APL Stagnant

kandi1280

I've been at APL for YEARS and it is really annoying to say the least. Because I had a very weak and damaged nape area I focused special attention to that section of my hair and I'm happy to say it finally grew in. I actually didn't even realize it myself until I saw the pics :yay: BUT the downside is that I'm STILL stuck at APL after 5 years! :wallbash:

Granted I've had two very horrible set backs where I had major surgery and my hair was severely neglected during the mending process. Last summer was particularly rough as I had abdominal surgery to remove fibroids and I didn't give two fraganacals :nono: what my hair looked like dealing with the pain of that. Unfortuneately I didn't get back on a good regimen until late last year. However, knowing all of that it is still VERY frustrating.

I am happy to say that I've seen a drastic improvement in the last 3 months, especially with my nape area.

March 23, 2007 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - March 11, 2009
Growing%20out%20me%20weak%20area%202_copy.jpg
Ends%20-%20resized2.jpg

But here is the comparison of the damage
July 2008
July%20Relaxer_copy.jpg

March 11, 2009
You can see how horrible the setback is :( :cry: :( The length is actually the same as my nape area just looks chewed up and dry. It looks much shorter I have new growth shrinkage (my new growth is really thick at the top of my head) and my hair had been clipped up and not combed out properly.
March%2009%20Damage_copy.jpg

But my goal is to nurture it and bring my healthy hair back. No more excuses, I'm excellent now health-wise and no more antibiotics and medications. So I'm looking forward to the next 6 months. This year's goal is healthy BSL. But my FIRST thing will be to get rid of those ratty ends. :ohwell:

I've been at APL for YEARS and it is really annoying to say the least. Because I had a very weak and damaged nape area I focused special attention to that section of my hair and I'm happy to say it finally grew in. I actually didn't even realize it myself until I saw the pics :yay: BUT the downside is that I'm STILL stuck at APL after 5 years! :wallbash:

Granted I've had two very horrible set backs where I had major surgery and my hair was severely neglected during the mending process. Last summer was particularly rough as I had abdominal surgery to remove fibroids and I didn't give two fraganacals :nono: what my hair looked like dealing with the pain of that. Unfortuneately I didn't get back on a good regimen until late last year. However, knowing all of that it is still VERY frustrating.

I am happy to say that I've seen a drastic improvement in the last 3 months, especially with my nape area.

March 23, 2007 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - March 11, 2009
Growing%20out%20me%20weak%20area%202_copy.jpg
Ends%20-%20resized2.jpg

But here is the comparison of the damage
July 2008
July%20Relaxer_copy.jpg

March 11, 2009
You can see how horrible the setback is :( :cry: :( The length is actually the same as my nape area just looks chewed up and dry. It looks much shorter I have new growth shrinkage (my new growth is really thick at the top of my head) and my hair had been clipped up and not combed out properly.
March%2009%20Damage_copy.jpg

But my goal is to nurture it and bring my healthy hair back. No more excuses, I'm excellent now health-wise and no more antibiotics and medications. So I'm looking forward to the next 6 months. This year's goal is healthy BSL. But my FIRST thing will be to get rid of those ratty ends. :ohwell:

Now that you are healthy you will get to any hair goal you want!
HHG

I think your hair looks beautiful!

Do you color it? I love how dark it is.

Your nape grew back very nicely. And your hair is VERY thick. I know you want BSL but if I had your hair I'd be like :grin:

Hi loca, I do color my hair with colorshowers, but I haven't colored it since last summer. That reminds me that I need to do it again. :) But my hair is actually lighter than that; it could be the lighting.

GREAT job my nape was the same BUT not any more i give it special attention it seem to need mor moisture than the rest of my hair i also grew almost two inches in braids when i was using mega tek in one month!!! if you are ever sick again(god forbid) cold flu put it in four or two cornrows going back

Well, I think I might be in the same category, I don’t know if Im exactly APL, but pretty much.

I have been the same length going on 3 years. With periods of it being longer, BUT... I had a nape issue that shortened me up, I had thin ends after my last son, shortened me up, and since I am an avid heat user and will always and forever until the end of time use some kind of heat on my hair, I will always need to trim.. BUT, I do think that cutting down on heat has helped me out a lot, I even only BD and FI my hair one time in the past month, believe me, that’s a big deal up in this head.

LOL, I guess my whole point is, Id rather be the same length with healthy sexy hair than this!!!

http://public.fotki.com/khandi/2008/styles-trials-and-t/picture107640x480.html

I really tried to hold on to that, LOL then had to do this

http://public.fotki.com/khandi/2008/styles-trials-and-t/picture112640x480.html

I've been taking care of my hair too for three years. I had several bald spots, lots of setbacks. So I know how you feel. We'll get to our goal!

Khandi your hair looks great!! It looks like you were kissing brastrap right as your ends began to thin, but yes, they do look wonderful after the cut.

Thanks!! and yeah I had one piece of hair that was there..

But Id so rather have healthy hair than BSL ...

Your hair looks great!!!

Khandi your hair looks great!! It looks like you were kissing brastrap right as your ends began to thin, but yes, they do look wonderful after the cut.

girl I feel you. I've been stagnant at APL for too long and its annoying. At least I know why. (Neglect)

Back