Apl 2016 Challenge

What a lovely friend to come over and do your hair. And you have me laughing at I just can't! I see your greys girl, feel your pain!! And lastly I must say...you skin is freakin GORGEOUS!!

Awww! Thank you so very much! Girl, not for not trying-- me and my skin have a love/hate relationship!! Today, I'm in love, lol...

experiencing some breakage and shedding, aaah! will shampoo to start with a clean base, use a reconstructor and follow with a moisture dc after for the next couple weeks.

Ive REALLLLLY been slacking on my hair.

It is nice to see you all are keeping up with the APL challenge.

Today is May 1st and I am declaring that I will get back to my goal. I've decided that realistically I will be back in the 2017 APL challenge.

Happy new month ladies!
Im going to invert today and water rinse.

Chanting: * I will take my vitamins.. I will take my vitamins.. I will take my vitamins*

Im in a personal HYH 2016 challenge..

The hair hype struggle is here for me. Being at this "in between" stage, and hiding my hair gives me very little motivation.

experiencing some breakage and shedding, aaah! will shampoo to start with a clean base, use a reconstructor and follow with a moisture dc after for the next couple weeks.
Shedding I understand to a point but what do you suppose caused the breakage @Wenbev? Once you know that, repairing it is a great thing to do but knowing what caused the breakage to begin with is a better start. That way, you know how to move forward in it's restoration and maintenance as well.

Shedding I understand to a point but what do you suppose caused the breakage @Wenbev? Once you know that, repairing it is a great thing to do but knowing what caused the breakage to be gin with is a better start. That way, you know how to move forward in it's restoration and maintenance as well.

@Aggie, to be honest, for the breakage, I believe it was a combination of dryness, being in the doldrums and not staying on routine. The shedding sucks as it is causing tangles and I don't know what's causing that. :(

I'm really bad at keeping up with my monthly inversions. I think I'll post in here to see if that helps.

I did a scalp massage with my garlic oil blend and inverted for 5 minutes. Day 1 completed.

@Aggie, to be honest, for the breakage, I believe it was a combination of dryness, being in the doldrums and not staying on routine. The shedding sucks as it is causing tangles and I don't know what's causing that. :(

Hmm, your hair might be going through its' telogen (rest and shedding) phase which is normal. After this your follicles will rest for about 3 months before it enters it's anagen (growing) phase again. Give it some time, it will normalize itself.

You can use garlic oil or garlic shampoo and conditioner to minimize or slow down the shedding a little, but eventually they all must go. Thankfully, not all of our hair go through the cycles all at once or we'd have to go bald for those 3 month:lol:.

Thank you @Aggie :)This is true, I have just noticed bigger and bigger wads of hair when I wash and no likey. Does the garlic oil /shampoo leave a smell?? I have a strong sense of smell, it would irritate the snot out of me.
I will watch the next couple months to see if the shedding decreases.
Tonight I mixed up some left over conditioners, including a biotin conditioner with protien, castor oil and rosemary eo for a prepoo. Sectioned in 4 and currently sitting with a baggie. Will wash out, spray with aloe vera gel/tea/eo mix and use a cream to set flat twists tonight.

Thank you @Aggie :)This is true, I have just noticed bigger and bigger wads of hair when I wash and no likey. Does the garlic oil /shampoo leave a smell?? I have a strong sense of smell, it would irritate the snot out of me.
I will watch the next couple months to see if the shedding decreases.
Tonight I mixed up some left over conditioners, including a biotin conditioner with protien, castor oil and rosemary eo for a prepoo. Sectioned in 4 and currently sitting with a baggie. Will wash out, spray with aloe vera gel/tea/eo mix and use a cream to set flat twists tonight.
@Wenbev, the oils will have a smell as you use it, but once you shampoo, it will disappear. You have to use it as a prepoo for about 30 minutes on your scalp, then wash and style as usual. A quick fix recipe is to just take about 3 cloves of garlic, mince or dice fine, add 2-3 tbsp of evoo to it, heat in micro wave for about 20 - 30 seconds, add to scalp for 30 minutes, wash. Do this twice a week and that should help minimize the shedding.

@Wenbev, the oils will have a smell as you use it, but once you shampoo, it will disappear. You have to use it as a prepoo for about 30 minutes on your scalp, then wash and style as usual. A quick fix recipe is to just take about 3 cloves of garlic, mince or dice fine, add 2-3 tbsp of evoo to it, heat in micro wave for about 20 - 30 seconds, add to scalp for 30 minutes, wash. Do this twice a week and that should help minimize the shedding.
I think I'll give it a try. thank you :)

I recently got the itch to straighten. I used the irresistible me flat iron. I wanted to compare it to my fhi. It did ok. I only had it on 300 and it did pretty good. Now I know that I can lower the heat on my fhi when I flat iron. I STILL can not get that salon swing though. I might be using too much product, idk. Any ideas ladies?

I recently got the itch to straighten. I used the irresistible me flat iron. I wanted to compare it to my fhi. It did ok. I only had it on 300 and it did pretty good. Now I know that I can lower the heat on my fhi when I flat iron. I STILL can not get that salon swing though. I might be using too much product, idk. Any ideas ladies?

Hair with swing always has minimal product applied. What are you using?

Hair with swing always has minimal product applied. What are you using?

Redkin pillow proof line. I am so afraid of heat damage, I use 2 heat protectants. I am sure that's not necessary though. I use the cream and the spritz. Then I seal that with the diamond oil. After all that, I will either blow dry or rollerset and sit under the dryer. Then I will flat iron.

I have only once had my hair come out bouncy and light and that was like the 3rd time I straightened, and I can't remember what I did.

Redkin pillow proof line. I am so afraid of heat damage, I use 2 heat protectants. I am sure that's not necessary though. I use the cream and the spritz. Then I seal that with the diamond oil. After all that, I will either blow dry or rollerset and sit under the dryer. Then I will flat iron.

I have only once had my hair come out bouncy and light and that was like the 3rd time I straightened, and I can't remember what I did.

Try not sealing with the oil. Oil tends to make my hair heavy and it doesn't move. How much oil are you using? If more than a dime size for your entire head, trying reducing the amount.

Try not sealing with the oil. Oil tends to make my hair heavy and it doesn't move. How much oil are you using? If more than a dime size for your entire head, trying reducing the amount.

Definitely sounds like too much product. Stick to one heat protectant. If you properly hydrate your hair prior to the straightening process, you will need to use less to keep it moisturized after. i.e. dry crunchy hair prior to washing that is still feeling crunchy after will net dry crunchy straightened hair. I'd use the oil, like a dime size, on the night of day two or three when setting your hair. Would not suggest using oil prior. Also consider the amount of protectant you are using when blowing. It really doesnt need to be more than a dime or a nickel size depending of the thickness of your hair. When I blow dry, I use a dime size per quadrant, focusing on the ends. I wouldnt bother using a protectant with a rollerset if there's no direct heat.

Back