APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

IKR...but is it that you are a slow grower? Or retention issue? Mine is both and scissor happy added to the mix lol.

I have to say both. I am a slow grower. Transitioned for 11 months, and only got 2.5 -4 inches of hair after BC. I can definitely do better as far as retention goes. I BC in janaury of 2013, and i have yet to do a long term PS. The longest i have been in PS is 5 days. All the twisting, untwisting, and retwisting have got to go this year. I want to try some twist extensions starting next week. I have to say though i was concentrating on babying my edges, so i am not mad.
I don't have the luxury of being scissor happy:lol:. I trim 1/4 to 1/2 inch about every 12 weeks. I did get better growth this year though, and i have to give all the credit to inversion a few times a week. I did about 4 trims this year, and my hair went from 2.5 to 4 in right after BC to 5.5 to 8.5in last night after my last trim. The lowest numbers are my edges and the biggest my crown. Everywhere else is about 8. So i will keep inverting and PS more this year.

Last edited:
I did me and my two older girls hair yesterday. Actually by the time I got finished with there's during the day, I ended up doing mine last night. Anyway I used 1 1/2 packs and me and my second oldest and two packs on my oldest. This time I used ecostyler for hold after applying LI and a butter. My girls hair came out really nice with gr8 hold. Some crunch but not too worried bc maybe the style will last longer. They did however get white flakes in their hair that I don't like. I got hold as we'll but no crunch or white flakes and I used a lot of gel on my hair. I don't get it but ah we'll. I did use a soft brush to smooth the hair b4 I put it through the curlformers and that helped a lot. The hair wasn't trying to curl onto itself in the curlformers and our ends came out wonderful. I didn't separate the hair yet and probably won't. Anyway pics or it never happened right....oh and we all slept in these things!!! I said last time I wouldn't but I needed my hair to set and dry and no time for dryer or too lazy lol either way it did set gr8 but next time I don't care I'm sitting under the dryer. We had morning faces y'all lol...

image-2878690717.jpg image-3665542074.jpg image-1451691409.jpg image-2526577317.jpg image-1653766881.jpg image-454794929.jpg image-2606257869.jpg image-1504807102.jpg image-679352832.jpg image-2276683968.jpg image-1997949691.jpg image-4062498635.jpg image-3271256506.jpg Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I did me and my two older girls hair yesterday. Actually by the time I got finished with there's during the day, I ended up doing mine last night. Anyway I used 1 1/2 packs and me and my second oldest and two packs on my oldest. This time I used ecostyler for hold after applying LI and a butter. My girls hair came out really nice with gr8 hold. Some crunch but not too worried bc maybe the style will last longer. They did however get white flakes in their hair that I don't like. I got hold as we'll but no crunch or white flakes and I used a lot of gel on my hair. I don't get it but ah we'll. I did use a soft brush to smooth the hair b4 I put it through the curlformers and that helped a lot. The hair wasn't trying to curl onto itself in the curlformers and our ends came out wonderful. I didn't separate the hair yet and probably won't. Anyway pics or it never happened right....oh and we all slept in these things!!! I said last time I wouldn't but I needed my hair to set and dry and no time for dryer or too lazy lol either way it did set gr8 but next time I don't care I'm sitting under the dryer. We had morning faces y'all lol...

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

That looks really nice !!!!! You did a great job.

Please come do mine! The curls are beautiful. How long did it take you and how long will they last?

Please come do mine! The curls are beautiful. How long did it take you and how long will they last?

I sure would girly! It took me maybe a little over an hour to install bc I took my time this time around smoothing each section. I'm not sure how long bc last time I didn't use any product with hold so they didn't look so hot the next day. I'm hoping I can get 5 days out of it.

3 day old flat iron job. Very proud of my hair for this!! I didnt think it could be bouncy or shiny.

And oddly enough, my hair didnt start to act right until after I relaxed again.

Attachments

• sl.jpg
    sl.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 44
Beginning photo. 6 on shirt is APL and 8 is grazing BSL.
1c69c824-9344-44b3-9647-edb7cd8b725b.jpg

3 day old flat iron job. Very proud of my hair for this!! I didnt think it could be bouncy or shiny. And oddly enough, my hair didnt start to act right until after I relaxed again.

Your hair does look very bouncy and soft! I wish my hair had your thickness...very pretty

My hair is at this awkward length where my plain wng just look like unkempt hair. In the beginning of my hhj i'd do twist outs, but I learned that's too much manipulation. I don't really want a weave, but I need too figure something out quickly.

I can't believe it's January 2014...... wow. I really hope/plan to reach APL this year and close to BSL. Just have to remain consistent and focused.

Welp my curlformer set did not last throughout the night! Lol I even pineappled...When I removed the scarf my hair was stuck in that position. I shook it out and tried to get it to lay down but a no go. I just bantu knotted my hair up into a whimpy bun!

I've been wearing my flat ironed hair in barrel curls these past couple of days. But, I have no idea what styles to wear afterwards. I went almost 3 months with no heat on the majority of my hair and I ended up with raggedy ends! My ends were not raggedy before that either. I mostly did twistouts and then a sew in for a month. I consistently m&s with the twistout but it was a lot of manipulation. I probably didn't m&s enough under the sew in though. I can't pinpoint either so, I'll take a rest from both of those! Maybe I'll get a new dryer and play around with roller setting.

I am wearing buns until Sunday when I get my dominican blowout. I will post a starting pic after I get my hair straightened

I am such a hair-loser. I hung out with the APL folks two years ago, and last year I was on the inclusion bus for the MBL length folks. :(

I'm still shoulder length. I THINK I made some recent progress. I want to say I was always at 3 on my shirt before, but now I'm a solid 4 across the board. Six is APL for me.

I WAS going to get regular trims to see if that makes a difference. But I'm changing my mind now that it's time for the next trim.

I THINK I have made some progress in the last 3 months. I read about the LOC method and employed it.
I use Shescentit Coco Butter Leave in (L)
Then Morrocan Argan oil (O)
Then Cream (One of the Shescentit butters)

Lately my hair/ends haven't been as dry! I would wash my hair frequently just because it was dry, but lately I don't have to wash my hair as much. My hair was even actually "dirty" over Christmas... this NEVER happens generally!

I FEEL as if my hair has made progress. now with the LOC method. You know that fuzzy/halo effect at the ends of your hair? I guess it's that thinness of ends when you could probably use a trim. Well I don't have that this time.

So I'm going to skip the trim until April. I hope it's not a mistake! Please, please please! I want progress on this front.

My camera is acting up, so I'll post a pic later. My straightening is really not great, but it's ballpark!

Back