APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Ty so much! I was shocked because after that rollerset last month I just wanted to cry!!! I had been wet bunning all month and clearly that worked very well for my hair although I do need a trim.

Below is a better pic with more light.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes your hair looks amazing. I love your texture...are you relaxed? If so you have some beautiful texture to your hair. If natural then you still have amazing texture when str8end.

Ty so much! I was shocked because after that rollerset last month I just wanted to cry!!! I had been wet bunning all month and clearly that worked very well for my hair although I do need a trim.

Below is a better pic with more light.

View attachment 267779

Your hair is definitely beautiful Jace. I want that length right now lol!

Yes your hair looks amazing. I love your texture...are you relaxed? If so you have some beautiful texture to your hair. If natural then you still have amazing texture when str8end.

Thank you! I'm not relaxed haven't been since 2009. I get that question quite a bit because my hair when pressed looks very straight. I'm actually a fine haired natural and although it looks very nice when straightened it can often look "see through" because it's so fine. Pros and cons.

Hi Ladies,

I had a touch up a couple of days ago and here is my length check up. The first picture is from December after I trimmed the uneven ends off and the second one is as of this weekend. And as you can see, I have more uneven ends - but I don't wear my hair out and bun all the time. So I'm not trimming them off, lol. However, knowing that they are uneven, I hope it won't bother me too much and I can leave the scissors alone.

Attachments

• Dec 24th (2).jpg
    Dec 24th (2).jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 55
  • July 4th.jpg
    July 4th.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 81
Sorry that you are going through this. You need to get down to the reason for you not retaining. Do you let your hair take a breather in between installs? What's your reggie like during PS and when you are not PSing?

Before that, I installed my own yarn braids. I made the mistake of borrowing too much between pieces of hair while braiding. So when I took it down I may have caused too much damage to the ends.

Now I have some good products, stopped being lazy about DCing after henna and I'm PSing. I found a comfortable way to wear my faux bun so I can sleep in it. I keep it for three days before redoing.

I wash and DC weekly, henna gloss monthly, m&s 3-4 days a week, baggie o/n 3-4 nights a week and protein every two weeks.

Im also working on another PS with the X-pression braid hair (two flat twists on the side with a bun in the back). Have to make sure I don't do the twists too tight near my edges. Will post a pic as soon as I get it right. Wore it to work a few times and got a lot of complements :wink:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Im going to ghe a few times a week to increase moisture and possibly boost my growth rate. Next month I am trimming during a new moon. I need all the growth I can get this year I have only grown a little over 2 inches. At that rate I should be able to grow another 2 by December and I will be bsl for sure. I can't wait!

Oh yeah my celies are back :yep: I did them last night. Im just gonna wig it until next month. Dh was like "u need me to help?" He is really sweet, but the last time he "helped" my hair color got overprocessed and I had a lot of breakage :(

I should teach him how to oil my scalp and do a massage for me. It seems more relaxing when someone else does it :yep:

Im going to ghe a few times a week to increase moisture and possibly boost my growth rate. Next month I am trimming during a new moon. I need all the growth I can get this year I have only grown a little over 2 inches. At that rate I should be able to grow another 2 by December and I will be bsl for sure. I can't wait!
At least you can do the GHE, if I do it I wake up with dripping hair. Maybe I over moisturize .

Before that, I installed my own yarn braids. I made the mistake of borrowing too much between pieces of hair while braiding. So when I took it down I may have caused too much damage to the ends.

Now I have some good products, stopped being lazy about DCing after henna and I'm PSing. I found a comfortable way to wear my faux bun so I can sleep in it. I keep it for three days before redoing.

I wash and DC weekly, henna gloss monthly, m&s 3-4 days a week, baggie o/n 3-4 nights a week and protein every two weeks.

Im also working on another PS with the X-pression braid hair (two flat twists on the side with a bun in the back). Have to make sure I don't do the twists too tight near my edges. Will post a pic as soon as I get it right. Wore it to work a few times and got a lot of complements :wink:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Okay thanks...so it looks as if you know what caused it and your regi seems solid. Just be careful when styling like you said as to not put too much tension. Can't wait for pics!

1.Current hair length:
-APL

2. Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning:
-Texlaxed

3. Goal Month:
-November

4. Current Reggie and styling choices:
-wash&dc 1x/wk
-cowash 1x/wk
-m&s 1x/d

5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?
-stay consistent

6. Post a beginning picture

Picture taken 5/17/14
image-829895107.jpg

Hey ladies! New/old member here checking in. I use to be really active with my hair care but fell off when I went to college (I found that I had less time on my hands, lol

I just had the worstttttt wash day. I fell asleep with wet/uncovered hair last night by mistake and I woke up to a birds nest on my head this morning. I just lost so much hair detangling before I washed it. I'm 7 months post and from now on I will never lay down unless my hair is stretched into a bun or braid and DRY.

Also, I was planning to do a length check in August but I'm afraid my hair has been breaking because it seems so thin. I don't think I will have the guts to straighten until December at the end.

I relaxed Saturday. I used the same relaxer (Linange) and the same method (half and half) as usual. I must have irritated my scalp because the back half was on fire pretty quickly, which normally doesn't happen. It came out well though. I decided that I'm not going to do a length check until the end of summer.

I've started consistently taking my vitamins again and exercising, so I'm hoping that contributes to my summertime growth spurt. And I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when I do my length check. It's been all buns and GHE over here, so we'll see.

I just had the worstttttt wash day. I fell asleep with wet/uncovered hair last night by mistake and I woke up to a birds nest on my head this morning. I just lost so much hair detangling before I washed it. I'm 7 months post and from now on I will never lay down unless my hair is stretched into a bun or braid and DRY.

Also, I was planning to do a length check in August but I'm afraid my hair has been breaking because it seems so thin. I don't think I will have the guts to straighten until December at the end.
So sorry to hear about this. We really have to be vigilant about our hair especially since we haven't reached our goals yet. If it's thin don't do anything to it that will make it worse. Try to nurse it by doing DC's and air drying. That'll thicken it up. You have our support.

So I did a length check last weekend. It doesn't feel like my hair has grown a lot since December(trimmed 1 inch in January), but it seems to have grown "a lot" since April. I don't think I'll get BSL by December, but I'm definitely making progress!

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1404518468337-picsay.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1404518468337-picsay.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 55
So I did a length check last weekend. It doesn't feel like my hair has grown a lot since December(trimmed 1 inch in January), but it seems to have grown "a lot" since April. I don't think I'll get BSL by December, but I'm definitely making progress!

That's some gr8 progress snoop!

Definitely and much thicker. Congrats.

I just had the worstttttt wash day. I fell asleep with wet/uncovered hair last night by mistake and I woke up to a birds nest on my head this morning. I just lost so much hair detangling before I washed it. I'm 7 months post and from now on I will never lay down unless my hair is stretched into a bun or braid and DRY. Also, I was planning to do a length check in August but I'm afraid my hair has been breaking because it seems so thin. I don't think I will have the guts to straighten until December at the end.

I've done this more times than I care to admit.

Nice! I'm probably going to trim about an inch or so this month so I'm hoping to have similar progress. Thanks for sharing!

Still rocking my two strand twists. I co-washed in them last night and I am hoping to keep them in for one more week, which will be hard since the mailman just dropped off my package from J Monique's Naturals and I'm itching to try everything out lol.

Back