April 16, 17, & 18th - What Are YOur Hair Plans

At some point this weekend I will
Wash w/CON green
Protiein treatment with SE Mayo
DC w/ Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask (I think) or SE Moisturizing Treatment
Final Rinse w/Porosity Control

Maybe bun...but Im feeling the urge to flat iron

It'll be 2 weeks this Saturday since I've had my crochet braids in. I want to wash and DC again this Saturday or Sunday (I did this last Sunday), but it's already a bit frizzy.

My plan was to keep this in my hair for a month (4 weeks) but I wanna take it out this weekend....I really miss my hair :(. It's been about 10 years since I've had a head full of fake hair and it's just not for me. I might have to just try cornrows and rocking half wigs to try to retain more of my length cause I need to be able to run my hands through my hair and co-wash/wash weekly/DC 2x a week :/

*done throwing tantrum*

I went to the salon on Saturday, April 10 to get my hair flat ironed (hadn't had it straightened in weeks).

I'm going to wash my hair on Sunday, April 18 and wear it in a curly ponytail / bun / French twist.

I mix up Elasta QP DPR 11,Atone Bontanical Reconstructor,Olive and Honey and and put on my Mastex heating cap for 20 mins.
This is a wonderful moisturizing treat for my hair.

Shampoo with Aphogee for Damaged hair
Aphogee 2 min Recon
Steaming right now with Silk Elements Cholesterol
Aphogee Leave in and Green Tea
Apply S curl and Coconut Oil
Air dry and tie it down with a satin scarf
Wiggin it tomorrow, 10 weeks post

Congratulations CUTENSS on that Steamer Purchase, review review when you decide on what your doing and with what :)

Will do. I went and bought a couple of ORS paks, that I am going to mix with my WEN re-moist hydrating mask. Can we say yummy :lick: I will put my review in the Huetiful review thread :yep:

Since I just BC'd, I want to settle into a regimine. I also need to get back into taking my vits. It took me a year to transition to the length that I have now, but I'm hoping to double the size of my fro before 2011.

Tomorrow I'm going to make sure that my hair is nice and big and that my curls are defined.

• protein treatment
  • moisturizing conditioner
  • deep condition w/ one of my Skala masques
  • airdry, flat iron, set with satin sponge rollers

I am washing, conditioning, blow drying, flat ironing and trimming .5 inch. May do the curlformer look on my flat ironed hair. Just got them last week!

I just washed and deep conditioned w/ Shea Moisture's deep masque treatment which is pretty good, it's moisturizing, coneless, and pretty decent all for $10. I then added my leave in and pulled wet hair into a ponytail w/ a roller on the end. I put on my scarf and plan to let my hair airdry as I am not really going anywhere until Monday morning.

I just applied some henna on my fornt hairline a few minutes ago which I will be sleeping in tonight. I may apply some indigo on just the hairline as well because my hair vitamins are working too well:yay:.

I will also be DCing too but don't know what I'll be using as yet. Will most likely update that tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm in the second week with my sew-in.

-I DC'd my leave-out hair in the front and back.
-Shampooed and Conditioned my braids, my hair, and the weave hair. Used a dab of -Silicon Mix Leave-in on my leave out hair.
- Used some Chi Silk Infusion and Sabino before sitting under the dryer/blow drying/flat ironing.

Also, tightened up some of the tracks (obviously not done well if some are loose at week 2).

Everything looks good and I'm learning more and more about caring for my hair in a weave.

So, I've applied a DC (Alter Ego Garlic) on dry hair, braided and baggied for the night. Early in the morning, I'll wash, steam for 30 min with something, and figure out how I want to wear it to church. When I get back, I'll rinse, juice, and start the braidout cycle for the week.

Took down my sew-in today after 6 wks. I'll probably wash w/ Mizani Bontafying do a protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2 min and DC w/ Mizani Moisturefuse then rollerset and bun...

Today I Dc'ed with a cocktail of conditoners, oils, avocado butter, honey, and amlakalpi tone powders. Shampooed twice with Redken Soft Shampoo. Conditioned with Aussie moist. Detangled. And Moisturized with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.
My hair is legit Midback length!!! :D

... for the first time ever... bentonite clay did not clean my hair :( I'm stuck with oily hair for church tomorrow. :(

i've been trying since tuesday to get my raggedy cousin to braid my hair so i can sew these tracks in. well, looks like i'll have to get mom to do it tomorrow. i'm just so ready to put my hair away that i don't even care. hopefully it doesn't take all day to install it....never done it before, so i hope i don't do something dumb and cause a setback.

I have the indigo on my hairline right now and will be DCing with JASON Jojoba and Lemongrass conditioner mixed with Giovanni SAS and Avalon Oranics Biotin and B-Complex Thickening conditioners. I hope it comes out soft and moisturized.

I was suppose to wash & DC today, but I was feeling lazy...soo I just co-washed and put 8 plaits in :ohwell:

Update:

I decided to give myself a deep protein treatment with Dudley's DRC28 first and then DC with my moisturizing conditioners in my earlier post above:yep:

Update:

I decided to give myself a deep protein treatment with Dudley's DRC28 first and then DC with my moisturizing conditioners in my earlier post above:yep:

I have my moisturizing conditioners in my hair and will leave them in for the rest of the day. The reason being, after washing out the DRC28, my new growth shrunk to a tiny little fro and it felt really really strong and kinda hard.

I expected as much so I decided to DC all day into tomorrow morning when I will wash it out. So far I like the strength o fmy hair after the DRC treatment but I will watch it over the course of the next few days and see how my hair reacts.

A few first times that went well. First I clarified, then tried Aphogee 2-step on Friday. I think it went well. That stuff is messy! conditioned with aphogee's balancing moist, then nexxus humectress dc, then a little Roux pc mixed with silicon mix. Put in my fave leave-in and Argan oil, waited until I was about 70% dry then did my first braid out with red flexi rods and papers on the ends. My hair was bit hard but strong and not impossible to manage. Loved it!!

Sat co-washed after I worked out with more nexxus humectress dc. Then another braid out (slightly larger braids about 6) leave-in and Argan oil, red flexi rods and papers on the ends. My hair a still a little hard but it's super shiny and I love the texture. I'm starting to think the Silicon Mix Treatment is better for me than Humectress. I think I would've been softer today if I had used the SMT.

Last edited:
on friday i...
washed with so sexy nourishing shampoo
applied sebastian's colorshines in clear mixed with loreal hydra gloss conditioner
blowout with ceramic brush

Back