Are "silky dreads" permanent?

pink219

Are "silky dreads" permanent? Can they be kept in for like 2 or 3 months and then taken out with out matted and "dreaded" hair?

Has anyone seen any pics of silky dreads that look nice?

Uh, if you can remove then, it looks very difficult to do. Why even do it if you don't want to keep them.:nono:

Oh my GAWD:drool: W:eek:W those look G:love:RGEOUS!!!!

I'm SUCH a fan of temporary dread styles like silky dreads and yarn braids:love3: I'm sure they can be taken down:yep:...I knew a lady who had them in this gorgeous auburnish brown I couldn't help but to stare at her all the time they were soooo pretty.....I have no idea how she took em down though:ohwell: but I know it was a temporary style for her.

*Off to go watch tutorials on how to do silky dreads or take them down*:reddancer:

They look similar to braid extensions to me, with the parts and the "knots" at the base. I'd guess they wouldn't be too different as far as taking them down...

They're not hard to take down. The way I did them was to do box braids first then wrap a piece of extension around the braid starting from the root to the end. Then the end is burnt and smoothed to keep it neat- if you wind it tight enough it doesn't come loose. When you take them out, you cut the end off, unravel the hair, then undo the braid.

Are you doing them yourself? I'd love to see how they turn out.

I'm doing these this week:pepper: I did a practice one on DD and it wasn't hard at all.....of course now she wants me to do her whole head:lol:

b36fcb26.jpg

I love these , I didn't know what they were called though. We used to use some embroidery thread to make some with stripes or color and patterens on them :D

Back