APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

I'm still here, checking in, been in braids since the middle of may and won't take them out until sept 1! I'm missing check-ins, I know but hopefully I will be a few inches from bsl since I was about 1.5 inches from apl in the beginning of April! I can't wait to get these braids out!

Im thinking about going to dollar tree and stocking up on vo5 conditioner "just because". If I had more conditioner on hand I would probably cowash more :yep:

I haven't had any time to DC lately. Earlier this week I even simply shampoo'd, applied leave in, then styled :look::look:
This weekend I'll pamper my hair for sure!

Did the aphogee 2 step last night with deep conditioner. Hair felt great this morning but my ends are kind of dry now (in a braid out)... Will deep condition my ends when i get home.

Question: How are you ladies tracking what exactly is BSL? In some bras on some days I'm scraping/solid the top part of my bra strap but other times I'm an inch or two off.

Did the aphogee 2 step last night with deep conditioner. Hair felt great this morning but my ends are kind of dry now (in a braid out)... Will deep condition my ends when i get home.

Question: How are you ladies tracking what exactly is BSL? In some bras on some days I'm scraping/solid the top part of my bra strap but other times I'm an inch or two off.

Im the same way. Some bras are thicker/lower than others. I'm trying to be consistent by using the same bra each time. I also try to use a bright color bra so that my hair doesnt blend in. Im between 1-2 inches away...and I need a small trim. Sigh

Did the aphogee 2 step last night with deep conditioner. Hair felt great this morning but my ends are kind of dry now (in a braid out)... Will deep condition my ends when i get home. Question: How are you ladies tracking what exactly is BSL? In some bras on some days I'm scraping/solid the top part of my bra strap but other times I'm an inch or two off.

I got a length check t shirt.. I actually made one and I write on the the dates I reach each tick mark.

On another note....
Here's a pic from last week when I took down my install. I'm already back in another install. September 4th is take down day. 3 months y'all... 3 months.

image-1840089215.jpg

Yes yes.. My counter is cluttered.

Did the aphogee 2 step last night with deep conditioner. Hair felt great this morning but my ends are kind of dry now (in a braid out)... Will deep condition my ends when i get home. Question: How are you ladies tracking what exactly is BSL? In some bras on some days I'm scraping/solid the top part of my bra strap but other times I'm an inch or two off.

I always wonder this too. I think I'm leaning more toward using my shoulder blades as a marker.

Just wondering why are APL an BSL(BSB) together in this thread. Those lengths are quite far apart on me. I don't expect to be APL until Dec this year.
I need to see if there's a 2015 BSL/BSB thread.

Or because it is possible to achieve both goals in one year. Example: nl/sl-sl/apl-apl/bsl-bsl/mbl, etc.

I dont think the 2015 challenge has started yet, but I would love to host it next year :yep:

People were asked in the beginning if they wanted the goals combined and they did. Some people felt that they would reach APL and then would like to continue onto BSB/BSL. Somepeople were realy close to APl so they would be leaving sooner.

HappyAtLast I would just wait until October when the new challenges are created. There will probably be a thread created for what you want.

Or because it is possible to achieve both goals in one year. Example: nl/sl-sl/apl-apl/bsl-bsl/mbl, etc.

I dont think the 2015 challenge has started yet, but I would love to host it next year :yep:

Yes it is very possible to acieve two goals in a year.
Gr8! Please start the thread challenge in like late October so I can join lol.

My newest protective style. I wanted to try a short wig. It's hot out there :lachen:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1405123805962.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1405123805962.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 83
My first EVER sock bun, my hair has never been long enough for me to try it. Please excuse the ironing board lol, it's nasty I know.

Okay sometimes it comes out right, sometimes upside down, oh well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 114
Thanks Ladies! I think I've decided that I'll use one bra (my white one) to determine BSL at the height I normally wear when the cups are completely in line with the back. By this measure my longest layers are scraping BSL but I won't call it full until it hits the bottom.

Pics: (excuse my mirror)

Attachments

• 20140712_092208.jpg
    20140712_092208.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 137
  • 20140712_092228.jpg
    20140712_092228.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20140712_092311.jpg
    20140712_092311.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 158
That's true HappyAtLast I think they combined some length goals because people didn't want to leave their friends behind once they reached the goal.

This us true. I don't come to the hair side much, but when I do, I come straight to this thread to check up on everyone. I'm attached to this group.

Go for it! I'll be there!! :wave:

Thanks Ladies! I think I've decided that I'll use one bra (my white one) to determine BSL at the height I normally wear when the cups are completely in line with the back. By this measure my longest layers are scraping BSL but I won't call it full until it hits the bottom. Pics: (excuse my mirror)

Awesome growth!

Thanks Ladies! I think I've decided that I'll use one bra (my white one) to determine BSL at the height I normally wear when the cups are completely in line with the back. By this measure my longest layers are scraping BSL but I won't call it full until it hits the bottom. Pics: (excuse my mirror)

Ummmmm.... That is some beautiful length .
How have you been retaining ? (PS?, bunning?)

Yeah you'll be in the BSL/MBL thread in 3, 2, 1

I shampood with Creme of Nature Argan oil then I used vo5 Raspberry for slip. After i rinsed the conditioner, I detangled each braid to remove shed hair and braided it back. Then I sealed with evoo and argan oil.

Haven't been on here recently, but just relaxed from a 10 week stretch. Honestly my nape area has grown out but I don't really notice any growth in overall length :/ think I'll just PS for a while .

Ummmmm.... That is some beautiful length .
How have you been retaining ? (PS?, bunning?)

Yeah you'll be in the BSL/MBL thread in 3, 2, 1

Thank you! :) I was at this length in February of this year but I definitely had WAY more splits than I do now. The biggest difference between what I'm doing now and then is bolded below.

Generally though:
- 2x week ApHogee 2 min reconstructor
- 1-2x+ week deep condition
- LOC method (extra castor oil + shea butter on ends)
- set hair to dry completely in braids
- bun often (I'm in the summer bun challenge actually)
- MOISTURIZING ON DEMAND
- reduced S&D/trims

The biggest difference in my hair has come from deep conditioning, M&Sing and GHEing when my ends feel like they need it and not to some schedule I made up... I have 2-4 ends of dry (but not split) hair and when those ends are properly moisturized and strengthened they literally feel like silk, but almost anything will set them off (a passing breeze, a bun, an odd numbered day of the month etc.). Responsive moisturizing and conditioning has kept a lot of this integrity intact.

I am worried about the effects of daily manipulation though. Do you ladies have any tips??

The longest I've been is just shy of MBL and all along that journey, I've preferred BSB (below shoulder blade) because its an absolute fixed point on your body just like NL, EL, SL, APL, WL.

BSL is just way too subjective to me - that length point changes every time I put on a different bra! No thanks!

Back