. You gotta start with friends, family, strangers being willing to embrace the brand.

I admit I don't understand the M.I.N.E. "ethos" behind the branding, but the idea of wearing an "It's all Mine" logo is cool and for a decent price if the UK had em, I wouldn't mind.

Maybe if she put her name on the inside label to start with and then as her business/brand got bigger and more popular she could go all out and splice it across the front. What do y'all think?

Someone pointed this out earlier in the thread, so it seems that people agree with you.

How much are you guys willing to pay for a t-shirt? $19.99? $15.99?

I don't wear t-shirts and if I do it's mainly to work-out in them.
But if I were to purchase t-shirts, the most I would spend is $15.00...only because the most I would wear it is once or twice.

:lol: at Taren's attempt to try to explain the MINE acronym again...

It means making it necessary for everyone in ALL that you do.... There will be diff designs using M.I.N.E in diff ways... So in this sense, yes, being the natural YOU is the positive message behind this particular shirt... But it's a general line.. Not geared ONLY towards natural hair.. Just wanted the first shirt to represent that..

taren916 in reply to franzabananza (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Still doesn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

Making it necessary for what? I don't understand:sad: I wouldn't buy it b/c it's see-through; her whole bra is visible in the video:perplexed

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
I'm here again and still no one knows what the slogan really means :lol:

I don't think Taren even knows. You're not supposed to use "it" without explaining what "it" is!!! The is really frustrating me now lol
I knew she was gonna say something vague like "it applies to everything", "it's whatever you want it to be", but "it" still doesn't make any sense.

I really don't understand her slogan, I know it's been said time and time again too but I really want to understand it but I can't :lol:.

I really like Taren, she's inspiring in a lot of ways but I sometimes see her as Kim K. In a sense that she got kinda big really fast and now trying to find a way to make money off it.

I don't have any beef with her or anything, just seems she's all over the place. Maybe of she zoned in on one thing then she could really take off.

Her shirt design is cute but the price does turn me off. The pink and green color one hurts my eyes too. I'll look forward to her next venture. This one is too pricey for my taste.

Smh @ paying $30 for a knockoff $5.99 Old Navy t-shirt... I'm not digging her fro either, but she's cute in the face! :ohwell:

NO.com
NO.org
NO.net
NO.gov
NO.biz
NO.edu

and I like Taren, but $30? Choose a seat at the stadium and take it!

Making It Necessary for Everyone. SMH

NO.com
NO.org
NO.net
NO.gov
NO.biz
NO.edu

and I like Taren, but $30? Choose a seat at the stadium and take it!

Making It Necessary for Everyone. SMH

DEAD.gif

^^^
no.tv
no.info
:lol:

I don't have a problem with her but I don't pay $30 for T-shirts especially if it has someone's name plastered on it. However there are lots who will so good for her/them.

Basically with the name being so big (I didnt see the vid, I just read the posts) but I feel the person who wants to get paid to advertise free products wants us to pay ALOT to advertise her product for free

Taren is kinda backwards with that and she needs to move her name to a discreet spot.

:edited to make more sense:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:
As many posters have said before the slogan makes no sense.... even when applied to natural hair.

making [natural hair] necessary for everyone .... really? Necessary?
I'm natural and its not even necessary for me

well she did mention "movement" quite a bit so maybe shes gonna lobby for the passing of a mandatory natural hair law ... then it would be necessary for everyone

Back