CHUNKS of DREADS... what to do!

Girl, I am the Queen of post wash dreads. I get them ALL the time. I just a rat tail comb to detangle them. Start from end to root. It usually takes me the whole day to detangle but dammit, I do it myself because if anyone else did it, they'd want to cut it and get it over with.

UPDATE!!!!

I got the last one out!!!!!!!:yep:

thank you so much ladies! you all are so wonderful. If it weren't for you, I could not have done it.
I really was sadly contemplating cutting the hair to neck length.

All I used were: water, olive oil, my rat-tail comb, my large shower comb, and a little bit of conditioner in a couple of spots.

The last one was sooo difficult to get out, and i lost a good amount of hair on that side, but my hair looks fine.
I cowashed and deep-conditioned after and made sure to comb it this time!

Thanks again!

I got mine our as well it took about 3 hours to untangle. I guess 5 hours total because I sat with coconut oil on my head for 2 hours.

I had a tub of coconut oil from the natural food store. I didnt heat it, just rubbed it in my hands to liquify and covered my whole head

About 2 hours later I seperated my head into 8 large pieces and worked through each one. I had a spray bottle with 3 parts water 1 part detangle conditioner to spay on them to keep wet. I used a wide-tooth comb and rat tail.

Oonce done each section I platted it and went on to the next. Well something made me go back and check the first section low and be hold there were more matted pieces. I rechecked each section 3 or 4 times finding more and more, probably 10 in all.

then I shampooed/rince each individual braid seperately. once all were shampooed and rinsed. I conditioned them each and let con sit for about 30 minutes. Rinsed each section.

Then blow dried. I am going to go back to my old regiment of washing 1/week and flat iron 1/week.

My wash and go regiment doest work unless I am really careful. the roots become matted so easily. I thought I was saving time, but yet i just spent my whole saturday undoing knots and dreads.

the coconut oil def. helped and i had minimal hair loss.

Girl, I am the Queen of post wash dreads. I get them ALL the time. I just a rat tail comb to detangle them. Start from end to root. It usually takes me the whole day to detangle but dammit, I do it myself because if anyone else did it, they'd want to cut it and get it over with.

What's going on that you're getting all these locks? I realize that African textured hair can lock easily, but why are you getting them so often?

Back